Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 11:39 AM
Carter Bechaz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Electrical Issues

I have been doing a lot of research lately to try and figure out an issue with my 2012 g 37. Im started to think its something with the BCM as i have needed a jump twice in the last month or so. Along with 2 of my windows (passenger front, rear driver) stuck 2 inches from the top. no control of any windows but the driver. On my driver door control switches the only things that work are the driver window switch and my mirror adjustment ****. Nothing from the door lock/unlock, window lock/unlock and other 3 window controls.. Please help
Old 10-08-2020, 06:53 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
^^
How old is your battery and have you had it tested?
Old 10-08-2020, 04:36 PM
jfridge92
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
+1 to test the battery.

If that checks out, check all of the fuses under the driver's dash and in the engine compartment to confirm none are blown that may feed the BCM.

If fuses are all good, pull the carpet back on the passenger side to check the BCM. If you have a sunroof, chances are the sunroof drains are either clogged or leaking at the firewall grommet, and they can essentially flood the BCM with water. Most of the time if this happens it results in a no-crank no-start situation, but water damage to electronics can do interesting things.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:02 PM
Carter Bechaz
Registered Member

got it checked the other day, said it was bad but they didnt think that would be the issue.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:28 PM
Carter Bechaz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jfridge92
+1 to test the battery.

If that checks out, check all of the fuses under the driver's dash and in the engine compartment to confirm none are blown that may feed the BCM.

If fuses are all good, pull the carpet back on the passenger side to check the BCM. If you have a sunroof, chances are the sunroof drains are either clogged or leaking at the firewall grommet, and they can essentially flood the BCM with water. Most of the time if this happens it results in a no-crank no-start situation, but water damage to electronics can do interesting things.
I got the battery replaced and still same issues, driver window works, mirror adjuster works, none of the other windows and the lock/unlock button do not. IM stumped and definitely cannot afford a new motor in my doors,
Old 11-03-2020, 10:12 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Carter Bechaz
I have been doing a lot of research lately to try and figure out an issue with my 2012 g 37. Im started to think its something with the BCM as i have needed a jump twice in the last month or so. Along with 2 of my windows (passenger front, rear driver) stuck 2 inches from the top. no control of any windows but the driver. On my driver door control switches the only things that work are the driver window switch and my mirror adjustment ****. Nothing from the door lock/unlock, window lock/unlock and other 3 window controls.. Please help
Have you followed the troubleshooting in the FSM?

https://www.nicoclub.com/service-man...n/2012/PWC.pdf

Use your multi meter to test the wiring harness connections in the BCM

Is there any evidence of water or corrosion?

Good luck