Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Happy new member of the Infiniti family

Old 02-14-2019, 12:51 AM
rodlester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy new member of the Infiniti family

I’d just like to introduce myself to the group. I’m Rodney from Wilmington, NC and we just replaced my wife’s Jeep commander with a “new to us” 2013 g37x. Wow, so far we are in love with this car and really impressed with it. I have to admit that I’ve been addicted to this site for the past several days since we brought her home. Thanks for all of the information available to me as I begin this never ending journey of upgrades and hard work. I’ve noticed the welcoming atmosphere in the threads and It’s obvious that I’ve come to the right place for reliable and accurate infomation and advice. I’ve done several suspension jobs on our vehicles in the past, changing a-arms, replacing coil overs, and lifting our 4x4’s but never thought I’d be looking forward to lowering something. I will be the one getting my hands dirty on the projects that I can handle, albeit there will be a lot of cussing and time wasting, but in the end it’s rewarding to see the final product. I offer my thanks to all of you for your future help.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:12 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,569 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Nice intro, Rodney. Welcome to the forum. Looks like the previous owner already replaced your exhaust.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:27 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Welcome Rodny, your G looks great in that blue slate, keep us posted with your mod progress.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:29 AM
rodlester

Originally Posted by Hashim
Welcome Rodny, your G looks great in that blue slate, keep us posted with your mod progress.
Will do, thanks. My wife loves it.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:31 AM
rodlester

Originally Posted by Rochester
Nice intro, Rodney. Welcome to the forum. Looks like the previous owner already replaced your exhaust.
Thanks. That's one if the first things I noticed, sounded great when we fired her up at the dealership. Got home and found out it's an Invidea cat back. I'm now thinking about matching it with one if their HFCs, what do you think?
Old 02-17-2019, 01:26 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,569 Likes on 3,422 Posts
I don't have an opinion about Invidia cats. However, high-flow cats will change the sound, and introduce a little extra grunt, so nothing wrong about those plans.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:50 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Hi Rodney, welcome to the site, glad you found us and found that sedan!
Old 02-17-2019, 11:46 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:08 PM
rodlester

Thanks everyone for welcoming me. I’m getting things in order to begin a few mods in then next couple of weeks. There’s so much info on this forum that it takes some time to go through to be properly prepared. My view is that if you’re going to drop a few grand you’d better do your homework and get exactly what you want. I’ve got about 3k to throw at her and I need to make sure my wife is happy with the results, after all it’s her car. So with that in mind, I thought I’d spend about 2 of that on suspension then play a little with performance with what’s left. The thing is, the roads here in Wilmington are absolutely horrible, especially the brick streets downtown so I need to make sure I get something with enough adjustment to dial something we like in. My understanding is that I’ll need a front and rear camber kit, rear sway bar, and some 15-20mm spacers for the stock 17s to go with the coilovers to do it mostly right. I wanted to go with hfcs but I’m now rethinking that since I’m pretty happy with the performance and sound of everything as she sits. I would like to look into upgrading the intake and getting an e-tune since I’d have to drive to Richmond for a dyno that will work with my x. I can do without knowing what the numbers are right now but I’m more interested in what we experience on the street and a few tune and test nights at the local strip. My decision for an intake option is up in the air because of all the differing opinions on the stock setup and whether it’s really necessary for more than some good drop ins and maybe post map tubes. Then there’s the tune. I’ve been leaning towards an ecutek from specialty z, maybe their off the shelf option since I’ll only be running some type of intake and a cbe.

Thanks again for welcoming me!