Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New member and new G37S (but not new to the VQ family!:)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 02:18 PM
goldbug
Premier Member

Received 152 Likes on 101 Posts
New member and new G37S (but not new to the VQ family!:)

Hey everyone,

I guess I'm a little late since I've had my G for 2 months now haha but wanted to introduce myself and my new to me G. I got the car with 53k miles on it in great shape, it's a 2013 G37S 6 speed I couldn't ever say no to a manual G again after owning a 2007 G35 "sport" with a 6 speed gearbox also, and I couldn't be happier with this one. It's bone stock other than whatever tint (looks like the legal limit here for NC) came installed with it which will be replaced at some point, and a Z1 front mount intake I installed after 2 weeks of owning it and couldn't be happier. I also did a much needed power steering flush and replaced it with Valvoline MaxLife full synthetic ATF fluid which has made an amazing improvement in the steering feel. I'll be installing their larger high-flow air filters and slightly cutting the radiator mount so the intake tubes aren't squished in the factory air intake holes and will get some pictures of the intake and process then. I've got some Work's and coilovers already picked out and will be making another post in the wheels category shortly to get a second opinion on the offset and tire sizes I've picked out after spending hours on this forum looking for info I did have the worst luck with the new G though a week ago- after parking at a restaurant with slanted parking spots, I came out only to find someone had kindly scraped the **** outta my bumper on the back left corner, and the paint chipped in one spot the size of a quarter and is cracking now. Luckily they didn't dent or crack the bumper so it just needs to be repainted (anyone have a ballpark on cost? I've heard $300-700). Anyways here's 2 pics of the G for now, I'll be sure to upload more of the intake setup and mods as well as progress with the suspension work I'll be doing to it. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions! - Phill
Old 08-20-2018, 08:43 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site, I've see you around though, so a belated welcome
Nice looking coupe, and sounds like a good list of plans. Keep us posted on what you end up doing.
The following users liked this post:
goldbug (08-21-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 01:24 PM
goldbug
Premier Member

Received 152 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Welcome to the site, I've see you around though, so a belated welcome
Nice looking coupe, and sounds like a good list of plans. Keep us posted on what you end up doing.
Thanks for the welcome and the help already blnewt. I'll definitely be posting any updates as I mod my way through the suspension all the way to a low compression re-build for some FI