Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

G37x or Q50?

Old 08-18-2018, 08:24 PM
AScobi64
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
G37x or Q50?

I've had a crush on the G for a few years now. I used to like the coupe but have decided the sedan is a better choice for me. Either way, I have seen a lot of great info on here and was hoping for some feedback.

I'm finally ready to make the leap and get one! It's going to be a few weeks but it's happening this year. My only serious issue is a can't have AWD and an MT. And I absolutely need AWD if this is going to be my daily. So I'm going to make the sacrifice and just install paddle shifters.

I test drove a 2010 G37x sedan today and a 2015 Q50x. Honestly I think I prefer the body style of the G, especially with the mods I want to eventually do, but the Q does catch my eye and I hadn't really thought about it until today when I drove one. Is there any huge difference between the two? Other than the interior technology? The dealer swears they can keep my payment around the same if I end up with a Q50. Infiniti of Nashua NH.

Thoughts? Opinions?

P.S. my current daily is a 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
Old 08-18-2018, 08:54 PM
GdaddyNY
Registered Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
I was in the same boat when I bought my X sedan. I went with the G for the same reasons you stated. Almost a year later, I still love my G. The only reason I could think of to get the Q is because it would be newER and resale would be a higher. Resale on both aren’t super anyway. I beat up the dealer on price for the G because it was older too. They couldn’t do much on the Q. No regrets here though.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:47 PM
AScobi64
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GdaddyNY
I was in the same boat when I bought my X sedan. I went with the G for the same reasons you stated. Almost a year later, I still love my G. The only reason I could think of to get the Q is because it would be newER and resale would be a higher. Resale on both aren’t super anyway. I beat up the dealer on price for the G because it was older too. They couldn’t do much on the Q. No regrets here though.
I'll keep that in mind because I had the same thought(s). Also I was curious as to how happy I'll be in a year or so, but obviously that's personal preference but I wondered about others.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:05 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Try to find a G37X from 2012-on, that way you won't have that inferior oil gasket problem to be concerned with, and IMO the G still looks great, never a fan of the Q50 styling, but that's me

Welcome to the site btw, and let us know what you end up with (especially if it's a G! )
Old 08-18-2018, 10:56 PM
KidJai06
Registered Member

Received 130 Likes on 91 Posts
Just a thought but.... how about both 13' G37xS coupe for the weekend and 14' Q50S AWD Hybrid for the daily...

Seriously though, drive them both a good bit to see which you like better. If you end up with the Q50 with DAS, its a much different driving feel, the Q50 also has an array of engine choices depending on year and trim. It ranges from the same 3.7 of the G to 2.0T, 3.0T, or in the case of the Hybrid, a 3.5 + electric motor. Ive had my G for a couple years and the Q for a couple months. I love them both but they are completely different cars despite having so many similarities. I feel like the G is more of a drivers car as I feel more connected to the road and the driving experience. The Q has lots of electric involved with about everything, its a great daily driver, it cruises along with virtually no effort, its comfortable and the hybrid setup allows me to have all kinds of nearly instant power when I want/need it and I avg 30+ mpg even with a semi-beavy foot.

Ultimately decide what you want out of the car as far as features, feel, aesthetics etc.... Good luck!
Old 08-19-2018, 12:19 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Now there's a solution for you ^^^^^
Old 08-19-2018, 10:41 AM
AScobi64
Registered Member

If only haha, but my toy on the weekends is my bike. Honestly I wish they'd let me take it for a few days or something, let me drive it to and from work on the roads that I will have it on every day. But I never even asked and the dealer is an hour and a half away.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:48 PM
KidJai06
Registered Member

Received 130 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by AScobi64
If only haha, but my toy on the weekends is my bike. Honestly I wish they'd let me take it for a few days or something, let me drive it to and from work on the roads that I will have it on every day. But I never even asked and the dealer is an hour and a half away.
Never hurts to give them a call and ask about an extended test drive for each car your considering, especially if they know you're a real buyer.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:59 PM
AScobi64
Registered Member

Thanks for responses, friendly community you got here. Glad to finally be a part of it. I have to sell my truck before I can seriously make any moves but hopefully that's sooner than later.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:54 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
I love my G, but if I were buying now would probably get the Q. Mainly for the updated car and potentially better resale. But they do drive differently. Either look good especially when modded some. Hard choice. Would definitely check on the extended test drive or rent a Q for a day or two to get an overall feel.