Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Drive in movie with the G??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 08:45 PM
Curtis Roberts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drive in movie with the G??

This is a quick question. If I take my G to the drive in movies how do I not kill my battery and how do I turn my headlights off? I don’t think I can. My car was manufactured in Canada where the cars have to have driving lights on all the time. My lights switch is off and both headlights are on. Is there a way to rewrite this so when it’s off then they are off? Okay that was a few questions. Lol.

To the moderators. I wasn’t sure where to post this so feel free to move it if it doesn’t belong here. 🙂
Old 08-02-2018, 11:29 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
If you just have your ignition switch to the ON but motor isn't running your lights still stay on???
Old 08-02-2018, 11:56 PM
Selym
Registered Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Engage the parking brake.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:57 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
You need to shut the car off, apply the parking brake and switch the light switch to off, and then when you turn the car on the lights won't turn on until you release the parking brake or use the switch. I figured this out when I was trying to diagnose a bulb/ballast issue because it's rather annoying having to cycle through the ignition to turn the lights on and off.
Originally Posted by blnewt
If you just have your ignition switch to the ON but motor isn't running your lights still stay on???
Yes.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 07:48 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Epiphany
You need to shut the car off, apply the parking brake and switch the light switch to off, and then when you turn the car on the lights won't turn on until you release the parking brake or use the switch.
Yes, this . Also dim the gauges and infotainment screen manually...I've taken my G to the drive in a few times, its fun but if you're 6 ft or above be prepared to have the headliner cut into your sight lines unless you go far back
Old 08-03-2018, 11:18 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
I guess this is one of this newfangled fancy drive in movies where you use your radio instead of hanging the speaker on the window.

They'll have jumper cables.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:54 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
"New fangled"! I believe my first encounter with one of those was 1978 or so. Either Star Trek: The Motion Picture or Star Trek: The Wrath Of Khan. I'm just happy drive-ins are enjoying a small renaissance.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:03 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
"New fangled"! I believe my first encounter with one of those was 1978 or so. Either Star Trek: The Motion Picture or Star Trek: The Wrath Of Khan. I'm just happy drive-ins are enjoying a small renaissance.

Raiders of the Lost Ark for me

I took several girls on dates to the drive in when I was in high school. I have no idea what movies we saw

It's a fun experience, I'm glad it's making a come back of sorts!
Old 08-03-2018, 05:42 PM
Curtis Roberts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome. Thank you everyone for the hints! What about annoying instrument panel lights? Like awd, brake, etc. Those will still be lit up like a Christmas tree huh? Lol.

And my first drive in movie was a Jaws. Not sure which one though.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:01 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
I don't recall my first drive-in movie, though it might have been The Absent-Minded Professor (1961). Star Trek was the first movie I watched that used an AM transmitter for sound.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:53 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by Hashim
Yes, this . Also dim the gauges and infotainment screen manually...I've taken my G to the drive in a few times, its fun but if you're 6 ft or above be prepared to have the headliner cut into your sight lines unless you go far back
Make sure to turn infotainment screen off not just dimmed. Hold the day/night/auto button.
Originally Posted by Curtis Roberts
Awesome. Thank you everyone for the hints! What about annoying instrument panel lights? Like awd, brake, etc. Those will still be lit up like a Christmas tree huh? Lol.

And my first drive in movie was a Jaws. Not sure which one though.
Have the car in ACC mode and those lights won't be on.