Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Dead battery outcome Infiniti G37x coupe 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 08:01 PM
GuyWithQuestion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dead battery outcome Infiniti G37x coupe 2012

Hi, I just bought my new Inifiniti G37x coupe 2012 a few months ago and.. my battery died a few weeks ago and now my car has a lot of issues. For example:
1. my interior lights don’t light up (when I open the door or when I want it on)
2. the vanity mirror light don’t turn on
3. my windows don’t go up or down (not the windows motor because my windows go down a bit when the door pin is pressed)
4. I can’t lock my car with my car keys.. I need to do it manually while I’m inside the car on both sides but I can open with my remote (ps: the remote is fine because when I press both at the same time, the lock and unlock, it works and it does the programming for the horn or whatever.. so it does work)
5. Keyless entry don’t work on both sides
6. There are no lights indicating something is wrong on the dashboard

please help!!
Old 11-16-2017, 09:27 PM
Bostonreefer

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
when did these problems start happening? you say the car battery died a couple weeks ago, what killed the battery? did you get it fixed? replaced? who did the work you/mechanic ?
would think a short something electrical you check fuses?
Old 11-16-2017, 10:26 PM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
did you purchase the car from a private seller or delarship?
Old 11-17-2017, 01:54 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Could be an alternator issue, strange things happen when you're not running at full charging voltage. Hopefully you can go back to the dealer you bought it from and have them look into this further since it sounds like you bought it recently.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:42 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by GuyWithQuestion
Hi, I just bought my new Inifiniti G37x coupe 2012 a few months ago and.. my battery died a few weeks ago and now my car has a lot of issues. For example:
1. my interior lights don’t light up (when I open the door or when I want it on)
3. my windows don’t go up or down (not the windows motor because my windows go down a bit when the door pin is pressed)
4. I can’t lock my car with my car keys.. I need to do it manually while I’m inside the car on both sides but I can open with my remote (ps: the remote is fine because when I press both at the same time, the lock and unlock, it works and it does the programming for the horn or whatever.. so it does work)

please help!!
Sounds like you may have purchased a flood vehicle?
Who did you buy it from?
Did you have it checked out by an Infiniti dealer prior to purchase?
Was this vehicle purchased in another state from where you live?
Did this vehicle come from an auction with a possible washed title?
Over 500000 vehicles in the US were recent flood vehicles.

Telcoman
Old 11-22-2017, 01:20 PM
853roller
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GuyWithQuestion

please help!!

This is very helpful and I'm pretty sure this will fix your problem!

Battery Change G37X - Nissan Forum | Nissan Forums