Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Do you trust Amazon for parts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 08:12 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
yea third party sellers suck on amazon and communication is horrible. ebay is better at least they respond to questions. i notice some ebay sellers are drop shipping from amazon and walmart now
Old 11-13-2017, 08:20 PM
Crusher103
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I've never had a problem on amazon for anything i have bought. But typically your buying cheap parts from vendors on amazon or ebay which typically means China. So in all honesty you get what you pay for. Speaking from experience.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:22 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Crusher103
I've never had a problem on amazon for anything i have bought. But typically your buying cheap parts from vendors on amazon or ebay which typically means China. So in all honesty you get what you pay for. Speaking from experience.
dont be ignorant. amazon and ebay has name brand parts and oem parts at great prices as well as cheap china parts.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:41 PM
Crusher103
Registered Member

I'm the furthest thing from ignorant......i hope. Like i said i speak from experience. I have never found an Ebay/Amazon price to be better than going to an independent online vender for a part or directly to the manufacture. No matter if its wheels, turbos, suspension components. Unless we are talking about knock of parts. But if you want for example a Tial orTurbosmart BOV, just buy it directly from tial or turbosmart you'll likely get it for cheaper if you just shoot them a message and saying you saw a deal on ebay etc because they have to pay ebay for every purchase made there. Cost them more money. They would prefer to deal with you directly. However what ebay is good for is if you want to buy a used high quality part. For example, if you want an aftermarket stereo, ebay is good for that. However there is a high probability it is stolen lol.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:44 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

thats bullsnot. ebay and amazon items you will usually find cheaper and with free shipping. but thats ur opinion which is fine.
The following users liked this post:
stealthee (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 09:04 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
thats bullsnot. ebay and amazon items you will usually find cheaper and with free shipping. but thats ur opinion which is fine.
Agreed. The clutch master I spoke of was the same price on Amazon as what I would have gotten it for from RockAuto. The same clutch master was $10 to $15 more elsewhere. Crusher's post is pure speculation and opinion too.

There is plenty of savings to be had on Amazon. There are some parts out there that have set pricing so you won't save no matter where you go. That actually benefits Amazon, especially if it is Prime eligible.

I also know for a fact that you usually pay MORE when you buy directly from certain vendors rather than buy from after sellers. I've seen it first hand. I've shopped for things and saw prices on different sites and when I go to the manufacturers site itself the prices are WAY higher. My clutch I bought for my 3000GT was listed for over $500 on the manufacturers site. I bought it for under $400 from another vendor.
The following users liked this post:
saywat? (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Crusher103
Registered Member

lol speculation? Alright. Like i said i am speaking from my own experiences for things i have personally bought.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:49 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

amazon has been generous my last 2 recent orders. they've been shipping things out fast and via ups 2 day air. . usually with the free prime amount limit it takes a while to get shipped. im happy
Old 11-16-2017, 11:03 AM
super51fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon, eBay, Rockauto, etc. are middlemen. It honestly has nothing to do with purchasing from them on whether or not you will receive a quality a part. If you buy cheap parts, you will get cheap parts regardless of which outlet you purchased it from. Amazon, eBay, and RockAuto are associated with cheap parts for that reason but you can purchase quality parts through them with any issues.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:00 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by super51fan
Amazon, eBay, Rockauto, etc. are middlemen. It honestly has nothing to do with purchasing from them on whether or not you will receive a quality a part. If you buy cheap parts, you will get cheap parts regardless of which outlet you purchased it from. Amazon, eBay, and RockAuto are associated with cheap parts for that reason but you can purchase quality parts through them with any issues.
Bought from all three, never a problem w/ any of them. Must say Rockauto customer service is excellent, had a rebate submission denied, rockauto contacted the manufacturer (Monroe) and got everything cleaned up. Also they have parts clearly categorized from economy, daily driver, premium, and performance so you have a better idea of what part quality you're getting.
Even though rockauto doesn't offer free shipping the shipping costs are always reasonable from my experience w/ them.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:26 PM
super51fan

Originally Posted by blnewt
Bought from all three, never a problem w/ any of them. Must say Rockauto customer service is excellent, had a rebate submission denied, rockauto contacted the manufacturer (Monroe) and got everything cleaned up. Also they have parts clearly categorized from economy, daily driver, premium, and performance so you have a better idea of what part quality you're getting.
Even though rockauto doesn't offer free shipping the shipping costs are always reasonable from my experience w/ them.
The only downside to Rockauto is their shipping prices. Core exchanges are easy as well. They even carry name brand parts (aka StopTech) so I am not sure how people can say to not buy from them. Also ordered Denso o2 sensors (for my gs300) from Amazon with no issues and free 2 day shipping is nice as well.
I dont understand the hate, I'd rather buy from ebay, amazon, rockauto than autozone any day.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:39 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

ebay i would say is a true middle man. amazon stocks items they sell not all but a lot of the stuff i buy is sold by amazon. i dont deal with the third sellers . idk about rockauto but i assume the stock the items they sell too
Old 11-16-2017, 01:57 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
The only downside to Rockauto is their shipping prices. Core exchanges are easy as well. They even carry name brand parts (aka StopTech) so I am not sure how people can say to not buy from them. Also ordered Denso o2 sensors (for my gs300) from Amazon with no issues and free 2 day shipping is nice as well.
I dont understand the hate, I'd rather buy from ebay, amazon, rockauto than autozone any day.
Think any hate that may arise (haven't seen any directed at rockauto though) is mainly from ebay as there can be some shady sellers there and a bit easier to hide your identity. Like others have mentioned, taking the time to confirm part #s and do research to ensure you are getting better parts is time well spent.

Life's a gamble, and sometimes you will roll snake eyes, regardless
Old 11-16-2017, 02:35 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Maybe its because I'm not far from them geographically, but I've always fround rockauto's shipping prices fair. They perpetually run 5% off coupons which generally offsets any shipping charges. As they don't have a presence in my state unlike amazon, I also save on sales tax. I'd say it's roughly 50/50 on who ends up with the cheaper overall price, but it's usually very close.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:29 PM
super51fan

Originally Posted by Victory
Maybe its because I'm not far from them geographically, but I've always fround rockauto's shipping prices fair. They perpetually run 5% off coupons which generally offsets any shipping charges. As they don't have a presence in my state unlike amazon, I also save on sales tax. I'd say it's roughly 50/50 on who ends up with the cheaper overall price, but it's usually very close.
Id say they are far as well, but Amazon free 2 day shipping is better-er. I have been buying from them for 8+ years so I continuously have 5%, sometimes 10%, coupons ready to go lol