Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Crusher103 is here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 08:41 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Crusher103
Body roll and grip is one of the things that does bother me about the G. My E60 i actually think has less body roll and holds on to the road better.
With the OEM sways, your RWD G37 will understeer on hard turns. That's just a fact, and an easy fix. Find yourself a used set of Hotchkis swaybars, and you'll have much more control.

Handling mods aren't everyone's thing, but you'll discover sways are universally recommended here. It doesn't compromise ride quality, it greatly improves the drive, it's relatively inexpensive, and for most people it's a straightforward DIY.

Last edited by Rochester; 10-30-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:36 PM
Crusher103
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
OMG Rochester i had the itch to troll, but i need a more....."intimidating" poAst count, loan me some of yours. I just got done reading a org style stupid question thread in here.

Aside from the tr0lling. This car will be staying NA with bolt-ons. But balance is going to be the key. I'm still debating on coil overs or if i should just run a spring setup. The H&R are looking really good right now. I want to stay away from stiffening the sway bars. Stiffening the sway bars in most cases reduce the amount of available grip, in turn that "helps" the car rotate. I'm coming from a BMW that was just planted and composed at just about any speed(i can't tell you how many people i have surprised on onramps due to that chassis composure). You do not realize until you leave that car the amount that went into designing its chassis. What i want is for the car to be neutral and slightly under steer when pushed. The G37 as it sits now is upset by mid corner bumps and dips. I want it to stay confident and not feel nervous over uneven surfaces. I'll start with alignment and some maintenance items, then move to making it stick. Also needs m0Ar p0w3r.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:03 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Crusher103
Also needs m0Ar p0w3r.
Rear gears.

Start a build thread, Crusher. See where it goes.

Last edited by Rochester; 10-31-2017 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:30 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Might consider something like Eibach springs on Koni Yellows, should be a pretty good combo. Those H&Rs really drop deep vs. their advertised drop, even deeper than Tein S-Techs.
Look forward to your Gs progression.