Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Where's all the G37x Coupes

Old 08-02-2017, 12:33 PM
Range

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stealthee
I too was being picky wanting black with black interior, but would have considered another color exterior (except probably white or red), had one come up. I was probably in a 250 to 300 mile range depending on what site I was using.
I am kind of in the same boat. I really want black interior. The color I am mainly looking for is the really Liquid platinum but I would settle for something similar. With that search radius did you end up taking a road trip for the car or did you get a dealership to bring it to you?
Old 08-02-2017, 02:40 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
In my experience, Family owned dealerships are the best to deal with. That doesn't include little hole in the wall dealerships that scream shady.

I've dealt with three and would say I'm 2/3 experience wise with them. You're definitely more than a number; and they'll go up and beyond to help you out and work with you. Their reputation is what keeps them going and they want your repeat business. The major dealerships I've been to were just cold, and you could literally see the 'con' unfolding the more they spoke. Makes your skin crawl when you go in there and, if you've got some experience, can notice when certain tactics are being used on you. My favorite was when a salesman tried to up-sale a Charger to me that was 3 years old at +$8,000 over MSRP. Flat out told me they couldn't give it away due to its Purple color and pin stripping they had on it. I asked if he realized that at that price I could get a same year Scat pack and he just acted like he didn't hear me.

That being said, my fiance has bought her last two vehicles from the same Mazda dealership and the same salesman. Dude is very down to earth and doesn't B.S. bloated figures. Small family owned dealerships will also be very close to Invoice but there will be near no wiggle room; where a dealer might let a car go for invoice if they're that desperate to make a sale to hit their quotas.

Going to get mixed opinions from everyone and it's all pending what is in your area. The two I liked were in MD and Deleware while the one I had a bad experience with was in Bethesda / Rockville. My Fiance's cars have all come from the same PA dealership.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:47 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

This is actually where I got mine:

Used Cars New Castle DE | Used Cars & Trucks DE | United Auto Sales

They usually have Infiniti and Nissans in stock 24/7 and the owner is a big fan of G and Z cars. Very knowledgeable as well. They re-stock by the month. had up to 10 G's not too long ago. Looks a little light so I'm sure they're re-stocking soon. Let me know if you decide to go check them out.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:21 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Range
I am kind of in the same boat. I really want black interior. The color I am mainly looking for is the really Liquid platinum but I would settle for something similar. With that search radius did you end up taking a road trip for the car or did you get a dealership to bring it to you?
I ended up not getting a G. I couldn't talk myself into settling for an older one, and didn't want to be strapped with the higher payment on a newer one. I really wish I would have just bought one because I could have gotten rid of my Grand Prix before the trans crapped out.

When the trans crapped out I had to hurry to buy a car since I didn't have a 2nd one and had to settle for a Lancer GTS. If I would have had more than a day then I probably would have went further out and bought a G instead.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:43 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by stealthee
I ended up not getting a G. I couldn't talk myself into settling for an older one, and didn't want to be strapped with the higher payment on a newer one. I really wish I would have just bought one because I could have gotten rid of my Grand Prix before the trans crapped out.

When the trans crapped out I had to hurry to buy a car since I didn't have a 2nd one and had to settle for a Lancer GTS. If I would have had more than a day then I probably would have went further out and bought a G instead.
Dude...the similarities here are eerie.. I had a Mazda 3 and did the same thing. Figured I'd hold onto it and put off getting a new car. I admit, the G wasn't in the running. I always loved the car but figured I couldn't swing the payments at the time since we were saving for a wedding and a house. Well, 2 weeks after I decided to stick with it, my motor popped. Had to rush to get a Lancer SE and it was worse than the plague. So many issues with that car and while the payments weren't awful, I overpaid and couldn't secure my own financing which left me agreeing to a 9% IR.... All because it was the only dealer open on a Sunday. Had me by the short and curlies and they knew it.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:17 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
... left me agreeing to a 9% IR....
damn.. And I'm questioning my recent purchase at 2%! lol.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:59 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
Dude...the similarities here are eerie.. I had a Mazda 3 and did the same thing. Figured I'd hold onto it and put off getting a new car. I admit, the G wasn't in the running. I always loved the car but figured I couldn't swing the payments at the time since we were saving for a wedding and a house. Well, 2 weeks after I decided to stick with it, my motor popped. Had to rush to get a Lancer SE and it was worse than the plague. So many issues with that car and while the payments weren't awful, I overpaid and couldn't secure my own financing which left me agreeing to a 9% IR.... All because it was the only dealer open on a Sunday. Had me by the short and curlies and they knew it.
I managed to get 4.2% IR. I could probably get a little lower if I refinanced through State Farm.

It's definitely not the car I was looking for, but I am kind of back where I belong. I've owned a Mitsubishi product for 16 years now. I started with a 93 Eclipse, a year later bought my Stealth (that I still own), had a AWD turbo Talon in there at one point.. you get the point.

So far the Lancer has been okay to me. It's still got relatively low mileage for a 2011 at 57k miles. I've only changed the oil once and did a tire rotation in the 7+ months I've had it. Lately I've been averaging 27 mpg on my day to day commute. I can't really complain about that.

I'm paying extra on it every month to try to get it paid down so maybe I can trade it in in a few years

Search this Thread