Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New to G37 - how to fix interior panel gaps/alignment issues

Old 07-17-2017, 07:33 PM
snowy4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to G37 - how to fix interior panel gaps/alignment issues

Hello everyone! Just picked up a 2008 G37S last week. Love the car! It's in great condition overall, but after a week of ownership I keep finding alignment issues with my interior panels, especially the panel/shade around the gauge cluster where also the push button start switch is mounted to. It seems someone has taken it apart to fix a crack around the push button start switch and did not put it back to together correctly. The same can be said for the passenger side panel that runs from the glove box to the transmission/drive shaft panel. Hopefully, pictures will explain what I mean. It seems like an easy fix if I knew how to take these things off and back together. Can a decent mechanic fix this easily or will the whole dash have to come out or something like that? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Gauge cluster shade/panel doesn't sit flush (left side).

Gauge cluster shade/panel doesn't sit flush (right side).

Gauge cluster shade/panel gap

Someone fixed a crack in the panel around the push button start switch.

Passenger side panel doesn't sit flush.
Attached Thumbnails New to G37 - how to fix interior panel gaps/alignment issues-img_0529.jpg   New to G37 - how to fix interior panel gaps/alignment issues-img_0530.jpg   New to G37 - how to fix interior panel gaps/alignment issues-img_0531.jpg   New to G37 - how to fix interior panel gaps/alignment issues-img_0532.jpg   New to G37 - how to fix interior panel gaps/alignment issues-img_0528.jpg  

New to G37 - how to fix interior panel gaps/alignment issues-img_0527.jpg  
Old 07-17-2017, 07:43 PM
user 3587587
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Looks like that dash cracked and someone tried to fix it with bondo or something. You should just replace that one piece. The rest of the the dash seems like someone took it apart and put it back together all wrong.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:13 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
That's what I'm thinking as well. It might be worth spending a day taking the whole dash apart and making sure everything is aligned while putting it back together.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:59 PM
pymartin964

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang... that is pretty extensive. I too would replace the hood. The repair job isn't that great. BTW, the issues are because of heat affecting cheaper plastic panels. You try mechanically realigning panels or get new ones. Honestly, beside the gauge cluster hood, the others are not too bad. Good luck!

Search this Thread