Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Tire Rotation

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 09:08 PM
infinigi37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Rotation

Hi guys,

I have a 2011 G37x with BF Goodrich G-force Comp 2 tires on them, which I just bought ~7,500 miles ago, and had them rotated today. The shop moved the wheels from left to right and vice versa, without any rotation from front to back.

Do any of you have these tires (or similar directional ones) and can share how you are supposed to rotate them? Since I have the AWD G the wheels/tires are the same size right, and these tires are symmetrical so I figured they should be cris-crossed for better more even wear?

Did the shop do it incorrectly or am I wrong here?
Thanks!

*edit: I guess they could have taken the tires off the wheels now that I think of it, since the tires are still facing the correct direction. So there is no way to tell which way they did it... I originally mentioned all this because the back wheels are coated with brake dust and the front ones are clean (and they stayed that way after the rotation).

Last edited by infinigi37; 05-13-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:42 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
The left rear tire should be brought up to the left front, the right rear should be brought to the right front, and the original front tires should be swapped from left to right on the rear axles.
Here's a link you might find helpful, and yes your BFGs are assymetrical, meaning they will have an outside & (and usually inside) stamped on the sidewall and need to be mounted accordingly, and can be swapped on any of the four corners.
All-Wheel Drive - AWD Vehicle Tire Rotations, Tread