Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Joined the G Club! And It Feels Good!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 11:04 PM
nisslover

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Joined the G Club! And It Feels Good!

So last week I got this! And her name is Geenie! And shes a 6MT!

2013. Car is REALLY clean. 34k miles. Not one dint, and any scratches are minor. The condition alone makes me forget it's not my first color choice. I really didn't want another black car but I just can't seem to escape it! 3rd one in a row and ever since the first one I told myself I wouldn't get another! So hard to keep clean and swirl free. I wanted Blue Slate/Stone, but oh well! Hopefully this paint holds up better than on my Altima (smh at Nissan).

But she replaces my 2007 Altima 3.5SE 6MT (Eboni) that was totaled in November.

And here she is the day some drunk chick decided to t-bone me and totaled her.

Damage doesn't look that bad, but I imagine fixing that B-pillar would have cost some dough. But compared to the chicks car, she took it like G... pun intended! Lol. But yea, I was grateful for Nissan engineers, coulda had some broke ribs, but walked away with no pain at all. To give you an idea of the impact, both of our cars are facing perpendicular to the direction we were traveling before the impact in the first pic.

Anyway. I am enjoying the G and the extra 60hp and the MUCH smoother 6MT and ride quality and just the tautness of the car overall. I can see why all the hype! My Altima was loaded so not many features that are new to me in the G.

Last edited by nisslover; 08-03-2016 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:48 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice intro & looks like a great S sedan you scored, good job! I'll move this to the new folder to get you a proper welcome.

And your Altima brings back memories of our G when it was T-boned, but luckily it cleaned up well and is still performing without issues.

Enjoy that fine black G!
Brad
Old 08-04-2016, 12:52 AM
nisslover

Thanks, and preciate the move.

And yea, that looks eerily similar.

But looking at the hood and roof of the Altima reminds me just how bad it was fading. Eek. I gotta make sure that doesn't happen again. Think I may just leave it to a detailer to do a good buff, wax and seal once or twice a year and I just maintain it. Def gonna have to get back to reading detail threads.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:55 AM
nisslover

Also, I hated tan pinstripe on the Altima and here I am again with another one! Luckily it is gray, so it blends a little better. Still wonder if it can be removed...
Old 08-04-2016, 01:32 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 837 Likes on 716 Posts
What area of H-Town?
Old 08-04-2016, 02:31 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the gorgeous and clean G sedan! Amy future mod plans?
Old 08-04-2016, 03:08 PM
nisslover

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
What area of H-Town?
West side.

Originally Posted by kennyz424
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the gorgeous and clean G sedan! Amy future mod plans?
Thanks!

Mods... I'm still deciding. For sure some wheels. I really like the look of the coupe IPLs on the sedan. But I am debating if I want square out the wheel sizes or not in order to rotate. I'm not a fan of buying tires often. If I go square I'll probably go aftermarket. Some of the Forgestars have been catching my attention. But I am VERY particular when it comes to wheels so yea. If I stay staggered I'll most likely go with the IPLs.

The other sure mod is the Carsmo *****! Gotta have them! Lol. I may be ordering those today.

The maybes are a drop on Swifts, OEM front lip and midnight grille, Tanabe exhaust and if I get an exhaust the I feel I need to get an intake, which I haven't researched yet. As far as the drop... I am LOVING the ride quality compared to my Altima and I don't want to lose that. And Houston streets suck so... But I don't know.

My thing is I don't want my car to stand out too much with mods. I want a different look yet want people to think its stock and I think that's in the details and subtle enhancements.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Whitevanman
Registered Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Welcome buddy.......
Old 08-04-2016, 05:51 PM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by nisslover
West side.
Mods... I'm still deciding. For sure some wheels. I really like the look of the coupe IPLs on the sedan. But I am debating if I want square out the wheel sizes or not in order to rotate. I'm not a fan of buying tires often. If I go square I'll probably go aftermarket. Some of the Forgestars have been catching my attention. But I am VERY particular when it comes to wheels so yea. If I stay staggered I'll most likely go with the IPLs.
Another member is selling his staggered IPL wheels at a very reasonable price. It could look good if you blacked out the chrome door trim, which you should probably do anyways

https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...and-tires.html
Old 08-04-2016, 06:36 PM
nisslover

Yea, I have my eye on them. I need to see how bad the damage is on them. And I'm not ready to buy quite yet so I don't want to get his hopes up. But I will send him a PM soon.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:16 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by kickintheglass
It could look good if you blacked out the chrome door trim, which you should probably do anyways
Here's a couple DIYs that may be of interest for your black G
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...-g-sedans.html
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...ils-sedan.html
Old 08-05-2016, 02:47 AM
nisslover

You guys are not going to be any help in trying to STOP the modding bug! Lol. I was thinking about smoking the lights. Don't know about the trim tho.