Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

08 G37S Coupe Help Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 02:48 PM
andreas27s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 G37S Coupe Help Information

Hey Everyone,

I am new to this forum, but not new to others as I have been a longtime member on MR2OC for MR2s and Kawiforums for my Kawasaki ZX6R. I have read through a ton of threads already, but decided to make a post for a little bit of help, since I wanted to have all of the information I need in one place to be able to reference quickly.

The car is a 2008 G37S, but not sure if it is the Premium Package as well. The car is my girlfriend's so this is the first time that I am working on it and will be doing a ton of things (oil change, automatic transmission fluid change, differential oil change, headlight restoration, plasti dip emblems and grill, COP replacement, spark plugs, air filters, cabin filter, brake bleeding, and wrapping steering surround plastic and metal door pieces). So first I would like to thank everyone for the DIY and everything else I found on these topics.

The thing I need help with is the recalls or free service items that were needed for the car. I read something about the transmission ecu flash and some other things but would like a list of things that I can get done at the dealer. She had an extended warranty up until a couple months ago but never took it in for anything due to not know anything about cars other than driving it. I wanted to make sure the car is in perfect working order as it needs some slight TLC and she is deciding on whether to trade it in or keep it.

If you could generate a list of service recalls or maintenance that is free due to the manufacturer I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:33 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by andreas27s
Hey Everyone,

I am new to this forum, but not new to others as I have been a longtime member on MR2OC for MR2s and Kawiforums for my Kawasaki ZX6R. I have read through a ton of threads already, but decided to make a post for a little bit of help, since I wanted to have all of the information I need in one place to be able to reference quickly.

The car is a 2008 G37S, but not sure if it is the Premium Package as well. The car is my girlfriend's so this is the first time that I am working on it and will be doing a ton of things (oil change, automatic transmission fluid change, differential oil change, headlight restoration, plasti dip emblems and grill, COP replacement, spark plugs, air filters, cabin filter, brake bleeding, and wrapping steering surround plastic and metal door pieces). So first I would like to thank everyone for the DIY and everything else I found on these topics.

The thing I need help with is the recalls or free service items that were needed for the car. I read something about the transmission ecu flash and some other things but would like a list of things that I can get done at the dealer. She had an extended warranty up until a couple months ago but never took it in for anything due to not know anything about cars other than driving it. I wanted to make sure the car is in perfect working order as it needs some slight TLC and she is deciding on whether to trade it in or keep it.

If you could generate a list of service recalls or maintenance that is free due to the manufacturer I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you.
Welcome to the site Andreas, glad you found us.
Other than manufacturer recalls there's nothing the dealer is obligated to fix for free once the warranty period has expired. The TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) are procedures the dealer follows to correct various problems, sometimes a dealer will perform them as a goodwill, especially if you have a service record w/ that dealer. Obviously your results can vary greatly between dealers as far as what they will or won't goodwill.
Here's a folder on current TSBs
TSB - Technical Bulletins - MyG37
Old 01-13-2016, 12:39 AM
andreas27s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you blnewt! I am happy to be apart of this community as from what I have read so far it seems everyone is extremely helpful in the threads.
Will I find all of the recalls within the TSBs? Or are they the same thing? I only have reference with my motorcycle having one recall and that was widely known and only had to drop by the dealership to leave it and pick it up an hour later. I have an 92 MR2 Turbo and recalls were long gone 18 years later when I got it.
I will ask her if there is a dealer that she has gone to but I doubt it because she just drives the car and doesn't worry about anything except oil changes. I was looking into OCInfiniti who I saw on this forum that looks like he deals with quite a few people.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:58 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by andreas27s
Thank you blnewt! I am happy to be apart of this community as from what I have read so far it seems everyone is extremely helpful in the threads.
Will I find all of the recalls within the TSBs? Or are they the same thing? I only have reference with my motorcycle having one recall and that was widely known and only had to drop by the dealership to leave it and pick it up an hour later. I have an 92 MR2 Turbo and recalls were long gone 18 years later when I got it.
I will ask her if there is a dealer that she has gone to but I doubt it because she just drives the car and doesn't worry about anything except oil changes. I was looking into OCInfiniti who I saw on this forum that looks like he deals with quite a few people.
Never hurts to just ask when you get to the dealer, might even schedule just a basic oil change to get in the door.
I have an 09 Sedan and haven't had any recall notices sent to me or am I aware of any, our previous 07 G35 didn't have any either as far as I know. There were a couple TSBs that we had done (transmission reflash on the 09 and sunroof seal on the 07) but this was within the warranty period.