Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Hi! 2011 g37x New here

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 12:12 PM
Sobbie84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi! 2011 g37x New here

Hi, I am new on here and I bought my g37x about 7 months ago and I love it. I have a vision of how I want to get the car looking, but need some help, so a friend suggested that I check this site out. My plan is to put 20s and drop It on some comfortable coilovers, change the front bumper for now.... Any more ideas feel free thank you very much guys.

Questions:
1.coilovers-which ones are the best meaning smooth ride and not pricey?

2.rims- 20s: what would you consider I go with the offsets front n back?

3.Headlights: I seen in YouTube g37x headlight with color changing. Guy called me and said he will charge me$700.. Anyone have connections?

4.intake. Which one would u suggest?
Old 02-09-2015, 02:39 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Sobbie84
Hi, I am new on here and I bought my g37x about 7 months ago and I love it. I have a vision of how I want to get the car looking, but need some help, so a friend suggested that I check this site out. My plan is to put 20s and drop It on some comfortable coilovers, change the front bumper for now.... Any more ideas feel free thank you very much guys.

Questions:
1.coilovers-which ones are the best meaning smooth ride and not pricey?

2.rims- 20s: what would you consider I go with the offsets front n back?

3.Headlights: I seen in YouTube g37x headlight with color changing. Guy called me and said he will charge me$700.. Anyone have connections?

4.intake. Which one would u suggest?
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new X.
As far as your questions, check the sub folders for each item for more details, here's a brief rundown

Coilovers are limited for the X, Fortune 500 seems to be the best choice right now, check the Suspension folder for more info on them.

Rims, first pick a wheel/style you like tehn go from there, dpending on what width wheels you get and what tire sizes you want to run will determine proper offsets.

Headlights, there's a DIY in the DIY folder, as far as changing colors, not my thing so can't comment

Intake, Short Rams provide the sound, but true Cold Air Intakes will give you a bit of gain (in the 15 hp give or take range), the Cold Airs may require some cutting behind the radiator to fit but YMMV.

Enjoy the drive!
Old 02-09-2015, 02:54 PM
G37xhibeet

Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts
^ what he said.
As far as intakes, I just installed the Takeda CAI on my coupe and I can't say it's something I would do again. It might just be me (I type for a living) but there's far less room under there than the DIYs make it seem. But in the end I got it done and DIY always feels great.