Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Highly possible buyer here

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 05:15 PM
shaggypeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Highly possible buyer here

Hello all !

I am in the market for a used G37 coupe. I have looked at many G37S's and test driven some and I absolutely love the car. I am 6'3'' and ~250lbs. I find the seats a little tight. Although it was only a test drive and I was in it for about an hour only. Coming from a gas guzzler SUV, it felt a little grippy. May be it was just different. Does it help that the seats grab that much ? Mine has to be a manual trans because my left leg gets mad at me for not doing anything while driving.

I have found a white 09 model with 47k miles with 21k asking price. Do you think it is a fair deal entertaining the idea that there is nothing wrong with the car ? Dealer has agreed with me on taking the car to an Infiniti dealer and getting it inspected by a certified technician.

On another note, I have seen that a lot of the used ones have lots of curb rash on rims. Why is that a common thing ? Also the plastic area that surrounds the buttons on the steering wheel are peeled ( discolored ) on most of them. Why ? and can I replace that ?

Thanks
Old 02-12-2015, 07:58 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site, glad you found us
The price seems OK, depends on local market and the true condition of the car, miles are good and the S pkg isn't always easy to find.

Curb rash is common, trying to park as far away from another car and having the curb next to you for protection and getting too close. It does seem like an epidemic

Unfortunately the seats in the sport pkg are tight, but well supported, and the rest of the parts w/ the S pkg makes it a solid choice (and it's the ONLY choice for the 6MT).

The steering trim on earlier models is prone to peeling so there are replacements available along w/ DIY threads on the process.

G/L w/ your search and keep us posted on what happens.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:18 PM
OhGwhiz

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you do pick up an S model and aren't comfortable in the seats I'm sure you would have no problem trading with someone who had non-S model seats. The seats in the S would be considered a nice upgrade for some without them. Good luck and hope you find a keeper.