Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

I Have $_____ , what can I do? (Performance)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Whoa man great stuff! This is the first thread I read and I gotta say it was what convinced me to become a member. Soon as the 1st comes I'll be a lifetime member. So thanks for the thread and thanks for that.

Redfire32
Hello all. Newbie here. Names Red. Gotta dream car last month and I'm loving it! Found this site while lookin for advice on how to make it as mean as it can be. Next step is either gonna be the cat back exhaust or the long tube headers. Anybody wanna weigh in?
Btw I read the awesome post about the performance suggestions within certain price ranges. I fall into the $4-$6K category. However, I have to break the expenses up between $1,000-$1600 per month or two so I don't lose my wife (you married guys prolly know what I'm sayin right?)
Old 06-21-2014, 02:25 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Redfire32
Whoa man great stuff! This is the first thread I read and I gotta say it was what convinced me to become a member. Soon as the 1st comes I'll be a lifetime member. So thanks for the thread and thanks for that.

Redfire32
Hello all. Newbie here. Names Red. Gotta dream car last month and I'm loving it! Found this site while lookin for advice on how to make it as mean as it can be. Next step is either gonna be the cat back exhaust or the long tube headers. Anybody wanna weigh in?
Btw I read the awesome post about the performance suggestions within certain price ranges. I fall into the $4-$6K category. However, I have to break the expenses up between $1,000-$1600 per month or two so I don't lose my wife (you married guys prolly know what I'm sayin right?)
Welcome to the site Red, nice intro & glad you found us. Sounds like a decent budget and a good plan to keep the wife happy (good luck w/ that BTW )
Have fun & when you get things lined up take plenty of pics so you can post a build thread.
Cheers!
Brad
Old 06-24-2014, 01:30 AM
Superman_G37S
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice read. Way to break it all down, those of us who are wife free, have already won half the battle lol
Old 06-24-2014, 01:45 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Can't believe I missed this thread! Great one sir!
Old 06-24-2014, 06:38 AM
Blakery14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awsome post dude..im getting ready to do some fairly serious modding to my IPL and needed some sort 'point' in the right direction. Any of you guys heard about the GTHaus Meisterschaft exaust system? I already have the stillen GEN 3 CAI and some eibach springs but thats it so far. But the GTHaus exaust system really grabbed my attention.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Ok so Ive decided to go with the long tube headers from fast intentions, upper intake manifold (undecided on brand yet), and a full exhaust system (I'm liking the Borla but for some reason I'm drawn to Stillen). Also plan to get the pulley, sway bars, GTSPEC bar, stainless gas lines...ext just small stuff. I've already gotten the CAI.

So here's my question...which project/purchase orders would make the most sense and give the best bang for the buck. As I mentioned earlier I'm married, therefore I can't go dropping 4 grand on parts all at once. Anybody wanna help a newbie out? Thx
Old 07-23-2014, 05:42 PM
FelipeRueda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Excellent stuff for new people like me. Thank you for the guidance!!! Checking now my next move...
Old 08-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Jack10525
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ConvertibleLE
I think I'm in the middle of your target audience here. This was useful.
I'm curious about one item:

"Grounding Kit ($40)
A grounding kit will help automatic transmission guys more than it will the manual guys. On the 7AT, it will clean up your shift times, it DRASTICALLY reduces the delay when shifting with the paddles, and increases your audio performance to boot. On the 6mt, you're the one in control of your shifting, but you still get the benefit of peace of mind and a better stereo experience. "

Could you give me some more details on this? Is the grounding / ground noise really that terrible in these cars? I had grounding problems with audio in my BMW, but I'm not hearing anything that sounds like grounding problems in this car.

Thanks again for collecting this all in one place.
Doesn't help at all. You can make your own for about 25 bucks if you want to see for yourself.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Bearwiththezoo
Registered Member

Tt

What's up, my fellow G owners?

Awesomely insightful thread here, and much appreciation goes out to the writer. You definitely set up a pocket bible for newbie G enthusiasts like myself. Just a little introduction, my name is Jose, and I'm based in Miami. I purchased a base model 09 G37 coupe with automatic 7 speed transmission roughly 10 months ago in blue slate. I've been lurking on this site here and there for about 2 weeks and this is one of the most informative threads I've found.

So I'm strongly inclined towards trading in my G sooner than later for a G37s because I've always wanted a manual transmission car, but couldn't pass up on the deal I got my base model for. I have intentions to turn the G37s into a track car (twin turbo) while still daily driving it, as contradictory as it might sound.

I just wanted to get some opinions on these ideas and I was also curious what the breakdown might look like for a TT set up vs the supercharger set up. I'm biased towards TT, but I'd also consider a supercharger if it'd be a more feasible option for my scenario. Performance budget would be a very gradual 15k. I'd break that down within the span of a year and a half. I appreciate you guys' time and your opinion, thanks.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Ali G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks man! This is awesome.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:20 PM
G37specD

Great thread...thank you
Old 05-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Tavejm

You should look into a stillen full exhaust. They sound amazing and will add a bit of power
Old 08-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Rogue_G

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice thread man! I am not sure if you are updating this thread, but most if it still seems to hold true. In terms of "max power", do you think someone should still invest in HFC's/Test Pipes if they have a full exhaust system (Motordyne E370)?
Old 10-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Unless your willing to drop 10k on a turbo performance mods are worthless on these cars. Now I love to work on my cars. I like to add intakes and exhausts. I like the way they look and sound even though they don't really add much in performance. Also parts for the G37 are so over priced.

If I was looking for power mods I'd look for a different car.
The following users liked this post:
G37Sam (10-22-2015)
Old 10-25-2015, 11:45 PM
harryg37

My g37

Hey guys, I'm new here. I'm 18 years old and I just bought my first car, I went with a 2013 g37 sedan. Its got about 30k miles and I want to do some stuff to it, but I am a car newbie and need some guidance. Anyone out there want to help your boy?

Quick Reply: I Have $_____ , what can I do? (Performance)