Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Finally Got My G37!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 10:31 PM
Jack10525
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Finally Got My G37!!!

I finally found a 2010 G37S that I liked enough to buy. The only option I am missing is nav but I have an Iphone. It is CPO in immaculate shape with a 6 year 100k warranty. The dealer I went to was by far one of the best I have ever been to (I really hate dealers). They were very professional and did not pressure the buying experience. So hopefully the car does not blow up in the next few weeks. Even if it does I have a warranty so who cares. So what mods are required right of the bat?
Old 01-18-2014, 11:47 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Hey Jack, congrats on your new G
I would say mod the G to your likes, how about starting with a mild drop

happy modding.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:16 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site Jack, nice to hear you had a good experience w/ the dealer, always a nice way to start!
As far as mods, exhaust is a good place to start and if you don't like the wheel design then wheels, then you'll probably have to lower it if you get larger wheels. You"ll then want a bit more sound so an intake. You'll then start looking through pics on the site and realize your headlights look kinda' plain, then you"ll notice the OEM lens are crap and want to change those too. Oh and the chrome strip on the trunk looks better w/ a OEM spoiler covering it up, then you'll have to put a chin spoiler up front to match the sportier look of the rear.
You get the idea, just be sure to have a platinum card w/ no balance prior to joining this site
Old 01-19-2014, 10:18 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
+1^^^ It never ends. Welcome to the club, OP.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:05 AM
Jack10525
Banned

Here she is....

I got the S specifically because I like the looks of the 19" rims. It also came with most of the upgrades I wanted. I just wondered if there was any mod that most thought was necessary right off the bat. Intake and exhaust will probably come in the future. Not sure about a drop. I'm getting too old.
Attached Thumbnails Finally Got My G37!!!-img_2608.jpg   Finally Got My G37!!!-img_2609.jpg  
Old 01-19-2014, 11:09 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by Jack10525
Here she is....

I got the S specifically because I like the looks of the 19" rims. It also came with most of the upgrades I wanted. I just wondered if there was any mod that most thought was necessary right off the bat. Intake and exhaust will probably come in the future. Not sure about a drop. I'm getting too old.
They have great service at Lauderdale Infiniti, don't they? I can tell by your pics that is where you went shopping. It's where I bought my sedan as well.

A tasteful drop does wonders to these gems. Age doesn't matter since it will only be an inch to inch and a half lower.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:33 PM
SlowMotionTx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here she is....

Seems like infiniti was thinking there G customers where going rock climbing making stock ride so high. I say eibach springs brings it as low as stock should have been IMO.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:40 PM
SlowMotionTx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blnewt
Welcome to the site Jack, nice to hear you had a good experience w/ the dealer, always a nice way to start!
As far as mods, exhaust is a good place to start and if you don't like the wheel design then wheels, then you'll probably have to lower it if you get larger wheels. You"ll then want a bit more sound so an intake. You'll then start looking through pics on the site and realize your headlights look kinda' plain, then you"ll notice the OEM lens are crap and want to change those too. Oh and the chrome strip on the trunk looks better w/ a OEM spoiler covering it up, then you'll have to put a chin spoiler up front to match the sportier look of the rear.
You get the idea, just be sure to have a platinum card w/ no balance prior to joining this site
I had the dealership remove my OEM spoiler .i didn't like it over the lip. Crazy how some people might not like something on there car but the other person does, but when u see the G as a whole it always looks good no matter what the owner decides to do to it ....unless it's riced out...
Old 01-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Jack10525
Banned

Originally Posted by warped ideas
They have great service at Lauderdale Infiniti, don't they? I can tell by your pics that is where you went shopping. It's where I bought my sedan as well.

A tasteful drop does wonders to these gems. Age doesn't matter since it will only be an inch to inch and a half lower.
Man good eye!!!

Yep that was Lauderdale Infinity. They do seem to have pretty good service.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Paratrooper

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Here she is....

Looking for some "not so break the bank" first mods, you could try replacing all interior lighting and tag lights with super white LED's. Also, throw in some different HID bulbs or fog bulbs if you like.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Jack10525
Banned

Originally Posted by Paratrooper
Looking for some "not so break the bank" first mods, you could try replacing all interior lighting and tag lights with super white LED's. Also, throw in some different HID bulbs or fog bulbs if you like.
Thanks man. That sound good. I just got it tinted. I didn't want it too dark so I went with 28%. Legal limit in FLA.
Attached Thumbnails Finally Got My G37!!!-dsc00383.jpg   Finally Got My G37!!!-dsc00384.jpg   Finally Got My G37!!!-dsc00386.jpg  
Old 01-26-2014, 04:28 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Thanks man. That sound good. I just got it tinted. I didn't want it too dark so I went with 28%. Legal limit in FLA.
Where are you hailing from? I've not met one person pulled over for dark tints down here. I went with 3M 18% UV blocking film. It has a slightly brownish green tinge to it that really looks nice on Graphit Shadow paint. Nice coupe BTW.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:15 PM
FriedLumpia

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice car! I always tint .. at least to me cars look so much better with a tint all the way around.

Color me jealous, I'm still in the waiting game for my G but congrats!