Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New to the forum from NJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Z&I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 07 Ivory Pearl
Rt22 is a pain. It's actually where I totaled my car near the Hibachi place in Mountainside right past Springfield in one of those three middle lane U-Turns. That dealership you speak of was always there but Rays went Bell-up and they purchased the lot to expand. My dad knows the owner of that dealership so if you or anybody needs a Nissan from there give me a shout. They would get taken care of really well. I would have bought another Nissan but I needed another Manual Sedan and needs to be in the Nissan family. I have strong roots with Nissan. Few Maxima as well prior to the Altima.

LOL Oh the plans have begun. I still have dealer tags on and I have ordered Ivory Pear key delete for driver side and Sport Lip (wrong white on the lip for now) from the dealership I will rock it until skirts and rear corners come in and get chosen still deciding on skirts, picked up Stance GR+ coilovers which are sitting in the trunk until Spring. I am going to use them for a bag over coilover setup. Air ride with coilover shocks so I can lower the bags to get the car at it's lowest point when fully aired out. I got half the setup because that was the next thing on the Altima. I will reuse the black rims with polished lip until I purchase another set of rims. Bunch of other odds and ends coming as well.
Yep ... hate those U turns ... you just have to crick your neck way too far to get even just a glimpse of on coming traffic ...
Then when you make your move there just seems that another car magically appears in front of you.
It's a recipe for disaster.

I've been cutting through the bigger businesses with the larger parking areas to make that U turn onto 22 East.
This way you get a 90 degree view of Eastbound traffic - it is much easier to see what's coming up on you... and accelerate safely.

I see that your propensity for Design is alrady kicking in : Looking forward to seeing the 'finished' project !

I went with the G37x 7AT for the convenience of the Parkway commute.
Otherwise it would have been MT all the way.
One of the guys I buddied up with at Broadway Performance was having his G37S coupe supercharged the same time I was having my Z done.

Awesome upgrade in streetable power.

But working now only on the cosmetics of the G

It's great having that artistic slant isn't it ?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:18 PM
07 Ivory Pearl

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by DaCePtak0n
I go there all the time! Love the food there. Hit me up next time you're out in the area...
It's the just the best! No prob!

Originally Posted by Steveoh187
Welcome to the boards, another member in the Union, NJ area here. How is NBD? I wanted to stop in for a trial membership but never got through the process of calling up to schedule a visit and now I get promotional emails every month for the past year haha.
Thanks! NBD is different and moving to a new direction then most Healthclubs. Were really big into functional training and group training. Def need to check it out. My cousin is actually the owner lol so if you want family friend pricing let me know just PM and I'll set you up with the General Manager. Also this month we are having a 3 month contest and giving the first place winner $2500 at the end of the contest during a huge party that were gonna throw for the members. I'm sure you've got the mailer or will be getting it soon. One of my favorite designs yet that I just created.

Originally Posted by Z&I
Yep ... hate those U turns ... you just have to crick your neck way too far to get even just a glimpse of on coming traffic ...
Then when you make your move there just seems that another car magically appears in front of you.
It's a recipe for disaster.

I've been cutting through the bigger businesses with the larger parking areas to make that U turn onto 22 East.
This way you get a 90 degree view of Eastbound traffic - it is much easier to see what's coming up on you... and accelerate safely.

I see that your propensity for Design is alrady kicking in : Looking forward to seeing the 'finished' project !

I went with the G37x 7AT for the convenience of the Parkway commute.
Otherwise it would have been MT all the way.
One of the guys I buddied up with at Broadway Performance was having his G37S coupe supercharged the same time I was having my Z done.

Awesome upgrade in streetable power.

But working now only on the cosmetics of the G

It's great having that artistic slant isn't it ?
My goal is to Supercharge Gia after the looks are done. I love turbos and owned a turbo car in the past but have not owned a supercharged vehicle and would love to.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:31 PM
eskalaid

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
superchared nice chris
Old 04-01-2018, 12:03 AM
R35sedan
R35SEDAN #4

Location: In NJ, Hunterdon County Equally far from NYC and Philadelphia
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Z&I
I'm still getting used to the area - it's only been a few months since the company move.
Rt. 22 can be a challenge!
A lot of traffic and a lot of local police presence ... not to mention the seemingly endless line of car dealerships all lined up in a row!

I was surprised to find that Ray's Sport Spot is now another Nissan dealership.

So you have a background in Design ? That can certainly come in handy.

I see that you've named you car Gia.
I have an 8 year old Silkie Terrier named Gia.

Haven't settled on a 'handle' for the G37 yet - and am in the process finalizing ideas for the first round of mods.
Drove in to Brooklyn and met with the 180 Custom guys and was impressed - the G37 is scheduled to go in this Wednesday.

Almost all of my cars have had names ... here are some from the past

'Henry Krinklebutt' was a '76 Honda Civic that I paid $68 for.
It was an insurance write off (the right rear fender had the Krinkle in it)
It was a spunky little car to drive...still can't figure out why they wrote it off.

Lazarus was a big Charcoal Gray '72 Eldorado ... 3 days after I bought it the heater core split and flooded the interior ... within the next 3 days the resulting smell became almost unbearable ... just like the biblical Lazarus.

They all had 'personality'

Sorry to hear of your Altima - never a fun thing to go thru

Bob
I am not to far from you guys either. Definitely farther than either of you are from each other but I am down 202 by Flemington. Got a truckload of parts on order and expect it to be in the garage by late fall. She's my 5th g sedan. Not my fault. Other people kept hitting me. I waited 3 years before even considering getting any upgrades but since then they have been coming non stop. Going to carbon fiber the center of the car, ( front bumper lip will be CF as will the gialla grill rear trunks going to have a wing and also be c.f. haven't found a diffuser I like so I may just build it myself. The rest is being refurbished along with the weather stripping I am having a epoxy based hard coat sprayed in obsidian black. New headlights and I already have new taillights on her. Exhaust and engine mods begging to be put on too. Gotta figure out my suspension system. Leaning towards d2 airstruts, it's a permanent attached part, the bumper is made by autokitsx. Called a ts-t
Old 04-01-2018, 12:05 AM
R35sedan
R35SEDAN #4

Location: In NJ, Hunterdon County Equally far from NYC and Philadelphia
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by R35sedan
I am not to far from you guys either. Definitely farther than either of you are from each other but I am down 202 by Flemington. Got a truckload of parts on order and expect it to be in the garage by late fall. She's my 5th g sedan. Not my fault. Other people kept hitting me. I waited 3 years before even considering getting any upgrades but since then they have been coming non stop. Going to carbon fiber the center of the car, ( front bumper lip will be CF as will the gialla grill rear trunks going to have a wing and also be c.f. haven't found a diffuser I like so I may just build it myself. The rest is being refurbished along with the weather stripping I am having a epoxy based hard coat sprayed in obsidian black. New headlights and I already have new taillights on her. Exhaust and engine mods begging to be put on too. Gotta figure out my suspension system. Leaning towards d2 airstruts, it's a permanent attached part, the bumper is made by autokitsx. Called a ts-t
You are farther north than I thought but I know those places. I heard Ray's would be closing I didn't know they had though.