MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Newbie Corner (https://www.myg37.com/forums/newbie-corner-337/)
-   -   New to the forum from NJ (https://www.myg37.com/forums/newbie-corner/244654-new-to-the-forum-from-nj.html)

07 Ivory Pearl 02-26-2013 10:11 AM

New to the forum from NJ

4 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone. I just recently picked up this wonderful 07 G35 Sport with 6spd in Ivory Pearl and Black Interior. It's well equipped with Navi, Bose, bluetooth etc but no Back up Cam.
Attachment 156793

I have already named her Gia. She has 50K and I am listed as 3rd owner. It doesn't seem to be beaten on or anything. Trans feels smooth and tight. Interior door handles are a little scuffed up but I am having them replaced through the dealership.

My previous car (Allison) was an 07 Altima 3.5SE Sports Package Winter Frost with Black Interior. Was a sweet ride and I loved every minute with that car. Won Nissan of the Month in December 09 then Nissan of the Year in 2010 on Nissanclub.com. Unfortunately I totaled her on my way home from work 2 weeks ago.

Attachment 156794
Attachment 156795

Attachment 156796

JohnsVert 02-26-2013 03:35 PM

Welcome and congrats about the new ride, sorry to hear about your Altima. It looked like a nice looking ride .

Nothin2Somethin 02-26-2013 08:31 PM

Veryy nice and welcome... Love the sport wheels on those 07's

Yan141 02-26-2013 09:50 PM

Welcome and sorry about that Altima.

DaCePtak0n 02-27-2013 10:14 AM

Congrats! Where in NJ bud?

07 Ivory Pearl 02-27-2013 10:57 PM

South Plainfield and work in Springfield. I see your in Princeton. Was just there this past weekend at Tortugas!

Z&I 02-27-2013 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by 07 Ivory Pearl (Post 3594211)
South Plainfield and work in Springfield. I see your in Princeton. Was just there this past weekend at Tortugas!

Newbie Bob here ... I'm from Teaneck and our company just moved to Union...
Bought an '09 G37x as a 2nd car from Springfield Nissan just to deal with the Parkway commute.
My 'other' car is a mega HP 6MT 370Z - not particularly suited for the stop and crawl traffic on the GSPkwy.

Found that I really liked the G37 and am now personalizing it - as any car lover is driven to do.

This forum has been a wealthy resource of information.

So if you see me on the roads ... a friendly wave is in order !!!

Awaiting my Personalized Plates : Might take a few more weeks tho'

I'll be driving my Blue Slate/Dark Gray G37x Coupe "FINITE"

And on occasion, I'll be driving the slightly loud 2 tone Gray 'Z' "ALPHA Z"

Drive safe

Bob

07 Ivory Pearl 03-02-2013 12:06 PM

Hey Bob my work place is 2 mins down further past Springfield Nissan still on rt22 where the Outback Steak House is I work at the fitness center NBD Fitness. I do all there marketing and design work.

bkmax96 03-02-2013 07:09 PM

welcome to the forums bro.. time to start spending money now..lol

Z&I 03-02-2013 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by 07 Ivory Pearl (Post 3595277)
Hey Bob my work place is 2 mins down further past Springfield Nissan still on rt22 where the Outback Steak House is I work at the fitness center NBD Fitness. I do all there marketing and design work.

I'm still getting used to the area - it's only been a few months since the company move.
Rt. 22 can be a challenge!
A lot of traffic and a lot of local police presence ... not to mention the seemingly endless line of car dealerships all lined up in a row!

I was surprised to find that Ray's Sport Spot is now another Nissan dealership.

So you have a background in Design ? That can certainly come in handy.

I see that you've named you car Gia.
I have an 8 year old Silkie Terrier named Gia.

Haven't settled on a 'handle' for the G37 yet - and am in the process finalizing ideas for the first round of mods.
Drove in to Brooklyn and met with the 180 Custom guys and was impressed - the G37 is scheduled to go in this Wednesday.

Almost all of my cars have had names ... here are some from the past

'Henry Krinklebutt' was a '76 Honda Civic that I paid $68 for.
It was an insurance write off (the right rear fender had the Krinkle in it)
It was a spunky little car to drive...still can't figure out why they wrote it off.

Lazarus was a big Charcoal Gray '72 Eldorado ... 3 days after I bought it the heater core split and flooded the interior ... within the next 3 days the resulting smell became almost unbearable ... just like the biblical Lazarus.

They all had 'personality'

Sorry to hear of your Altima - never a fun thing to go thru

Bob

bluedevils95 03-03-2013 12:59 AM

Welcome to the G community! You got a nice car their and only 50k on the odometer. Better then mine and mine is an 08. Any plans for Gia?

07 Ivory Pearl 03-04-2013 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Z&I (Post 3595402)
I'm still getting used to the area - it's only been a few months since the company move.
Rt. 22 can be a challenge!
A lot of traffic and a lot of local police presence ... not to mention the seemingly endless line of car dealerships all lined up in a row!

I was surprised to find that Ray's Sport Spot is now another Nissan dealership.

So you have a background in Design ? That can certainly come in handy.

I see that you've named you car Gia.
I have an 8 year old Silkie Terrier named Gia.

Haven't settled on a 'handle' for the G37 yet - and am in the process finalizing ideas for the first round of mods.
Drove in to Brooklyn and met with the 180 Custom guys and was impressed - the G37 is scheduled to go in this Wednesday.

Almost all of my cars have had names ... here are some from the past

'Henry Krinklebutt' was a '76 Honda Civic that I paid $68 for.
It was an insurance write off (the right rear fender had the Krinkle in it)
It was a spunky little car to drive...still can't figure out why they wrote it off.

Lazarus was a big Charcoal Gray '72 Eldorado ... 3 days after I bought it the heater core split and flooded the interior ... within the next 3 days the resulting smell became almost unbearable ... just like the biblical Lazarus.

They all had 'personality'

Sorry to hear of your Altima - never a fun thing to go thru

Bob

Rt22 is a pain. It's actually where I totaled my car near the Hibachi place in Mountainside right past Springfield in one of those three middle lane U-Turns. That dealership you speak of was always there but Rays went Bell-up and they purchased the lot to expand. My dad knows the owner of that dealership so if you or anybody needs a Nissan from there give me a shout. They would get taken care of really well. I would have bought another Nissan but I needed another Manual Sedan and needs to be in the Nissan family. I have strong roots with Nissan. Few Maxima as well prior to the Altima.

Originally Posted by bkmax96 (Post 3595383)
welcome to the forums bro.. time to start spending money now..lol

Originally Posted by bluedevils95 (Post 3595493)
Welcome to the G community! You got a nice car their and only 50k on the odometer. Better then mine and mine is an 08. Any plans for Gia?

LOL Oh the plans have begun. I still have dealer tags on and I have ordered Ivory Pear key delete for driver side and Sport Lip (wrong white on the lip for now) from the dealership I will rock it until skirts and rear corners come in and get chosen still deciding on skirts, picked up Stance GR+ coilovers which are sitting in the trunk until Spring. I am going to use them for a bag over coilover setup. Air ride with coilover shocks so I can lower the bags to get the car at it's lowest point when fully aired out. I got half the setup because that was the next thing on the Altima. I will reuse the black rims with polished lip until I purchase another set of rims. Bunch of other odds and ends coming as well.

DaCePtak0n 03-04-2013 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by 07 Ivory Pearl (Post 3594211)

I go there all the time! Love the food there. Hit me up next time you're out in the area...

bluedevils95 03-04-2013 05:20 PM

Wow! Cant wait to see the changes!

Steveoh187 03-04-2013 06:15 PM

Welcome to the boards, another member in the Union, NJ area here. How is NBD? I wanted to stop in for a trial membership but never got through the process of calling up to schedule a visit and now I get promotional emails every month for the past year haha.