Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Warranty Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Jhajj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty Questions

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section or in the wrong section of the forums as this is my first post. However I have a few questions regarding my extended warranty. I recently was having some fun with a few friends and looked down to my odometer and saw that I either hit red line, or I was really close. I was wondering if this was considered abuse and if this would void my warranty. Is there any rev limiter implemented in our car? If so, at what RPM is it limited to. Can Infiniti check if it was red lined or not? I'm sorry if this is a rookie questions, I'm only 16 and this is my first car.

Thanks,
Jhajj
Old 12-28-2012, 09:11 PM
NJ Torque
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
There is a limiter on the car. And no, no way to see if its been redlined.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Jhajj

Hey NJ Torque,

Thanks for the prompt reply, do you know what the rev limiter is set to? Also, would things like changing my interior and exterior lights to LED's effect the warranty?

Once again thanks,
Jhajj
Old 12-29-2012, 12:33 AM
airman20012001

Not sure about the warranty I bought a extended one when I bought the car I think they said it was 3 year 50000 mile. 16 and a G thats cool man but stay safe you dont want to be out there and kill someone or self.

Last edited by airman20012001; 12-29-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Iplcarbon

I agree with Airman....G's got a lot of power and to hurt yourself or someone else Redlining your G all the time that will damage your motor high rev'n it. They can see the heat fractures, pistons, Mechanics are not stupid. But two Goofing off in a 40+k car....not a good way to treat a work of art...

As for the LED change over 194 Led bulbs buy 8 to have back ups and did mine already and looks sweet if you like that bright look...

Best of luck....Slow it down...your 16...!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Jhajj

Thanks Iplcarbon and Airman, I don't do this often just did it once to have some fun and didn't realize I might have been having to much fun. This would be my only time that I have redlined the car and don't intend to do it in the near future, I love my car and would hate to see it go because of my stupidity. We were in an open area, I always consider safety first. Do things like heat fractures happen even after doing it once? Or does it take a few times. And I ordered some LED's from DiodeDynamics they should be coming in the mail soon.

Thanks,
Jhajj
Old 12-30-2012, 12:53 AM
ko3r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jhajj
Thanks Iplcarbon and Airman, I don't do this often just did it once to have some fun and didn't realize I might have been having to much fun. This would be my only time that I have redlined the car and don't intend to do it in the near future, I love my car and would hate to see it go because of my stupidity. We were in an open area, I always consider safety first. Do things like heat fractures happen even after doing it once? Or does it take a few times. And I ordered some LED's from DiodeDynamics they should be coming in the mail soon.

Thanks,
Jhajj

It's your first car and you are getting really paranoid! I understand haha! Your car is fine buddy, just don't do it a lot.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:00 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Just don't make it a daily habit to drive only in 1st gear (which gets you to ~37 or 38 mph.. plenty for city driving). As a 16 yr old, just be careful and don't wrap the car around a pole or tree.

The car has a rev limiter for a reason. About the only time I go over 4/4500 is when passing on a country road. Too many lights in suburbia to go fast quickly.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:09 AM
Jhajj

Originally Posted by ko3r
It's your first car and you are getting really paranoid! I understand haha! Your car is fine buddy, just don't do it a lot.
Originally Posted by Jsolo
I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Just don't make it a daily habit to drive only in 1st gear (which gets you to ~37 or 38 mph.. plenty for city driving). As a 16 yr old, just be careful and don't wrap the car around a pole or tree.

The car has a rev limiter for a reason. About the only time I go over 4/4500 is when passing on a country road. Too many lights in suburbia to go fast quickly.
Thanks for confirming guys, was really bothering me for the past few days, I definitely will not be doing this again. Really appreciate the help.

Once again thanks,
Jhajj