Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

First Time Infiniti Driver

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 03:27 PM
JaySin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jvoss677
Nice Ride. How do you like the Tint, I have a 2013 Sedan and was looking at doing the same 5% rear, 35% front.
Thanks!

The tint is perfect in my opinion. I've been using that combo on my last 4 cars and I haven't once been pulled over for it. It's basically limo in the rear...can't see in at all at night, but just ever so slightly during the day...no detail...just basic outlines. The fronts are difficult to see in at night, but reasonable during the day.
Seeing out from the inside there's no issues at all. I stick with the 3M ColorStable tint. It's worth the extra money with no fear of turning purple...EVER. It also keeps out the UV rays...helps protect the interior
(and your skin).
I don't mind the different in tint from front to rear...some people do.
(not worth the inevitable hassle from the cops)
Old 07-22-2015, 12:10 PM
JaySin

Well I figured I come in and say goodbye now...more or less. My lease will be ending in the next few months. I've REALLY enjoyed my G37x coupe. It's been good to me...no issues and plenty comfortable and fast. However, I've decided NOT to keep it for a couple reasons. One...resale value. If I buy it I will instantly be under water. Two...expensive to own between the MPG and insurance costs. Three...not a lot of engine/performance tweaking I can do that's worth it or inexpensive.
So...back to the WRX platform for me. I'm ordering a 2016 WRX Limited come September. I miss the 'brotherhood'! I can't help it.
I'm sure I'll hang around here once in a while to check on some interesting build threads.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:57 PM
serega13

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Good luck but I think you will be dissapointed in WRX after owning or leasing a G37. I know several people who have done it and regretted it.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:22 PM
JaySin

Originally Posted by serega13
Good luck but I think you will be dissapointed in WRX after owning or leasing a G37. I know several people who have done it and regretted it.
Thanks. I appreciate the sentiment. I went from a '08 WRX to a '13 G37 and I still miss my WRX...even though it was the turd of the WRX years. I just don't think the G37 fits my personality quite right. I feel more at home in a WRX. I can't explain it. I test drove a WRX recently and was quite impressed with it overall. They did some VAST improvements on the interior and it WAY out handles my G37x coupe. The handling alone was incredible. The fact that it's almost 500 lbs lighter certainly helps.

I've owned 5 coupes now. I think I'm just not a coupe person anymore.
I've considered the G37 sedan or Q50, but I can't afford a new one.

As I age and get closer to retirement...maybe an Infiniti will be right for me. By then...I hope to be looking at Porsches though
Old 12-16-2015, 09:23 AM
JaySin

So my new car is on its way. I thought about buying out my G37 from the lease, but the residual is so horrid I'd be underwater almost 6K immediately. It doesn't make financial sense. It's gone in about 2 weeks.

Anyway...here's a few pics for the car lovers out there. It's not an Infiniti although I'm not opposed to owning one again.
2016 WRX Limited:

I already got the clear bra and windows tinted (35/5). It's on the way from Colorado to Michigan. I ordered it from there since they beat the local dealers by $2500. $900 under dealer invoice. Can't beat that!