MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Newbie Corner (https://www.myg37.com/forums/newbie-corner-337/)
-   -   First Time Infiniti Driver (https://www.myg37.com/forums/newbie-corner/241006-first-time-infiniti-driver.html)

JaySin 10-20-2012 10:52 PM

First Time Infiniti Driver

5 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone...:thewave:
Another nubie here. I'm coming from a 2008 WRX...proud new owner of a 2013 G37x Coupe in Moonlight White (Prem/NAV). This is my first Infiniti and after only a couple of days...I can say it probably won't be my last.
First order of business...tint the windows. Next comes the black grille, larger body-color spoiler, and probably the axle-back sport muffler. I've decided I'm probably NOT going to tinker on the engine with this one like I did my Subie. It seems to have a pretty good tune right from the showroom. Since winter is coming and I live in Michigan...waiting until next year to shop for some wheels.
Anyway...I look forward to hanging around here!
Here's a few pics since that seems to be customary.

mannyh316 10-21-2012 01:44 AM

Nice , welcome

blnewt 10-21-2012 10:15 AM

Congrats on the new G & welcome to the site.
Sounds like a nice list of exterior mods and agree, the VQ comes pretty nicely tuned out of the box, gets pretty costly to get any significant gains from this motor. Have fun w/ your new ride!

Diode Dynamics 10-23-2012 04:54 PM

Welcome to the forum!

I love the G37 coupes in white :)

Sounds like you got a good list of mods to keep you busy for the winter months!

Enjoy your new ride!

-Emily

JJsBusaRox 10-23-2012 06:29 PM

MW ftw!!

JJsBusaRox 10-23-2012 06:30 PM

Congrats btw and welcome abaord!

JaySin 10-24-2012 07:24 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

@JJsBusaRox - very nice MW G! Clean, sporty look. I don't think I could get away with quite that low profile of a look here in Michigan with our terrible roads. I'll be getting 19's in the spring, but I'm guessing 20's would be a bit punishing around here.

JJsBusaRox 10-24-2012 08:58 AM

Thanks Jay. You could do 19's and still rock a nice low profile with the Eibach pro kit which drops the car enough to get rid of that big gap. Plus with 19's you would have a thicker side wall to help with the bad roads. IMO, it just wouldn't look right for you to get nice aftermarket wheels and have a big gap still.

InfiniteSmoke 10-24-2012 09:14 AM

Welcome!

Clean stock looking ride. Nice combo. Browse through the group-buy sections if you ever need anything as well. Let the modding begin!

JaySin 10-24-2012 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by JJsBusaRox (Post 3541397)
Thanks Jay. You could do 19's and still rock a nice low profile with the Eibach pro kit which drops the car enough to get rid of that big gap. Plus with 19's you would have a thicker side wall to help with the bad roads. IMO, it just wouldn't look right for you to get nice aftermarket wheels and have a big gap still.

I was thinking about the Eibach, but it seems like too low of a drop. I was looking for something that will lower it less than an inch...like 3/4" maybe, but I can't seem to find anything. I don't want to be scraping crap all over the place. I lowered my '08 WRX about .8" and it seemed about perfect. The Eibach seems to be about 1.5". I don't necessarily want that slammed look. The G37 sport with the 19" wheels at the dealership looked better with just the wheel size increase. I don't think the gap looks too bad. Are there other lesser options for lowering?

InfiniteSmoke 10-24-2012 09:33 AM

^ From a Sedan perspective, its not 'low' at all. Its just a mild drop, and evens out the height all around. For a coupe it may be different, but I doubt it since its not an aggressive drop to begin with. Worse comes to worse, get coilovers and adjust to your preference.

Side note: Any pics of the Subbie? One of my favorite cars, esp bubble eye and the gen after, STI.

JaySin 10-24-2012 09:43 AM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by InfiniteSmoke (Post 3541409)
^ From a Sedan perspective, its not 'low' at all. Its just a mild drop, and evens out the height all around. For a coupe it may be different, but I doubt it since its not an aggressive drop to begin with. Worse comes to worse, get coilovers and adjust to your preference.

Side note: Any pics of the Subbie? One of my favorite cars, esp bubble eye and the gen after, STI.

That's not a bad plan, but I just don't want to spend that much $. I spent a lot on my Subie and my wife may start to question my decisions. :7:

I had the Subie that got no love...the 2008 model. After I was done with it though...I loved it! It was damn fast too. I was pushing 290 ft. lbs torque at the wheels at a nice low 2200 RPM. I still miss it. I still gotta sell those OZ wheels to put some $ in my pocket.

JJsBusaRox 10-24-2012 09:47 AM

Do a search and you'll find lots of members here with the Eibach drop so you can get an idea.

JaySin 10-24-2012 09:51 AM

I'm not concerned so much about the look, but more about the ride quality on our crappy Michigan roads. I've seen about 30 cars in here with the Eibach...and I have no issues with the way it sits. It's just not practical on a daily driver with junk roads and harsh winters in my opinion. That's why I was looking for something more mild.

JJsBusaRox 10-24-2012 09:56 AM

I could be wrong but it doesn't get any milder than the Eibach's.