Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Just about to buy a V36..

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:14 PM
loz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My jap spec v36 ! Omglhd! ***pics updated pg 2***

Hey Guys,

I'm Loz - Been trolling these forums for a while now...

Pretty much set on a Pearl V36 Type SP in 7AT...

(Should hopefully be a proud owner tommorow night, as there are a few SP's coming up this Thursday in Japan)

Have already ordered a set of TEIN MonoFlex + EDFC, and just compiling my parts list at the moment.

Current ride
Silvia S14.5 Drift Car with a Dog Box around 450RWHP, hence i'm going for a cushy auto since the G is going to be my new daily...

as for the G, i have had a few ideas so far... probably going to go modular society or GFG.

Last edited by loz; 02-05-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:24 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If this is real....congrats.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:30 PM
loz

haha *if this is real* :P

nice nice... the V36 above isn't my car it's a chop of what im planning to do.... as for the s14.5 and the girl, yeah they are real....

check out my website Hardtuned.net - Automotive Modifiers Network (NISSANSILVIA.COM) . . . unfortuantely 36's aren't as popular as silvias over here in Aus so i never bothered starting a site for these cars

(and that said my37.com is a great community with some excellent info so am glad to join up!)

Last edited by loz; 01-18-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:33 PM
loz

Also: if anyone can point me in the direction for Cheap "Infiniti" badges that would be great! (we dont have the brand over here in Aus)

Also keen to swap any of the JDM stuff on my car for American Infiniti stuff if anyone is keen...

(JDM Steering wheel / Badges etc.)
Old 01-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Canadian144

Congrats on the car... welcome to the forum. BTW your silvia is hot!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:21 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Welcome on board mate! Crazy Silvia there you got, I've seen a few Evo's here with a dog box and that thing is just crazy!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sick Silvia man welcome to the boards!
Old 01-19-2010, 02:06 AM
Arvig

Hey welcome, hope the transaction on your car goes well!

As for getting Infiniti badges in Australia, I haven't checked to see if Amazon.com has any. But I THINK they will ship to Australia. Now if the cost to do that is reasonable or absurd, and if the vendors who are just using amazon.com to sell stuff will do it also, I don't know.

Only other idea I have is there is a vendor section of this board, and a couple people who work for various Infiniti dealerships, a couple sales consultants and maybe a mechanic. Could see if one of them would let you buy badges (if they have them at their dealership) from their parts department, and ship them to Australia?

Oh, I just have to ask..what's the import fees to have the girl shipped from your country to the states?
Old 01-19-2010, 02:17 AM
loz

^ ^ Importing is cheap it's the compliance, maintenance and running costs that will send you broke

cheers for the details on the badges, i found a dealer on ebay that can supply them all for about $100 for a full set.

Still jealous of how cheap you guys get your cars....!

The G will end up costing around AU$35-37k on road for a 2007 with 15,000km... and thats cheap! ( on our local autotrader they are fetching around $60k+)
Old 01-19-2010, 02:44 AM
Arvig

Originally Posted by loz
^ ^ Importing is cheap it's the compliance, maintenance and running costs that will send you broke

cheers for the details on the badges, i found a dealer on ebay that can supply them all for about $100 for a full set.

The G will end up costing around AU$35-37k on road for a 2007 with 15,000km... and thats cheap! ( on our local autotrader they are fetching around $60k+)
I don't know the conversion rates, but if it is 1 AU$ = 1 USD (or close to it) then 35k used isn't TOO Bad I suppose if it was here, but yeah for used would be a bit high still. $60k would be a lot!

And hey, glad you found some badges.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by loz

And don't you guys also get screwed on the warranties? I have seen on other sites where some countries (I think Australia is one) get MUCH shorter warranties than us. I.E. A new Infiniti here carries a bumper to bumper warranty of 100,000Kms/four years.

Shane D
Old 01-19-2010, 11:47 AM
ucla bruin

Nice car. I vote for photoshop 1 and 4 for choice of wheels.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:15 PM
loz

Warranty? Haha no chance - to get any sort of infiniti in australia you need to gray import it from japan - so no warranty or factory support of any sort- in fact with the gtr Nissan have flat out refused to even supply parts to grey import gtrs!

The other downside is the satnav is for japan, and menus and buttons are in Japanese .. But added bonuses are that jap spec Nissan and Toyota are specced up more than Lexus and infiniti usually. (engine start button, 3 reversing cameras, revmatching, 4ws, etc...)

I guess the main reason for importing a car yourself is that it is rare and unique - my 37 will probably be around the tenth one in the country.

(hence why they go for 60k second hand if they are already in the country)

....in general though our cars cost heaps more thanks to massive taxes...

A 370 on road from nissan will be around 86k , the gtr comes in at around 190k, and a new m3 or c63 around the same 160-180k

Last edited by loz; 01-19-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by loz

A 370 on road from nissan will be around 86k , the gtr comes in at around 190k, and a new m3 or c63 around the same 160-180k
WOW!! To roll in Australia you have to be rich or REALLY dedicated.

Shane D
Old 01-19-2010, 11:22 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by loz
Warranty? Haha no chance - to get any sort of infiniti in australia you need to gray import it from japan - so no warranty or factory support of any sort- in fact with the gtr Nissan have flat out refused to even supply parts to grey import gtrs!

The other downside is the satnav is for japan, and menus and buttons are in Japanese .. But added bonuses are that jap spec Nissan and Toyota are specced up more than Lexus and infiniti usually. (engine start button, 3 reversing cameras, revmatching, 4ws, etc...)

I guess the main reason for importing a car yourself is that it is rare and unique - my 37 will probably be around the tenth one in the country.

(hence why they go for 60k second hand if they are already in the country)

Australian as straight up ballerz. Looks like the Dubai folks may have have some competition

Quick Reply: Just about to buy a V36..