NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

SIGH*.. Girlfriend wants to take a break..

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Jee_35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SIGH*.. Girlfriend wants to take a break..

So this past weekend was one of the worst times I've ever experienced in a long time. My gf of 3 years decided that we needed to take a break from our relationship because we were both busy with our own things. We're both college students, so we're busy with hw/exams and setting up for our careers. I work about 30 hours a week to save up some money for the summer time so we can just chill out and have fun. I honestly think that her decision wasn't very fair/right. I am just confused, I know for a fact that she is not cheating on me. When I call her now, she talks to me so coldy, and so bitterly. It's only been 5 days now, but how long does things like this last? It seems like she doesn't even want to talk to me right now. Is that normal? Most of my friends aren't much help, they're just saying thats girls are evil and to forget her.. :P I've never had a "break" in a relationship.. so.. how long do these "breaks" last? I really do feel strongly for this girl..
Old 04-12-2006, 05:33 PM
opimax

for me it was always forever, hope not if thats not what you want but be prepared....

Mark
Old 04-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Virge
straight to the bank...

dude girls do that b/c they cheated on you....might not be the case with her, but more often than not they found someone else....
Old 04-12-2006, 05:38 PM
bwassul

My current girlfriend and I have split up about 5 or 6 times. Our last split was the longest at about a month. The time apart was good as it gave both of us a chance to do our own things for a while, but as time went on we both missed what we had. I've found that splitting up for a while helps a lot long-term.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:39 PM
bwassul

Originally Posted by Virge
dude girls do that b/c they cheated on you....might not be the case with her, but more often than not they found someone else....
...on the other hand, if she is cheating on you (hard to tell with girls sometimes), she's not worth worrying about.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Virge
straight to the bank...

also don't listen to me hahaha I'm just going to make you more confused/pist off

edit: also what ^^^^ said...
Old 04-12-2006, 05:45 PM
abcdefGGGGGG

umm. i say prepare yourself for the worst.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:54 PM
TwinTurboZ

From my experience, if she is doubting the relationship and can't even talk it out with you then you should bounce because one of the foundations is communication. You should be having fun in college anyway. Sorry if my advice is a little harsh, but I can relate from a past relationship.

Take the pants back!!
Old 04-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Alan

Originally Posted by Virge
i hate to say it but this is EXACTLY what happened to me. be careful, and dont fight a losing battle.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:04 PM
codeflux
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
aaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

start looking for a new girlfriend.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:10 PM
absolutg

my gf and i broke up for a bit after a couple years together. honestly it was the best thing that could have happened to us. i know what you're going through, it's freakin hard. but honestly, the best thing you can do is to focus on yourself, and what it takes to make you happy that doesn't involve her. our breakup was right after i graduated and while she was still a senior. i learned that at that age, it's hard to really have an idea of who you are, not that you have an absolute answer as you get older, but you get better at knowing the answer.

give her space, take your own space and focus on what you need to get done for yourself. it will be the best thing for both of you. the more you call her and try to get back together with her, the more she will resent you for not actually taking a break and giving her space. it's not worth it, you shouldn't ever have to convince someone to be with you.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:10 PM
MDR G35C

Do not call anymore. Shows you are weak.

Go out with your friends and have fun. If you hook up with someone new, fine.

Let her worry about what you are doing not the other way around.

In the end if she does not care you are better off finding someone new.

Good Luck
Old 04-12-2006, 06:16 PM
bwassul

I agree with absolutg and mdr_g35c. Do whatever makes you happy without her. She's not in the picture anymore, so don't worry about her. If you meet someone new, fantastic. If not, you're still having fun. Beating yourself up over what could have happened or might happen or what she might be doing is useless...she split up with you....
Old 04-12-2006, 06:31 PM
r0csfinest

Sometimes they just need space and time to be alone. Like you said she has to worry about exams and career and everything else and a boyfriend just adds more to her plate.

You could either accept the break and wait for her to come back... or you can ask her this... if she can't handle a boyfriend during these "tough" times how can you trust her to be by your side when you guys face bigger obsticles
Old 04-12-2006, 06:51 PM
KlokDeezal

Man I am sorry to hear that, but the best thing you can do is just leave her alone and go out on your own and have fun. I dont mean to be harsh, but there is way more P**** out there and you should just go be you. Eventually you will get over her, but it will be hard and just dont call her, and wait for her to call you.

Quick Reply: SIGH*.. Girlfriend wants to take a break..