NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Another Accident

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 11:46 PM
pdjafari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Another Accident

Yes thats right...this car is killing me. I just cant seem to avoid bad luck. Im ok, fine. Heading to the gym tonite around 730 and on Willard rd/walney in Chantilly heading south. Having taking this road to work/gym almost everyday I know it pretty well. At the light you have 2 lanes going straight. The right lane continues straight after the light, however the left lane ends (becomes a left turn lane) and the right lane continues straight. Left lane merges, and there's a street sign indicating this. A damn minivan in the left lane proceeds into my lane. I tried to speed up but it was too late, slow down...too late..so she side swiped my entire drivers side. Not as bad as it might sound. I'll post pics in the daytime. I got dents/scratches all up on from the drivers side fender, door and rear fender. Also my drivers side mirror caught a few scratches. Other than that I have scratches all along the drivers side. Kinda pissed...cop came and I grabbed 2 witnesses. At first cop was trying to play 'i didnt see it so sorry, you both exchange insurance info game. However once he saw i wasnt playing around and had witnesses, he gave her a ticket for 'improper lane change'. This just sucks, i am really contemplating selling the G now. Some things just werent meant to be I guess....my parts might be up for sale soon...
Old 12-28-2005, 11:55 PM
terryw

god im sorry to hear that Puria, bad luck. its not your fualt though so you wont have to pay to get her fixed. its pretty minor injury though, i dont think its worth selling it dude. It will look new after they fix it. The time and hassle as well as the financial hit for selling it and getting another car is huge. Sh*t happens, it dosnt matter which car youre driving, when some idiot decides to be stupid and hit you theres nothing you can do. im just glad youre alright man, hang in here and let us know what we can do to help.

Last edited by terryw; 12-29-2005 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:34 AM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about the accident. It's not your fault so it's all gravy less the hassle. Make sure you get every dime you deserve from her insurance company for your trouble. Don't sell the G although if you feel that it's bad luck, get rid of it. Better safe than sorry. If you do decide to part it out, I want the Invidia G200!! Again, sorry to hear about the accident, keep ya head up.

~Khoa
Old 12-29-2005, 01:10 AM
g6g35

sorry about the accident. I got dibs on the plenum spacer, veilside sides/rear and your invidia g200 if khoa backs out. Hope you get ur situation straightened out
Old 12-29-2005, 01:42 AM
andy2434

Glad to read that you were not hurt. Hey, you cannot avoid all the idiots whom we all share the roads with. They are going to get us all eventually regardless of what we are driving.

I trust you get your G fixed in short time and to your satisfaction, as well. Good luck!
Old 12-29-2005, 02:04 AM
Jee_35

damn sorry to hear man, but seriously you can't be thinking about giving up the G. Just get it fixed, and you'll be back on track. Cheer up ! ! sounds like you need a happy hour
Old 12-29-2005, 04:12 AM
arjunz

Puria bro... i'm soo sorrry to hear this man.. but at the same time i'm glad that your okay.... dont be hard on yourself for some one elses mistake ...sometimes luck just is not on your side ... i really hope you dont sell your G ...
Old 12-29-2005, 07:47 AM
LEK

Puria sorry to hear that man... i hope you get the g fixed soon.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:21 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

Sorry to hear about the rash of bad things lately man. Keep your head lifted man.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Lethal G35

^^ I ditto John on this one. Keep your head up. Glad to hear you're ok.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:31 AM
ennius

damn puria...sorry to hear about the troubles...but it wasn't your fault, so don't take it upon yourself so harshly. i hope everything gets repaired quickly and that you reconsider your decision.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:44 AM
1dannyboy

Damn... Sorry to hear that... At least your alright... I am sure your nerves were a little shaken (and pissed off)... It has already been said... but... You cannot avoid all the idiots on the road... no matter what you drive... It just feels a little worse when it's your baby that has been hurt (Your G)
Old 01-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Benj

Puria make sure HER insurance company cuts you a check for demnished value of your car. Yes, thats right. Now that your car has been in a wreck when you go to trade or sell your car. The dealer or private party can give you less cause it has been in an accident. The insurance company might try to play dumb. But deminished value is real. Even if the accident is your fault you can get your insurance company to cut you an extra check for deminished value.

I don't have any links to the deminished value but it is a real insurance term not a lot of people know about.

Sorry I have not been around have been out of the USA for work the last 6 months. Should be coming back soon. Gonna be getting some more junk done to the car.

Hopefully back on the forums soon.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:13 PM
terryw

yeah, my friends' bmw 330ci got hit by some lady running a stop light, he got the insurance company to cut him a fat check because the value of the car has diminished due to the accident
Old 01-03-2006, 04:22 PM
brian2004

Yeah sorry man get it fixed and get back in the saddle.

Quick Reply: Another Accident