NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Those with 6MT..Rouge Eng. Short Shifter!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 09:27 AM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those with 6MT..Rouge Eng. Short Shifter!!

So I took a trip to Skyline this past Sunday with a friend. Great chance to test out the new SS I just installed Friday. This shifter is extremely precise as what everybody else have stated. It does also take a lil more effort to get it out of the gate but I'm sure its something I'll get used to. The throw is noticeably shorter, which helps me out a lot since this is my first manual. I think for me, my feet movement was always faster than my shifting. So with the shorter distant, I get into gear faster and giving me a smoother drive. During the drive, the shifter did really well when I had to downshift for the turns and the upshifting was even smoother. The only problem I noticed was that if I hesistated on a shift, I would end up hitting the missing the gate and hitting the divider. So I guest it's the timing.

I did the install myself and it was fairly easy. I just used jacks and jack stands. I would recomend a lift if accessible because there's little working space under the car. It cost me $200 for the shifter and new shift cup shipped. Anyways I'll try to post some pic of the drive once I d/l them picture and figure out how to post them. Just thought I'd share my review on this shifter for those that aren't too lazy to shift.

~Khoa