NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Our Clear Bra Experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 12:59 PM
SaltiDawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our Clear Bra Experience

Hi All,

As some of you may have read over in the Coupe Forum, my wife got her CPE 6MT last Tuesday. wnt1bd pointed us to the right deal for us and it took just shy of 19 weeks to get here (due to damage sustained and repaired at the Japanese Port of Departure.) It's a Laser Red with Graphite interior, Nav, Premium, XM, body side molding, trunk mat, Aero body kit w/rear spoiler.

My wife drove it home and let me detail it on Wednesday. By "detail" I mean wash it with Dawn, Clay Bar the entire car, wash with Zaino detergent, and then Zaino it three times. Does the phrase, "Wax on. Wax off." mean anything when I say my shoulders ached for days?

On Friday we christened the Nav system by proceeding to PROFORM in Ellicott City for a Clear Bra install. As discussed in an earlier thread in this forum, I visited or "interviewed" a sizeable number of Clear Bra installers, and swapped lots of E-mails with wil of g35Driver Forum fame, all with the goal of becoming informed about the various films and the various available installers and of course prices.

During the course of my search, I became aware of Rob Freeman of PROFORM. The day I visited him he had just finished a G35 and was starting on a 350Z Clear Bra installation.

His approach was very professional and business-like in his dealing right from the start. He showed me samples of the various films that are available and discussed his view of the strengths and weaknesses of each - even the 3M Scotchgard film that he uses. (May tend to appear "orange peeled" just like real paint.)

Before I left his shop I decided that I wanted Rob to do the install when my wife's car arrived and we settled on a price and agreed to do the install as soon as possible after the car arrived. The total kit install lists at $1195 I believe, but I would try to talk him down.

I have read some posts suggesting that you NOT Zaino the car before installing a Clear Bra, but Rob said that Clay Baring and Zainoing the car first would be the best way to proceed. So that's what we did.

If anyone is entertaining the idea of getting a Clear Bra installed, I would strongly urge you to contact Rob and set up an appointment to discuss the various options. I found him to be a straight shooter and I'm sure he'd be glad to help you get smarter even if you ultimately opt for a competitor.

wnt1bd saw my wife's car this past Sunday while he was scouting potential new Hooters sites up in Westminster. We are 100% happy with the quality of the install and almost as important, if any problem arises I am totally comfortable that Rob will take care of it!

I'm going to send Rob a link to this thread and I hope he'll jump in and correct anything I've said wrong.

Here's Rob's contact info.

Rob Freeman
PROFORM PROTECTIVE FILMS
Maryland Performance Works
3220-D Corporate Ct.
Ellicott City, MD 21042
Ph: 410-750-8371
Fax: 410-750-8370
Toll Free: 866-PRO-3682
Web: www.proformauto.com
Old 06-15-2005, 01:49 PM
pdjafari

damn...looks pretty good
Old 06-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Byrnie

that really looks great.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Proform

Thanks Jerry,
It was a pleasure to do your car, the zaino made the surface perfect for adhesion. As for pricing generally it is 1195.00 with the lifetime waranty. Our kit is a PROFORM exclusive as well. We offer the most coverage for the dollar and back it up with a lifetime warranty. For the members that call and mention that they saw us off the forum we will take 100 dollars off the price. Our kits include the hood, fenders, mirrors, door edges, lights and complete front bumper.... and just for the record the camera adds 20 lbs, I'm no where near that big...Rob
Old 06-15-2005, 04:08 PM
pdjafari

^hahahaha
Old 06-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Pratik

Hey Proform - thats very generous for yoru offer. Perhaps we cna talk about some sponsorship ideas or some benefits to the members of our club. How about you shoot me a PM to discuss?