NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Z Tube / Pop Charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 01:07 PM
ennius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Z Tube / Pop Charger

You'll have to give me some time on this... because actually I've never really been into putting mods on my car before. So I'm still doing a lot of reading up on things.

I was on performancenissanparts.com and saw the Pop Charger / Z Tube combo...not a bad price, but I wanted to ask all of you who've installed them, what the noticable differences you got were?
Old 05-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Byrnie

I was the same way and still am new at this. But I can tell you that I orderded the z Tube and it doesn't suppress your engine noise as does the stock one and it's adds some horsepower, I believe more so horsepower than the Popcharger (if you had to put only one in). The z tube is actually the tube they use on the 350z so it's quality part. The popcharger on the other hand I hear does the same thing as just adding a K&N filter from Advanced Autoparts in Vienna.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Pratik

Norm, using this combo does add a few HP. In fact reading on the boards you'll hear that is the best "bang for your buck" mod you can do because you'll notice with the G, its not a true "tuner" car. Its hard to get a good gain of HP with some bolt-ons.

You'll notice with the Z-Tube and Pop charger may be some quicker response with your car but also you'll notice a difference in sound. At WOT (Wide Open Throttle) you'll notice a louder roar of you car. I personally love the sound just the Z-Tube makes. I haven't gone the Pop charger route but instead just gotten a K&N Drop-In. Getting that will benefit you more than the stock engine filter anyways.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:14 PM
ennius

hmm...in that case, i'll see if i can ****** a K&N drop filter and a Z Tube for the DIY next month.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Gmoney4

but the sound and whistle you get from the popcharger is WELL worth the money...
Old 05-17-2005, 02:18 PM
wanalaugh74

Does anyonne have the Z-tube with the MD plenum spacer? I also have the K&N dropin and spacer and I dunno if it is worth putting in the Z tube.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Pratik

Yeah Norm, some love the JWT sound. I personally dont like the whistle as much because I love the sound of the exhaust. I guess its a matter of personal preference. You'll notice a ton of people on the boards hae the Popcharger. I guess it cant be that bad huh?

Originally Posted by Gmoney4
but the sound and whistle you get from the popcharger is WELL worth the money...
Old 05-17-2005, 02:33 PM
ennius

i'm not sure if i have any need for my car to whistle...i'm pretty satisfied with the rumble the exhaust makes from stock... so just getting that growl a little louder would work out pretty well for me.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Pratik

One thing you can always do is just get the z-tube and then if you're not happy with just that go for the P/C. Either way they are good mods to do.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Byrnie

yea I thought if I posted someone would correct me/better explain it . Norm I didn't know you knew Jaime and Joe Leir, I've been hanging out with those dudes for at least 3+ years we all went to the same high school i believe (at least joe did for sure).
Old 05-17-2005, 03:14 PM
ennius

Byrnie-

I've known those kids for a while too. I used to party with them but I don't really hit up the club circuit like I used to after I stopped DJ'ing. Now my tables and records sit in the closet, but Joe is constantly trying to get me to sell him my collection of late 90's house plates. hahaha-
Old 05-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Byrnie

yea I'm not into the whole clubbing thing anymore either.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Gmoney4

well IMO, and many others on this board feel the ztube is the absolute best bang for your buck in the G. And trust me fellas, the rumble is still there. Ask puria or john when they hear it as I'm passing by..... hahaha
Old 05-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Byrnie

I'll have to hear it again then
Old 05-18-2005, 11:33 AM
mbq62

Originally Posted by Gmoney4
well IMO, and many others on this board feel the ztube is the absolute best bang for your buck in the G. And trust me fellas, the rumble is still there. Ask puria or john when they hear it as I'm passing by..... hahaha
Z tube is the best bang for the buck. Plus at WOT it whistles.

Quick Reply: Z Tube / Pop Charger