The G37S is a great track car - Page 27 - MyG37



The G37S is a great track car

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #391
bPChaos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 139
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
Tomorrow I attempt to install ARP extended wheel studs and chop the tops off my factory wheel nuts to make them fit
I have extended studs... they were a pain to get out and I ended up going to a shop to have them pressed out. If you can whack them out with a hammer, it's actually a fairly simple job. Best of luck, lol.
bPChaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:13 PM   #392
Splitter
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 182
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bPChaos View Post
If you can whack them out with a hammer, it's actually a fairly simple job. Best of luck, lol.
That's my plan, I'm not expecting any upsets along the way, but we'll see.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:51 PM   #393
4DRZ
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
4DRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 1,614
Thanked 130 Times in 108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all having an excellent day. I saw Mishimoto being mentioned in this thread and figured I would chime in.

While I completely understand how a company named Mishimoto could be considered or overlooked as " a made-in-taiwan or china brand" , We are actually a US based company with our headquarters in New Castle, Delaware. All of our products are engineered, designed, and tested here at our facility.

Also, Mishimoto products as a whole have a less then 1% failure rating. If you were to have an issue with your product, we back up every single item we make with a lifetime warranty.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to us directly and we would be happy to assist you. We can be reached by phone at 302.762.4501. or by email at [email protected]

Thank you,
-Jake
Mishimoto
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I am planning to order one of your radiators in the next month or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bPChaos View Post
I really need to hit the track again - but I'm conflicted. Should I continue to track this car? Or should I buy another and relegate this to not-track car? Obviously, Miata, E30 or S2000 comes to mind, but hey, I like being the only G37 at a track most times.
Ah, the million dollar question. I have gone both ways on this a few times and I usually try to simplify my life so I have always found it better to have one car that serves multiple purposes. For me doing occasional track days, this is the best fit. If I were looking to do tons of track days and worried about wrecking the car or was wheel to wheel racing, then I would look elsewhere.

The fact that my G37S sedan has basically the same engine, transmission, suspension, chassis, brakes, etc. as the 370Z means it has track potential while being a total sleeper. I was guessing on it's potential initially just based on the parts list before I bought mine and drove it for the 1st time on the same day. Clearly by my initial posts when I created this thread this car definitely is capable on track. Like most street cars, it does need a few mods (especially with cooling), but they are cheap mods compared to starting out with a more dedicated track/street car like a new M3, ATS-V, Gulia Quadrifoglio, etc. (Not that I don't still look for all 3 of these on the used car market regularly.) No big complaints with this car so far and it may be one of the cars I keep a lot longer than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bPChaos View Post
I have extended studs... they were a pain to get out and I ended up going to a shop to have them pressed out. If you can whack them out with a hammer, it's actually a fairly simple job. Best of luck, lol.
Good luck with the wheel studs. They can be a PITA sometimes. I had no luck trying to get my hubs off to install my brake ducts- even with advice from Z1. Talked to one of my guys in the shop and he recommended hitting them from the back at an angle and they popped out relatively easily.
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #394
4DRZ
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
4DRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 1,614
Thanked 130 Times in 108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all having an excellent day. I saw Mishimoto being mentioned in this thread and figured I would chime in.

While I completely understand how a company named Mishimoto could be considered or overlooked as " a made-in-taiwan or china brand" , We are actually a US based company with our headquarters in New Castle, Delaware. All of our products are engineered, designed, and tested here at our facility.

Also, Mishimoto products as a whole have a less then 1% failure rating. If you were to have an issue with your product, we back up every single item we make with a lifetime warranty.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to us directly and we would be happy to assist you. We can be reached by phone at 302.762.4501. or by email at [email protected]

Thank you,
-Jake
Mishimoto
Do you have any results of this radiator on a G37 or 370Z showing the drop in coolant temp vs. stock?

I live in WI where it gets very hot & humid in the summer and below 0 degrees in the winter. Does a radiator like this that improves cooling become an issue by cooling too much in the winter once the engine warms up and the thermostat eventually opens?
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
370Z Part Compatibility with G37 RogerSmith MODDING 411 3 05-28-2016 05:04 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Copyright 2002 - 2017, MYG37.COM All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: