The G37S is a great track car - Page 27 - MyG37

The G37S is a great track car

Old 07-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #391
bPChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
Tomorrow I attempt to install ARP extended wheel studs and chop the tops off my factory wheel nuts to make them fit
I have extended studs... they were a pain to get out and I ended up going to a shop to have them pressed out. If you can whack them out with a hammer, it's actually a fairly simple job. Best of luck, lol.
bPChaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:13 PM   #392
Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bPChaos View Post
If you can whack them out with a hammer, it's actually a fairly simple job. Best of luck, lol.
That's my plan, I'm not expecting any upsets along the way, but we'll see.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:51 PM   #393
4DRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all having an excellent day. I saw Mishimoto being mentioned in this thread and figured I would chime in.

While I completely understand how a company named Mishimoto could be considered or overlooked as " a made-in-taiwan or china brand" , We are actually a US based company with our headquarters in New Castle, Delaware. All of our products are engineered, designed, and tested here at our facility.

Also, Mishimoto products as a whole have a less then 1% failure rating. If you were to have an issue with your product, we back up every single item we make with a lifetime warranty.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to us directly and we would be happy to assist you. We can be reached by phone at 302.762.4501. or by email at [email protected]

Thank you,
-Jake
Mishimoto
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I am planning to order one of your radiators in the next month or two.

Quote:
I really need to hit the track again - but I'm conflicted. Should I continue to track this car? Or should I buy another and relegate this to not-track car? Obviously, Miata, E30 or S2000 comes to mind, but hey, I like being the only G37 at a track most times.
Ah, the million dollar question. I have gone both ways on this a few times and I usually try to simplify my life so I have always found it better to have one car that serves multiple purposes. For me doing occasional track days, this is the best fit. If I were looking to do tons of track days and worried about wrecking the car or was wheel to wheel racing, then I would look elsewhere.

The fact that my G37S sedan has basically the same engine, transmission, suspension, chassis, brakes, etc. as the 370Z means it has track potential while being a total sleeper. I was guessing on it's potential initially just based on the parts list before I bought mine and drove it for the 1st time on the same day. Clearly by my initial posts when I created this thread this car definitely is capable on track. Like most street cars, it does need a few mods (especially with cooling), but they are cheap mods compared to starting out with a more dedicated track/street car like a new M3, ATS-V, Gulia Quadrifoglio, etc. (Not that I don't still look for all 3 of these on the used car market regularly.) No big complaints with this car so far and it may be one of the cars I keep a lot longer than usual.

Quote:
I have extended studs... they were a pain to get out and I ended up going to a shop to have them pressed out. If you can whack them out with a hammer, it's actually a fairly simple job. Best of luck, lol.
Good luck with the wheel studs. They can be a PITA sometimes. I had no luck trying to get my hubs off to install my brake ducts- even with advice from Z1. Talked to one of my guys in the shop and he recommended hitting them from the back at an angle and they popped out relatively easily.
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #394
4DRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all having an excellent day. I saw Mishimoto being mentioned in this thread and figured I would chime in.

While I completely understand how a company named Mishimoto could be considered or overlooked as " a made-in-taiwan or china brand" , We are actually a US based company with our headquarters in New Castle, Delaware. All of our products are engineered, designed, and tested here at our facility.

Also, Mishimoto products as a whole have a less then 1% failure rating. If you were to have an issue with your product, we back up every single item we make with a lifetime warranty.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to us directly and we would be happy to assist you. We can be reached by phone at 302.762.4501. or by email at [email protected]

Thank you,
-Jake
Mishimoto
Do you have any results of this radiator on a G37 or 370Z showing the drop in coolant temp vs. stock?

I live in WI where it gets very hot & humid in the summer and below 0 degrees in the winter. Does a radiator like this that improves cooling become an issue by cooling too much in the winter once the engine warms up and the thermostat eventually opens?
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote