Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

Race Track Attack Guides released

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Eagle1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Race Track Attack Guides released

After two years of work, I have written and published five books, which are dedicated guides for the enthusiast high performance driver to five separate race tracks: Laguna Seca Mazda Raceway, Buttonwillow Raceway Park (Configuration #13 clockwise), Willow Springs International Motorsports Park (Big Willow), Auto Club Speedway (the Autocompetition course including the "Roval" of NASCAR Turns 1 & 2 and the 3100 foot long front straight), and Reno-Fernley Raceway Park (the four mile long Configuration "A" run counter clockwise).

All five are to be available on Amazon: (Amazon.com:
(just type into the search box "race track attack guide")

or at Barnes and Noble: Barnes*&*Noble - Books, Textbooks, eBooks, Toys, Games & More

or you can visit the oldest specialty bookstore for auto magazines and books, Autobooks-Aerobooks at 2900 W. Magnolia in Burbank, CA. They will have the books up on their website in a week or two.
AutoBooks AeroBooks - Your automotive bookstore in Burbank since 1951
Group buys at a discount will be run through Autobooks. They are one of the oldest specialty bookstores in the country dedicated to cars (and planes), and I want to support them in these tough times. The store is a landmark for the motorsports enthusiasts of California.

These titles have been pre-reviewed by professional racers (Kevin O'Connell and Stanton Barrett of NASCAR, John Wood of IMSA/Camel GT), track owners, event sponsors(SpeedVentures, Redline Time Attack), amateur competitors (Oli Thordarson of SCCA), race mechanics, performance parts makers(Jim Wolf), racing instructors (Danny McKeever of Fast Lane Racing School, and various Porsche and other club chief driving instructors), .......basically enthusiasts from across the spectrum of participation who are high regarded as professional talents, and as gentlemen.

If you are going to take your car to one of these tracks, you might want to take a peek at them. The Amazon site has the "search inside the book" feature loaded. Not all the titles are fully "up", but they should be within ten days or so.

If the interest is high enough, we will expand upon the number of tracks covered with additional titles.

And, yes, all of the photos are taken from the windscreen mounted camcorder on my car during run sessions.

I hope that you enjoy them.

Cheers,

Ed
Old 07-19-2010, 10:39 PM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whoa ed! havent seen you around in forever man. glad to hear you are still in the game and helping out others. still running the g?