MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Modding advice needed-FI LTH's question

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 257 Likes on 229 Posts
Question Modding advice needed-FI LTH's question

So I'm awaiting my shipment on my FI LTH's. Should be this month or possibly sooner. Ny question is conserving the potential raw fuel smell problem. I've got a vert, so you can imagine this potential problem would/could be multiplied in my case. I've been back n forth with Lance about welding some 100cells inside the LTH's or directly on the end I'm not sure for an extra couple hundred. Lance & Tony are for it , (I'm not against it) but I would like to wait and have the issue solved when the GB for convertibles FI CBE FINALLY....well hopefully goes thru. Can anyone give me some insite on this 100cell issue PLZ? I guess to clarify I feel like since I've spent $1300 on the LTH's and am awaiting my opportunity to pay another $1400 (SS cbe) then perhaps the 100cells should be a given. I dunno. Somebody with some more knowledge than I help a fellow owner out plzzzzz
Old 09-24-2014, 03:32 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
I would think that welding in some 100 cell cats into the LTH would solve the problem. I don't have a whole lot of information but it might not scrub all of the fumes though. 100 cell cats won't have as much total surface area for the catalyst to contact the exhaust gasses as they're passing through. FI uses 300 cell cats for the RHFC's and I don't have any trace of smell with mine.

I would think that welding in cats on LTH's would not be the easiest but if anyone can do it, Tony can.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:46 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 257 Likes on 229 Posts
Yes your probably correct I bet Tony could. With the HFCs having 300 cells in them it almost makes me wonder if I should be trying to pay them more than the two hundred for just the 100cells to be added. I defiantly didn't drop all this coin for odors to be a factor or trade off with gaining power. I'm thinking fed add the 100cells. But my question is once I have their CBE system why will this solve my raw fuel smell issue and render the 100cells unnecessary?