MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Help What can I replace the analog clock with? Any fitted products?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 10:31 PM
Bournano

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What can I replace the analog clock with? Any fitted products?

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a used 2011 Infiniti G37x with less than 35,000 miles on it and I've grown to dislike the useless analog clock that Infiniti shoves in each of its cars. The even bigger issue is that Infiniti does not have an option for the time (digitally) on the dash or radio screen. Why would they not include this? Seems like common sense to me. Anyways, my analog clock isn't even on the right time, is there a quick fix for that?

Does anyone know of any quick mods for a digital clock (OR ANYTHING BETTER, a smiley face sticker would be more helpful) there instead of the analog clock? First off, I don't want to have to read it for the time. Second off, it clearly isn't accurate as it loses time (not 24 hour, 2 rotations) over each day.

Lastly, I couldn't careless about tradition. I'm a 23 year-old adult and if Infiniti wants to keep me in the family (I want a Q50 someday), then they better show that they can adapt with the times (punny, right?).

As for now... I'll be picking up my phone, clicking the awake button, and looking down at my phone (all while driving a vehicle) to check... TIME.

Thanks for any advice. Any and all mods for the clock spot are welcome and appreciated.

Edit: I feel like Infiniti bought out a clock company years ago and is trying to give these lame pieces away. LOL, just kidding of course, but it seems like it.

Last edited by Bournano; 04-22-2014 at 11:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Kanwal (03-02-2019)
Old 04-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Bournano

I wanted to add (because I felt my original post was focusing on the negatives) that I LOVE this car so far. It's amazing! Only let downs I've noticed are the lack audio streaming from android device (I have to resort to USB flashdrive w/ preloaded music) and the analog clock. Also, the stock rims aren't the prettiest, but I can deal with them. The style, the power, the mpg, the luxury are all FABULOUS. I'm a very proud Infiniti owner. So happy with my purchase. I've tinted windows and installed LED bulbs and the car looks even better (imo). Now for the analog clock... I want a practical clock there (if possible).
Old 04-22-2014, 11:44 PM
cecrops

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Welcome to the forums but I must say that I like my clock, I can tell what time it is instantly just by glancing at it and it's never been off time I have not seen any mods for it maybe you can be the first and post us a new DIY. Here is a video on the clocks if you want to display it on the lcd also:
Old 04-22-2014, 11:53 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Why in the world would you want to get rid of the signature infiniti clock? It's got a timeless design and adds a classy look. I drove a q50 loaner today and their digital clock on the top screen left little to be desired. Sometimes it's better to let things be.......
Old 04-23-2014, 11:54 PM
Bournano

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Why in the world would you want to get rid of the signature infiniti clock? It's got a timeless design and adds a classy look. I drove a q50 loaner today and their digital clock on the top screen left little to be desired. Sometimes it's better to let things be.......
Well, to each his/her own of course. I don't expect everyone to love/dislike the analog clock. I realize that it is considered elegant to some, but I have no use for it. Especially since its time isn't reliable in my situation. I'm ECSTATIC to hear that the new Q50 has a digital clock though.

My brother is looking into getting a new car, so hopefully he'll take the Q50 for a spin. I have nowhere near the money to afford one of those babies though.

cecrops - Thanks for the prompt reply and the video. I really appreciate it. The community here seems great. I'm going to do some research and hopefully come up with a DIY video for installing something more practical there. Not saying I'm committed to getting rid of the analog clock, but I will search for stuff and install w/ pics if I find a viable option!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:57 PM
Racindaddy

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
There is a digital clock on the radio screen. There is on mine at least. I have a 2010 w/ Nav.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:09 AM
Bournano

Originally Posted by Racindaddy
There is a digital clock on the radio screen. There is on mine at least. I have a 2010 w/ Nav.
Unfortunately the model I bought was w/out NAV. I like using my phone for navigation (as I don't venture places I don't know of often). Really disappointing IMO.

I just fixed the analog clock. I'm going to give it a chance. If it keeps its correct time for a week maybe I'll adjust to reading analog clocks quickly. Lol, I'm just so used to the 21st ways. Lol, thanks guys.

Trending Topics

Old 04-24-2014, 12:05 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Tommy Kiara makes a digital replacement for it.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:28 PM
T-One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ooh! Tommy Kaira clock? mad HP! Must hazzzzz!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:16 AM
inyquest
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bournano
Hey everyone,

I recently bought a used 2011 Infiniti G37x with less than 35,000 miles on it and I've grown to dislike the useless analog clock that Infiniti shoves in each of its cars. The even bigger issue is that Infiniti does not have an option for the time (digitally) on the dash or radio screen. Why would they not include this? Seems like common sense to me. Anyways, my analog clock isn't even on the right time, is there a quick fix for that?

Does anyone know of any quick mods for a digital clock (OR ANYTHING BETTER, a smiley face sticker would be more helpful) there instead of the analog clock? First off, I don't want to have to read it for the time. Second off, it clearly isn't accurate as it loses time (not 24 hour, 2 rotations) over each day.

Lastly, I couldn't careless about tradition. I'm a 23 year-old adult and if Infiniti wants to keep me in the family (I want a Q50 someday), then they better show that they can adapt with the times (punny, right?).

As for now... I'll be picking up my phone, clicking the awake button, and looking down at my phone (all while driving a vehicle) to check... TIME.

Thanks for any advice. Any and all mods for the clock spot are welcome and appreciated.

Edit: I feel like Infiniti bought out a clock company years ago and is trying to give these lame pieces away. LOL, just kidding of course, but it seems like it.

When I first joined this forum I to asked about Modding the clock with something and somehow got into it with some guy talking bla blah blah.

I agree with you. I too would be interested in modding out that clock with something else.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:27 AM
blueis300
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Could maybe get some vinyl wrap in a black to just cover in and then take some other color vinyl and create and other logo or design you wanted.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:41 AM
DBall

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Personally, I really like the clock. My gripe is that, somehow, there is a smudge on the INSIDE of the clear plastic cover. Drives me friggin' nuts as I like to keep a clean car and from what I was told, I'd have to take the whole center console apart to get to that part. I don't know how (or really trust myself) to start doing stuff like that, though I could probably find a DIY with a simple search.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:05 PM
sprix

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
I like my analog clock on the dash... never had any issues with it not keeping time correctly either.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Paceship

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm. The clock is "signature" for Infiniti, so I'm on the favorable side. But...the only problem is that the light sometimes goes out, then back on. Hardly an issue. Keep the clock, it's ok!
Old 06-09-2014, 02:42 PM
inyquest
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
"The clock is "signature" for Infiniti"

Now just about every other new car under the sun has a "signature clock"

Quick Reply: Help What can I replace the analog clock with? Any fitted products?