MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Just installed RJM clutch assembly.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 04:25 PM
cdcG

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Just installed RJM clutch assembly.

Wow. What a difference. Doesn't even feel like I'm driving the same car. I highly recommend this to any 6mt driver as it greatly improves drivability of this car. I now look forward to shifting and find myself shifting sooner than I normally would have knowing now that every shift will be butter smooth. The dreaded 1-2 shift is gone. I find myself anticipating and concentrating still hard on that shift and neutral to 1st and there is no longer a need for it, it feels very natural and smooth. Very very happy with this mod. Id much rather spend a little over $200 then spend +$2000 on a new clutch due to inevitable wear over time from bad shifts. Great investment and man driving through traffic is a breeze. The adjustability is great too. Recommend to anyone not happy with the factory clutch pedal assembly. I miss nothing about it. Thanks to Ryan at RJM for producing a great product and delivering great service.
The following 2 users liked this post by cdcG:
G37Sam (01-08-2014), _tjp_ (11-17-2013)
Old 06-23-2013, 07:36 PM
joe6mtt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi i got a 2012 g coupe 6mt and have some question about that rjm u got.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:45 AM
cdcG

Fire away
Old 07-18-2013, 10:50 AM
bgoodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1. I love the RJM Clutch Assembly. Perfect for changing clutch feel/engagement during track days and daily driving.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:24 AM
cdcG

Originally Posted by bgoodman
+1. I love the RJM Clutch Assembly. Perfect for changing clutch feel/engagement during track days and daily driving.
Yeah I've been adjusting it since day one and loving finding the perfect setting. I finally found my feel, its a 180 turn clockwise after the 70% initial Afp setting.

I also found if you take the spring out of the hook it goes in, it's pretty nice for heavy traffic driving as there's no force pushing you out of the clutch when you need to ride the clutch a little smoother and longer. Makes for great 1st gear starts (provided you still have your engagement point at the top of the pedal).
Old 07-19-2013, 02:49 PM
dkmesa350z
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Glad to hear more positive reviews. Looking forward to installing mine (expecting it will convince me to take my G off the market!)
Old 07-19-2013, 03:01 PM
bgoodman

I can promise you it will.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:13 PM
dkmesa350z
Registered Member

The clutch feels awesome now! Pretty sure I've been swayed to keep the car. We'll see how the daily commute feels with the RJM kit.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:01 AM
cdcG

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z
The clutch feels awesome now! Pretty sure I've been swayed to keep the car. We'll see how the daily commute feels with the RJM kit.
Awesome man! Yeah keep us posted. I see where you're coming from though. The Oem clutch assembly was just not enjoyable at all. The Rjm has been a great drivability improvement and way more comfortable on your left foot. Made me enjoy driving so much more, especially in traffic.

The adjusting never stops for me though. I even keep my 11mm and 12mm wrenches, needle nose pliers, and allen wrench in the car until I find that perfect feel.
It's definitely fun experimenting.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:22 PM
dkmesa350z
Registered Member

At about 75% I've been very happy. Such a drastic improvement over stock assembly. I didn't even realize how the factory assembly inhibited the joy of driving until driving a week with the RJM. I loved everything about the car except the clutch...now there's nothing not to love. Such a blast to drive.
The following users liked this post:
cdcG (08-04-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 06:52 AM
gsm026
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Bump this thread to ask a question. I just ordered the RJM pedal assembly, but got concerned on warranty impact, especially with all the master/slave cylinder problems. Has anyone gotten the dealership reaction on the RJM upgrade?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 09-01-2013, 02:39 AM
cdcG

Originally Posted by gsm026
Bump this thread to ask a question. I just ordered the RJM pedal assembly, but got concerned on warranty impact, especially with all the master/slave cylinder problems. Has anyone gotten the dealership reaction on the RJM upgrade?

Thanks,
Greg
Hey Greg,

I haven't been to the dealer yet but I am outside of warranty anyways. In the event I was still under warranty, I doubt they would notice it or it conflict with the warranty. If some of the others in the thread can comment on that it'd be great, otherwise I would suggest Pm'ing them on this issue or asking Ryan from Rjm if he's aware of an answer to this question. Great question though let me know what you find.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:42 PM
GuzvaG37

So a question for the OP. I feel like a newb driving this car. My buddies look at me like I cant drive. Mind you I drove a 6 puck SRT pushing decent power and this car has the weirdest engagement. My problem is from 1st, I take off and its either to much or to little. I know the engagement is on the top but its just not consistent. Do you believe the RJM will alleviate this?
Old 11-13-2013, 08:59 PM
dkmesa350z
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GuzvaG37
So a question for the OP. I feel like a newb driving this car. My buddies look at me like I cant drive. Mind you I drove a 6 puck SRT pushing decent power and this car has the weirdest engagement. My problem is from 1st, I take off and its either to much or to little. I know the engagement is on the top but its just not consistent. Do you believe the RJM will alleviate this?
That is exactly what this was designed to fix. It will absolutely get rid of that.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:38 AM
MrJCole13
Premier Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
This sounds like something I would be very interested in. My question is the install. The instructions look like they are very detailed and easy to follow but how hard is it? Was it something that once you get into it, it is a breeze? I am assuming its a one person job since there is not enough room for another. I want to be able to do this on my own. Traffic sucks in Nashvegas!!

Quick Reply: Just installed RJM clutch assembly.