MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Review TWM Short Shifter + Piston Knob

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 01:25 AM
JJsBusaRox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TWM Short Shifter + Piston ****

Sup guys! Finally installed the short shifter + Piston **** after starting the group buy over a month and a half ago.

Installation was pretty straight forward. Removing the shifter itself was easy. I think the only hard part to the job for me was removing and putting back together the center console. But even then, it really wasn't that hard. I just took my time with it and made sure I didn't force anything to mess something up. Also, I made sure that the shifter feel was to my liking before I went and tightened up all the nuts and bolts.

When I took her out for a spin, I listened closely to make sure there weren't any clunking or noises happening, and there wasn't. With this shifter, it greatly reduced the vibration compared stock. I love the shifter throw and feel! It does take a little more effort to shift compared to stock. But it's not bad at all where you would really complain about it. Shifting is definitely crisp and more precise. Throws are probably 30-40% shorter. Very noticeable difference. The Piston **** is sweet! Nice and heavy weighing in at 520 grams.

Very happy with the products and the performance of the shifter. Hopes this helps anyone wanting a short shifter in the future. Here are some pics:

Short Shifter - Order Now!
Shift ***** - TWM Performance Shift **** Store

Last edited by JJsBusaRox; 09-07-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:52 PM
NYG37S

That's looking good. I'm still waiting to get mines. how hard is it to get that shifter cup out of the old shifter and placed in the new one?
Old 09-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Z gave way to G

Nice dude! I swapped mine out for the Stillen short-throw and noticed the required, additional, effort to shift as well. Once I get my custom short-throw boot, I'll install the boot and I think I'm going to add a little grease to the lower "ball" of the shifter, which is housed in the white plastic coupler, to see if that helps out at al
Old 09-04-2011, 05:14 PM
JJsBusaRox

Originally Posted by NYG37S
That's looking good. I'm still waiting to get mines. how hard is it to get that shifter cup out of the old shifter and placed in the new one?
I had to hammer the stock shifter from the bottom end to get the ball out of the cup. Did you get a hold of TWM to find out the deal is with your order?
Old 09-04-2011, 06:43 PM
NYG37S

I emailed them thursday, but still no response. If they still dont respond by early this week, I'm going to give them a call.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:15 AM
JJsBusaRox

For the guys who purchased shift *****, post up some pics and let's see'em!!
Old 09-08-2011, 12:56 PM
bembowe
Registered Member

JJsBusa, nice install men. I may have to meet up with you to get a feel for this. it looks great. if am to do one, I would like to retain the stock **** was I like the look. am sure it will fit but have you tried to get a feel of what its like with stock?

Let me know men, we can also meet at our next meet up, whenever that would be .
Old 09-08-2011, 08:15 PM
JJsBusaRox

Originally Posted by bembowe
JJsBusa, nice install men. I may have to meet up with you to get a feel for this. it looks great. if am to do one, I would like to retain the stock **** was I like the look. am sure it will fit but have you tried to get a feel of what its like with stock?

Let me know men, we can also meet at our next meet up, whenever that would be .
No problem bro. Let me know when you want to meet up. BTW, there's a meet on the 24th at Kuni Infiniti that I'm planning on going to. It's posted on our FB site. I'll bring my stock **** so you can have a feel for both.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:15 AM
bembowe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JJsBusaRox
No problem bro. Let me know when you want to meet up. BTW, there's a meet on the 24th at Kuni Infiniti that I'm planning on going to. It's posted on our FB site. I'll bring my stock **** so you can have a feel for both.
Nice, if nothing urgent pops up, i will definitely check it out. cant wait to see this in person men. pictures look great already.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:04 AM
NYG37S

Mine finally shipped out today. Getting it sometime next week. Finally! but they dunt have the A6 ****, so I just got the gunmetal big type r. Ill post some pics after.the install.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:54 AM
JJsBusaRox

Originally Posted by NYG37S
Mine finally shipped out today. Getting it sometime next week. Finally! but they dunt have the A6 ****, so I just got the gunmetal big type r. Ill post some pics after.the install.
Really? Why did yours take so long to ship?
Old 09-11-2011, 05:37 PM
NYG37S

They didn't have the shift **** I wanted A6 in gunmetal. I emailed them, took them a while to answer. Finally I called and told them just to replace the shift **** with big type r. I wanted a heavy shift **** so thought that was good choice. Now just waiting.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Greggski

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any updates on the feel of the shifter after getting some wheel time? Mine finally shipped today so i will be installing it soon.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:40 PM
JJsBusaRox

^^Shifts are still crisp and precise. Vibration greatly reduced. I don't know if it's the shifter or the **** that is reducing the vibrations. My **** weighs 520 grams. Anyway, I like the shifter and **** combo a lot!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:06 PM
NYG37S

How long did it take you to install?

Quick Reply: Review TWM Short Shifter + Piston Knob