MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Review Mastergrade Carbon Fiber Roof Cap.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 10:52 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You didn't test fit before putting it on? I would have probably sent it back. Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to have a cf roof on my black car... But I need something like that perfectly fitting if I intend to pull it off as the real deal. Either way the parts thats covered looks sick.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:54 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I just want to reitereate my point of view here since some may mistake it for hatorade...
I love the CF roof... It DOES suck that it shows white all around it...

verdict? Would I put this roof on my car? Yes in a heartbeat... I would just slap some vinyl on it around the edges... /story
Old 12-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
You didn't test fit before putting it on? I would have probably sent it back. Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to have a cf roof on my black car... But I need something like that perfectly fitting if I intend to pull it off as the real deal. Either way the parts thats covered looks sick.
The roof does fit great, but it's the cracks that the roof won't fit down that are showing white. If you have a black car, you have nothing to worry about.

If anyone else has a possible solution to this problem, I'm all ears.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:57 AM
pfizzle

I wanted to jump on the roof cap, and very glad that I didn't . If there is a possible solution, i'll be on the list to purchase.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:06 AM
ChOy BoY

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
I just want to reitereate my point of view here since some may mistake it for hatorade...
I love the CF roof... It DOES suck that it shows white all around it...

verdict? Would I put this roof on my car? Yes in a heartbeat... I would just slap some vinyl on it around the edges... /story
Agree 100% completely.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

What color is Pei's car?

I really want to see it on a dark car as well to determine if all purchasers will need the overlay, or just some.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:08 AM
ChOy BoY

his is athens blue
Old 12-15-2008, 11:10 AM
bigpei

the best idea would be painting it like alot of you said. but im my honest opinion, this product should have came with no flaws. as promised by mastergrade. We should not improvise and compensate with spending more money to "match up" with the current flaws. It should have came with no problems. i hope jim and mastergrade would give us an answer.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:21 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bigpei
the best idea would be painting it like alot of you said. but im my honest opinion, this product should have came with no flaws. as promised by mastergrade. We should not improvise and compensate with spending more money to "match up" with the current flaws. It should have came with no problems. i hope jim and mastergrade would give us an answer.
Heres your answer... Send it to me
Old 12-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by bigpei
Although I do agree, but its not really a "flaw". This is the only way you could make the roof cap. All the roof caps they make (2 350z and 2 G35 roofs) do not tuck into the crevases by the A-pillars or rear, but aren't nearly as noticeable.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
matt, can you take more pics of the antenna area? it looks wierd in the 2nd picture.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:37 PM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
Although I do agree, but its not really a "flaw". This is the only way you could make the roof cap. All the roof caps they make (2 350z and 2 G35 roofs) do not tuck into the crevases by the A-pillars or rear, but aren't nearly as noticeable.
I'm not impressed nor should the people who spent 600 on the roof cap. Why wasnt that last sentence mentioned in the pre-sale thread? Was it magically left out?

Last edited by tfmbigdog99; 12-15-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:56 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
The roof does fit great, but it's the cracks that the roof won't fit down that are showing white. If you have a black car, you have nothing to worry about.

If anyone else has a possible solution to this problem, I'm all ears.
Sorry, i didn't mean to come off as being all nit-picky. Maybe this mod just isn't for me. From afar its not noticeable, but it would bother me when you look up close.

Goodluck on the sales, the CF weave looks top notch.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:01 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by tfmbigdog99
I'm not impressed nor should the people who spent 600 on the roof cap. Why wasnt that last sentence mentioned in the pre-sale thread? Was it magically left out?

My point exactly, for 600 bucks I expect something to come and then be installed and have no worries. For less than half the price I can have a carbon sticker installed properly, I dont car if its "real carbon" which I could car less about BUT then again this would look sick on a dark colored car!!!! BTW thanks for stepping up in the diffuser

Last edited by SOLISIMO; 12-15-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:08 PM
J.Oh

wish the areas around the roof were not visible... oh wait mine arnt. because i got an overlay! lol i would love to have this on my roof but not for that price especially if the sides are all visible like that on a white car

Last edited by J.Oh; 12-15-2008 at 01:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Review Mastergrade Carbon Fiber Roof Cap.