MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

what do you guys think are reasonable mods for a leased car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Wezbian
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm leasing and have put the BC coils on and I have tinted my windows and put overlays on the tails. I am going to do the injen CAI even though it takes removing the bumper. But really anything you can easily remove and put back on should be fine.

Also do service writers care if you mod your car, as far as they know a lease is owned by infiniti finacial who i dont think they deal with (or rat you out to). Although!- the last time i took my car in for a falty ballast, they almost blamed me for changing my city light to an LED light as the cause for the ballast... have you heard of such a thing?
Old 06-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Streety2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you plan on trading it in after your term? Thats the biggest thing. Basically you can turn in the car with a twin turbo but you will loose what you put on the car.

Been leasing cars all my life. When I traded in my Z4 which had headers, exhaust, intake, chip, sound system, seats, and a carbon fiber body kit they kinda just asked me why i was trading it in instead of buying it. The reason I fell in love with a z06 Same with my 295hp Mini Cooper S I had they just shrug and take it. You just loose all the money you put into it. If you plan on buying it then it doesn't matter what you do.

Right now im doing a 2 year lease with mine with an option at the end of the term to make it a 3 year. I am probably going to trade it in for a GTR when the term is up if the heat is down on wanting a GTR if not Ill extend the term to 3 years and get the GTR then.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:39 PM
J.Oh

intake, grill mods, headlight custom done by Vivid.lumination or lightwerkz, rims, turbo muahha lol, overlays, exhaust, sways, struts, bbk?

anything thats easily put on that can be taken out but those are just some suggestions
Old 06-15-2008, 07:31 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can put anything on a leased car as long as it can be removed before you trade it in.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:37 PM
LAG37

^If you lease though, most dealers require you to go to an Infiniti dealership for servicing.
not true, i leased mine from miller infiniti in van nuys and they say its ok if i service my car elsewhere