MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Stillen vs Grounding Gear grounding kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:40 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by weave
^ you need to find another dealer
lol, no crap.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:59 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AZg37
Two quick notes. When I took my vehicle to the dealership, they said my Stillen exhaust voided warrantys, or would cause an issue if something came up, and they also said NO grounding kit was ok under warranty. They said grounding kits were a no no.
Your Dealer sucks... lol
Old 06-04-2008, 12:14 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Two quick notes. When I took my vehicle to the dealership, they said my Stillen exhaust voided warrantys, or would cause an issue if something came up, and they also said NO grounding kit was ok under warranty. They said grounding kits were a no no.
Really? Not my dealer. They tell me if it is Stillen then it is covered.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:11 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 45 Likes on 6 Posts
Thats just one dealer, the one closest to my house no less. Another dealer here in AZ actually sells and installs Stillen products.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:16 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
To any of you guys who are lining up to pay $90 or more for these "grounding kits" based on their talk of their "quality", I have a business proposition. I will produce one for anyone who wants one of higher quality for a cheaper price. I'll use 4 GA wire instead of 8. I'll let you choose the color of your wires. It'll do the exact same thing as any vendors out there except I'll charge a lot less than $100.

I've done this a number of times. Everything Kyle said is correct. It's not hard and it shouldn't cost so much, but considering how many of you seem eager to pay up, I can see how they charge as much as they do. Almost anyone can do this in less then an hour. If you'd like one PM me.
You really are willing to get the material, measure everything out to proper lengths, and lable wires, crimp everything with high grade connectors, get the bolts you need and hardware, different color wires, plus write up good instructions and provide shipping for a lot less $$$???? Doesn't seem worth it to me.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:42 AM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
You really are willing to get the material, measure everything out to proper lengths, and lable wires, crimp everything with high grade connectors, get the bolts you need and hardware, different color wires, plus write up good instructions and provide shipping for a lot less $$$???? Doesn't seem worth it to me.
let him! i'll buy one from him.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:33 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If you would like me to find a dealership in your area that doesn't employ moron's lemme know...haha.

Nissan/Infiniti corporate authorizes the warranty coverage not the dealership. A dealer rep. on a power trip can think he has some say but at the end of they day they aren't the ones flipping the bill. Besides, if anything happens to your car because of the exhaust I would be absolutely amazed and the dealership would need to prove that the exhaust caused the damage/failure to void the warranty.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:33 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

Actually, now that I think about it...It's against the law for them to void your warranty with a cat-back exhaust. They can however void the warranty based on hi-flow cats.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:10 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

I had an SES after HFC's and cat-back were installed. It was showing the AF ratio sensor in the manifold was reading funny. They tried to blame the cat-back and said it voided the warranty. After installing Stillen headers, everything is fine the SES just gave me an excuse to go with the full exhaust anyway so you, stillen, should be happy great products BTW!
Old 06-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
If I get enough interest to make buying the materials cost effective, I'll do it. It wouldn't be worthwhile to make only one or two because I wouldn't be able to buy the materials in bulk. So far there has been interest by 3 members. If at least 6 people want them, I'll do it. PM me if you have interest.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:13 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
If I get enough interest to make buying the materials cost effective, I'll do it. It wouldn't be worthwhile to make only one or two because I wouldn't be able to buy the materials in bulk. So far there has been interest by 3 members. If at least 6 people want them, I'll do it. PM me if you have interest.
Well thats a different story, you didn't say you were taking pre-orders to gauge interest before you decided to move forward
Old 06-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Good objective review, Kyle. Well put. Nice job. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:30 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

I had an SES after HFC's and cat-back were installed. It was showing the AF ratio sensor in the manifold was reading funny. They tried to blame the cat-back and said it voided the warranty. After installing Stillen headers, everything is fine the SES just gave me an excuse to go with the full exhaust anyway so you, stillen, should be happy great products BTW!
I could understand the dealership voiding the warranty based on the HFC's. However, by law they can not say anything about the cat-back. I'm sorry your dealership gave you the run around like that.

On a side note. Great choice on the headers! and thanks for the compliments!