MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

Official *MN G CREW* rAnDoM chat thread/room

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 02:05 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And the drive to FL was worth it with all the events we had planned - i know there are some sick car shows out there but I am just not a fan of the east coast at all. I would never drive that far to come out here haha. I would rather go to Cali if I could choose a coast . However Mr Tevi, I did not think of it this way - I could expense gas from MPLS to NJ since I will still be working out here in Philly (as long as its below $500 which I think is doable) and then get a hotel fo free out here as well. Sooooooooo I guess you can't count me out for this. THen I could stay here for the week for work with my G and go home the following weekend. hmmmmmmmmmmmm. when are the dates?

Last edited by MN-G-Fever; 10-22-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:49 PM
MN-G-Fever

holy sheeeeeeeeeeeet lance, is my video going to shut down youtube?!?!?! all i want to hear is my exhaust on the GoPro...
Old 10-22-2012, 03:25 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Where there's a will there a way lol yeah the east coast road to scare me a bit but not terribly. West coast is just such a drive. Drove to Cali twice and It's always fun going but driving back simply sucks. With that said I'd still entertain the idea.

I guess my main point is this_ if I'm gonna drive my G 14+ hours with the crew to any given destination, I'd like it to be centered around a car event. Otherwise I'd rather just fly in to wherever and rent a G coupe/sedan for the week if we re just taking a lil vacation
Old 10-22-2012, 03:59 PM
MN-G-Fever

Originally Posted by soolman32
Where there's a will there a way lol yeah the east coast road to scare me a bit but not terribly. West coast is just such a drive. Drove to Cali twice and It's always fun going but driving back simply sucks. With that said I'd still entertain the idea.

I guess my main point is this_ if I'm gonna drive my G 14+ hours with the crew to any given destination, I'd like it to be centered around a car event. Otherwise I'd rather just fly in to wherever and rent a G coupe/sedan for the week if we re just taking a lil vacation
Yea I see your point, and yes west coast is just too far. However, the roads in the mountains would be an absolute blast to drive on. That drive we could easily make in 12 hours which isn't that bad at all. Plus having your car out there to take some sweet GoPro vids, pictures with it in the mountains. I didn't do enough of that when we went to Zdayz or Miami...

We could start searching around on the Denver to see what car events are there as well, and we could rep MN and take home some hardware
Old 10-22-2012, 04:27 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Psh take me to any part of North America (sans Winnipeg...) and the 6MT G sedan will be able to handle the roads...
Old 10-22-2012, 05:10 PM
MN-G-Fever

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Psh take me to any part of North America (sans Winnipeg...) and the 6MT G sedan will be able to handle the roads...
Did I show you guys the flat I got from nailing a pot hole in the Jetta about a month ago? These roads out here are like nothing I have ever seen - like I said before you would be in trouble with a stock G out here haha
Old 10-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
Did I show you guys the flat I got from nailing a pot hole in the Jetta about a month ago? These roads out here are like nothing I have ever seen - like I said before you would be in trouble with a stock G out here haha
Yikes, I know the I90 or whatever it is through Pennsylvania isn't too bad, but sounds like the roads other than that are just crap. I'm good lol
Old 10-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Songle6MT

Well, just broke the ice. Just started with the first additions to the winter stock pile of parts lol
Old 10-22-2012, 07:01 PM
MN-G-Fever

Originally Posted by Songle6MT
Well, just broke the ice. Just started with the first additions to the winter stock pile of parts lol
yesssssssssssssssssssssss . well done sir - now spill the beans!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:27 PM
WannabeSport

He probably bought coupe 18s lol.

I think If I was going to buy something else for my car it would be exhaust. But I want to find one that actually makes an exhaust note.. lol
Old 10-22-2012, 08:41 PM
MN-G-Fever

I think If I was going to buy something else for my car it would be exhaust. But I want to find one that actually makes an exhaust note.. lol
Janik switching parts again?! lol you should check out matt's topspeed he just got and he was on a group buy to get it under $400, can't beat the price and sound it produces for the sedan!!

Old 10-22-2012, 08:50 PM
WannabeSport

Where did he buy that from? I swore i'd never crawl under my car again because i absolutely hate working on cars but for that price and sound, might give it a try.. lol
Old 10-22-2012, 08:59 PM
MN-G-Fever

Where did he buy that from? I swore i'd never crawl under my car again because i absolutely hate working on cars but for that price and sound, might give it a try.. lol
here is a link to the thread they had for a group buy - Lance closed it so I have no idea if they are doing another group buy or not. It is not a full cat back but its from the Y pipe on back - still sounds damn good for the price

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ust-sedan.html
Old 10-22-2012, 09:06 PM
WannabeSport

Yea i was listening to it on youtube. Theres a couple on ebay for about $450 shipped. Hmm, we will see. Not 100% sure I want exhaust again lol.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Songle6MT

yesssssssssssssssssssssss . well done sir - now spill the beans!!!

Wrong lol. I bought an upper and lower plenum

And If you buy exhaust

Janik switching parts again?! lol you should check out matt's topspeed he just got and he was on a group buy to get it under $400, can't beat the price and sound it produces for the sedan!!
That sounds awesome!

Yea i was listening to it on youtube. Theres a couple on ebay for about $450 shipped. Hmm, we will see. Not 100% sure I want exhaust again lol.
Janik, for that price do it. NOW.

Ill even help you put it on, which I end up doing most of the work anyways

Just do it before it gets too cold so I don't have to put exhaust on when it's 0 degrees outside again

Quick Reply: Official *MN G CREW* rAnDoM chat thread/room