MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

Official *MN G CREW* rAnDoM chat thread/room

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
Those works are very light for 20'' wheels, especially compared to Vossens
I read that these are still in the upper 20's, low 30lb. range?
Old 08-08-2012, 03:25 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Songle6MT
I read that these are still in the upper 20's, low 30lb. range?
Wow for some reason I thought they were in mid to low 20 lb range. Looks like they are around 28-30 lb depending on F&R. WTF, for the price i would have thought the weight was much less.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Songle6MT

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
Wow for some reason I thought they were in mid to low 20 lb range. Looks like they are around 28-30 lb depending on F&R. WTF, for the price i would have thought the weight was much less.
Yeah that's what I thought but i looked it up just to see, and was surprised that they were saying they weighed that much. Supposedly it's because its a cast center with a forged barrel or something idk lol.

Maybe Lance will chime in
Old 08-08-2012, 04:06 PM
glowrdr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just got pulled over by 6 cops from 2 different cities - all because some guy didn't like that I passed him. Didn't cut him off or anything, just passed him on hwy 10 in the right lane, and cut back into the left lane (there was a semi in the right lane, otherwise I would have stayed there)

I pulled over, and it seemed like the cops just kept coming. lol They were laughing a bit when I explained to them what happened. The guy said I was all over the road, going 100+ mph and passing people on the shouler (in the contruction zone no less). They said something sounded a little odd about it, and just gave me a "warning" that someone didn't like my driving for some reason.

I knew I didn't do anything wrong, but dayum - It still makes a guy nervous when that many pull up behind you (and in front of you... and next to you)

I would have taken a picture, but I didn't want to push my luck. lol
Old 08-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Songle6MT

Originally Posted by glowrdr
Just got pulled over by 6 cops from 2 different cities - all because some guy didn't like that I passed him. Didn't cut him off or anything, just passed him on hwy 10 in the right lane, and cut back into the left lane (there was a semi in the right lane, otherwise I would have stayed there)

I pulled over, and it seemed like the cops just kept coming. lol They were laughing a bit when I explained to them what happened. The guy said I was all over the road, going 100+ mph and passing people on the shouler (in the contruction zone no less). They said something sounded a little odd about it, and just gave me a "warning" that someone didn't like my driving for some reason.

I knew I didn't do anything wrong, but dayum - It still makes a guy nervous when that many pull up behind you (and in front of you... and next to you)

I would have taken a picture, but I didn't want to push my luck. lol
Yikes, I don't know what I would do if 6 cops pulled me over haha. I've only been pulled over twice, and each time it has just been one. I get jittery as it is haha.

Hopefully someone doesn't call about how I have been driving lately. Not super crazy but not a grandpa either...

At least the cops laughed about it!
Old 08-08-2012, 04:46 PM
glowrdr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, they said the only reason there were so many there, was because I had crossed city lines. Which, driving on hwy 10 happens alot. Every few miles actually.

They mentioned I had a couple speeding tickets, but nothing other than that so it "all seemed good" was how they put it. It definataly was nerve racking though to say the least. Everytime another cop would pull up, the 2 at my car would just yell back to them that everything was taken care of. It was Anoka and Coon Rapids cops (although I think I was in Ramsey when I passed him - he followed me for about 15 miles)
Old 08-08-2012, 05:33 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Boy, that would scare the **** out of me haha.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:37 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow, what a day Brian lol
Old 08-09-2012, 01:52 AM
WannabeSport

After cleaning Dawns car, I want to make sure everyone is two bucket method washing theirs cars lol. It makes a WORLD of difference with swirls and holograms in the paint.

Doing that alone is the single biggest thing you can do to ensure your car is swirl free always or at least a minimum of swirls. I am giving Dawn a demo tomorrow when she picks her sedan up.

So all ya'll, get yourself a second bucket!!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:41 AM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
After cleaning Dawns car, I want to make sure everyone is two bucket method washing theirs cars lol. It makes a WORLD of difference with swirls and holograms in the paint.

Doing that alone is the single biggest thing you can do to ensure your car is swirl free always or at least a minimum of swirls. I am giving Dawn a demo tomorrow when she picks her sedan up.

hey now, i've only REALLY had the sedan since march of this year, so i can't be held accountable for anything prior to that =P
Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Songle6MT

I only have one bucket lol... My car doesn't look too bad, but there are a couple swirls. Especially after cleaning with quick detail in Florida

Originally Posted by DGGal
hey now, i've only REALLY had the sedan since march of this year, so i can't be held accountable for anything prior to that =P
Anything after your detail is now on you Dawn
Old 08-09-2012, 10:43 AM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

I only have one bucket lol... My car doesn't look too bad, but there are a couple swirls. Especially after cleaning with quick detail in Florida

ha ok..we'll see how good of a tutorial janik can give me today lol
Old 08-09-2012, 11:18 AM
WannabeSport

Ill give you that, but lets see how long you can make it look nice like this haha.

Your car is grey so it is less noticeable but back her up into the sunlight and you will see the holograms lol. Mixing the dirt off your paint into the fresh soap is begging for trouble lol.
ha ok..we'll see how good of a tutorial janik can give me today lol
Old 08-09-2012, 11:21 AM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Ill give you that, but lets see how long you can make it look nice like this haha.
now would this involve buying some of your expensive detail stuff? because without the proper tools i can't make any promises hahaha
Old 08-09-2012, 11:25 AM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DG hardly shows any scratches

Quick Reply: Official *MN G CREW* rAnDoM chat thread/room