MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

Official *MN G CREW* rAnDoM chat thread/room

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WannabeSport
I'd love to buy them, but I have a solid $96 in my checking account and that probably aint enough.
At least you have a car that you "could" put them on.

I wouldn't have a car to put them on if I bought them
Old 10-05-2011, 10:43 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
If any of you are interested in getting your trim done in CF, now is the time. Tony from Carbon Fiber Element is putting together a group buy for his services.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:52 PM
mysticmotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd love to buy them, but I have a solid $96 in my checking account and that probably aint enough.
That doesn't even cover half of the shipping cost
Old 10-05-2011, 11:13 PM
soolman32

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=Xo_GEMYmP6U
Old 10-05-2011, 11:30 PM
SuperCleanG

Originally Posted by soolman32
Hmm I seen to remember someone talking about this guy the other day over Grappa.. and ill leave it at that
Old 10-06-2011, 02:52 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Peng, I am a broke *** ****! Leave me be! lol
Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperCleanG
Lance, anything special you do the car to get it ready for storing? whn its up on stands do you still start it like once a month. I know when I start my car it kind of bucks... don't think i have the cajones to start it once its sitting on stands.
Not really. My garage is insulated, heated, and drained, so the elements that the car is in really is no different then right now. While its on stands, its really no problem to sit in the car and start it.

My only issue from last year was after no starting if for over 3 months, my battery was dead. Gotta love the analog clock.

Don't worry about $$$ man, you're in college. Sh*t, even if i would have dropped every penny I put into my cavalier while i was in college, I still wouldnt' have been able to afford a G..lol (keep in mind this was 04-08).

Only money that should be on your mind is for our trip!~
Old 10-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Hoagie

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Not really. My garage is insulated, heated, and drained, so the elements that the car is in really is no different then right now. While its on stands, its really no problem to sit in the car and start it.

My only issue from last year was after no starting if for over 3 months, my battery was dead. Gotta love the analog clock.

Don't worry about $$$ man, you're in college. Sh*t, even if i would have dropped every penny I put into my cavalier while i was in college, I still wouldnt' have been able to afford a G..lol (keep in mind this was 04-08).

Only money that should be on your mind is for our trip!~
Trev, if you're not lucky enough to have an insulated garage like me, i would add fuel stabilizer (i forget the brand but i'll let you know when i remember) (i believe a bottle for a full tank, you add the bottle and then fill up so they can mix). then i'd disconnect the battery and turn the car over once a month for about 30 min or so. not a bad idea to through it up on stands for the tires, i'll probably do that this time around.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:00 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by Hoagie
Trev, if you're not lucky enough to have an insulated garage like me, i would add fuel stabilizer (i forget the brand but i'll let you know when i remember) (i believe a bottle for a full tank, you add the bottle and then fill up so they can mix). then i'd disconnect the battery and turn the car over once a month for about 30 min or so. not a bad idea to through it up on stands for the tires, i'll probably do that this time around.
most common is seafoam
Old 10-06-2011, 11:13 AM
soolman32

I only use fuel stabilizer and start the car every couple of weeks. I have yet to get flat spots but I ll move it from time to this winter just in case.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:22 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by soolman32
I only use fuel stabilizer and start the car every couple of weeks. I have yet to get flat spots but I ll move it from time to this winter just in case.
seriously? ...if i don't drive the car for 2-3 weeks, I can already feel/hear the thump thump thump on the brand new pavement right outside my house...takes a few miles for it to go away. Might have something to do w/ how soft toyos are though? Not sure.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Hoagie

seriously? ...if i don't drive the car for 2-3 weeks, I can already feel/hear the thump thump thump on the brand new pavement right outside my house...takes a few miles for it to go away. Might have something to do w/ how soft toyos are though? Not sure.
i'm not sure either. maybe if you have the tire pressure to the max limit it would prevent the tires from deforming? maybe not tho. but if you're not going to drive the car for the whole winter it wouldn't be a bad idea to take the tires off if you have space to store them.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:36 AM
soolman32

Originally Posted by Hoagie
i'm not sure either. maybe if you have the tire pressure to the max limit it would prevent the tires from deforming? maybe not tho. but if you're not going to drive the car for the whole winter it wouldn't be a bad idea to take the tires off if you have space to store them.
Yeah never had a problem. But I agree with you two. It wouldn't hurt to invest into some stands as I'm sure they will come in handy for future mods and wheel cleaning
Old 10-06-2011, 11:43 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

stands...not a prob. Just need a big *** air compressor. xmas is commmming
Old 10-06-2011, 11:48 AM
soolman32

stands...not a prob. Just need a big *** air compressor. xmas is commmming
I wish I had a 3 car garage coz then I could go all out with a lift in the 3rd stall but that will have to wait for the next house (whenever that is). I m still gonna hook up this garage fairly nicely though. The G has asked me for a 4 star garage

Quick Reply: Official *MN G CREW* rAnDoM chat thread/room