Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

Infiniti of Peoria...bull**** *** dealership

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 02:49 AM
koa789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti of Peoria...bull**** *** dealership

So I had my clutch, flywheel, throwout bearing, and pilot bearing replaced on my car at Infiniti of Scottsdale due to a vibration that was occurring in 1st gear. The vibration came back, and car started popping 1st gear out while driving, and also grinding 2nd gear. Got my transmission replaced at that point.

Fast forward 6k miles later, and the vibration is back. So I take my car to Infiniti of Peoria which is 2 miles away from my house. (The only reason why I ever went to Infiniti of Scottsdale was because it was closer to my work).

I talk to a service advisor there (Josh Gaffiny) who is an awesome guy. I talk to him about getting my car serviced there for the vibration issue as well as a few other warranty items which needed to be addressed (Brake vibration, 3rd time. Peeling dash, 2nd time. Hood struts going out, 1st time). He tells me no problem. On this same day, which was on April 14th, a technician named Gary took my car for a test drive with me in it and confirmed that the vibration was present and not normal.

The next day he (Josh) calls me back, and tells me I can not bring my car in for the transmission issue because his service manager does not want to work on it out of fear that if the other dealership messed something up, he would have to foot the bill. I tell him that is fine if that is the standard operating procedure.

On April 19th I called Infiniti Consumer Affairs and spoke with David who was quite helpful, and stated the dealership should work on my car regardless of which Infiniti dealer did the repairs prior. He told me I would get a call from someone in the next 24 hours.

I took my car back to Infiniti of Peoria that same day and spoke with Josh again and informed him of what ICA told me. He got his manager, Gus Briones (a very dishonest and fake person), who decided to take my car for a drive with me in it. He also noticed the issue. I said peachy, and left my car there and obtained a loaner vehicle.

On April 20th, at approximately 1pm, I get a call from ICA, from a rep named Erin (rude and apparently unable to comprehend basic communication skills, as every time I would tell her something, there would be a 15 second pause before she replied, as if reading from a script), who tells me that she spoke with Gus, who informed her that there is no issue with my vehicle. I politely informed her that Gus is a liar, and that both him and the technician (Gary) noticed the problem, and were able to replicate it on my car multiple times.
She then tells me there is nothing ICA can do about it since they go off of what the Service Manager (Gus the ****ing liar) tells them. I asked her if I take it to my own mechanic and he finds the problems and repairs it, can I send them the bill for reimbursement, and she tells me I would need to have an Infiniti dealer do the repairs. I then point out the paradox of the Infiniti dealer not wanting to fix it, and not wanting to reimburse me if I get it fixed. It went on and on in circles. It was like talking to a wall. I asked her why she does not talk to the technician, since I am hoping he is not a liar like his boss, and she tells me they only talk to the manager. So, ICA is completely useless. I don't really even know why they exist.

At this point I call Gus. I asked him why he told ICA there was no issue with my car, and he stated he is not confident they will be able to pin point the problem if they take my car apart, so he does not want to do it. I told him that there obviously is an issue that both he and Gary noticed, and he tells me he spoke with Gary, and they both feel there is no issue with my car. I point out to him that no other 6 speed G37 does this, like the one they were looking to sell me that I drove last time I was in there. The guy is an idiot, he is obviously not confident in his employee's ability to repair a vehicle or diagnose a problem, and does not give two flying ****s about his customers. Plain and simple.

At this point I'm at a cross roads. I have a few options.

-Contact the BBB and see where it takes me.
-Contact a local TV station and tell them about the business practice this dealership has.
-Talk to the GM of the dealership and see WTF is up and why he expects me to fork over 50k on a G37S Vert when I'm getting this kind of **** service with my current car. I've had an Infiniti prior to this that I also serviced at this dealership and never got this kind of run around and dishonesty.
-Get my attorney involved (last option and would like to avoid it)

I just don't understand why this type of customer service is ok with Infiniti. I guess I will have to fight back with my wallet next time I buy a car. I am sorry to say, as much as I love the G37 vert, I will not be buying it. Solely based on my dealings with Gus, Gary, and Erin, I will never spend another dime on a Nissan or Infiniti product.

I know it's a long read, so thanks to anyone who stuck trough it. Any suggestions are welcome. And just to reiterate, my service advisor is an awesome dude. Very honest, up front, and knowledgeable. Nothing but good things to say about him.

Last edited by koa789; 04-21-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:09 AM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
damnn man sorry to hear that! but that guy Gus is a d!ck... if i were you ill post everywhere about this siutation and convince people not to ever go there.... but whatever you do goodluck man!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:10 AM
ohsogood

Man I feel your pain. I've come to realize that some dealerships will just give you a hard time. I had a situation where the salesman at the dealership (Infiniti of Gwinett) was trying to sell me a car but was twisting his words around. He tried to add some fees on the back end of my lease without telling me.
Either way, I contacted ICA and fortunately, the manager at the dealership called me and apologized profusely regarding that particular salesman.
Long story short, sometimes it's worth driving a little farther to go to a dealership who will treat you like a king. The dealership I go to now will bend over backwards to help me out. Their service department will fix basically anything if I face any problems. That was what I expected at every Infiniti dealership, but some places will just treat you like s***.
You would think they would want to treat their customers well so that you buy another car from them but guess they don't think that far ahead?
Good luck and hopefully everything works out..
Old 04-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd suggest the "talk to the GM" option, then the BBB if no change occurs. As a prior owner and a potential buyer, you should have some preferred customer standing with the sales business, which is separate from the service business but can put pressure on the service business either directly or by going upstream to the franchisee.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:34 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Is the vibration issue to do with the shifter vibrating? Mine vibrates also. I think all 6MTs do it. The tansmission may seem rough, but I think it's normal on these cars. It's a pain getting them to work on the transmission because my dealership claims all of it is normal.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:51 AM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I had a similar situation with my bubbling seats. I bought the car at the end of February and soon began seeing the bubbling in the seats. So I went to the dealership where I bought my car at the beginning of March. My salesman (Shaun) saw the problem and told me he'd contact the service department and let me know what happens. A week goes by and I don't hear anything so I call Shaun and he acts stupid and was like "No one contacted you?" So I decided to bring it in so that one of the service techs (John) could take a look at my seats. He said he was never contacted by Shaun but that he'd look at the seats. He saw the problem, took some pictures and said he would email the service manager (Pat) the pictures to see what he would do. Then he told me I should hear back from him by the end of the week.

The week goes by and no contact. I call them and John said he hadn't heard back from Pat yet. So I give it another week and still no contact. So I decide to drop in and see wtf was going on. He says he still hasn't heard from Pat and went through the I'll let you know speech.

Another couple weeks or so goes by now it's April. I get something in the mail saying that my tags are now ready to be picked up so I figured today would be another opportunity to ask what the hell is going. I go in and see another guy in there, someone I didn't recognize. We say hi and he asks how he can help me. And I told him my story. At the end he says "I'm Pat but I was never contacted about the seats." I was livid. Thankfully Pat was really helpful and said they'd definitely warranty the seats. However it'd take Infiniti 2-4 weeks for the seats to ship since it's not a "required warranty" and that it can wait. And then it'd take another 4 hours or so for the seats to be replaced.

So it seems like we might have had similar dealerships, except your problem hasn't really been resolved yet...But like some others have said, something dealerships are definitely $hit where others are readily to help their customers out. I'm from DE and this dealership is the only in the whole state so I had no choice but to come here. Next time I have warranty work, I might travel a little more and go to one in PA and hopefully get better customer service.

And sorry, didn't mean to rant on and on in your thread but just wanted to describe how I've experienced similar CS..and this is just for warranty work on some freaking seats!

If I were in your situation I would take it back to the Scottsdale dealership and see if they'd be willing to fix your car without giving $hit for it.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Art Vandaley

call CIA again, get them to get the manager and from him derive an ascalation procedure for you to follow... the bottom level personell will not help you wince they are indeed reading **** off the paper.

it would also be a bonus to bring a personal recorder to one of those test drives...
Old 04-21-2011, 09:56 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
BBB is mostly a paper tiger. contact you state AG instead.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:09 AM
ESSRTEE8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think when you go for the test ride or talk with the service rep, you should stealthily record the conversation with your phone and play it back to whoever to prove your point.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeli688
I had a similar situation with my bubbling seats. I bought the car at the end of February and soon began seeing the bubbling in the seats. So I went to the dealership where I bought my car at the beginning of March. My salesman (Shaun) saw the problem and told me he'd contact the service department and let me know what happens. A week goes by and I don't hear anything so I call Shaun and he acts stupid and was like "No one contacted you?" So I decided to bring it in so that one of the service techs (John) could take a look at my seats. He said he was never contacted by Shaun but that he'd look at the seats. He saw the problem, took some pictures and said he would email the service manager (Pat) the pictures to see what he would do. Then he told me I should hear back from him by the end of the week.

The week goes by and no contact. I call them and John said he hadn't heard back from Pat yet. So I give it another week and still no contact. So I decide to drop in and see wtf was going on. He says he still hasn't heard from Pat and went through the I'll let you know speech.

Another couple weeks or so goes by now it's April. I get something in the mail saying that my tags are now ready to be picked up so I figured today would be another opportunity to ask what the hell is going. I go in and see another guy in there, someone I didn't recognize. We say hi and he asks how he can help me. And I told him my story. At the end he says "I'm Pat but I was never contacted about the seats." I was livid. Thankfully Pat was really helpful and said they'd definitely warranty the seats. However it'd take Infiniti 2-4 weeks for the seats to ship since it's not a "required warranty" and that it can wait. And then it'd take another 4 hours or so for the seats to be replaced.

So it seems like we might have had similar dealerships, except your problem hasn't really been resolved yet...But like some others have said, something dealerships are definitely $hit where others are readily to help their customers out. I'm from DE and this dealership is the only in the whole state so I had no choice but to come here. Next time I have warranty work, I might travel a little more and go to one in PA and hopefully get better customer service.
It sounds like once you talked to the actual service manager, things happened as they should. 2-4 weeks lead time and a half-day for installation doesn't sound bad for an appearance issue, they just shouldn't have yanked you around for months beforehand.

If I were you, I'd cultivate the relationship with Pat and keep taking my car there. I'd probably write the dealer a note saying that I had been ready to walk away as a customer because of the BS but that Pat saved the customer relationship. That would make him look good, and make him feel good about you.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:46 AM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I would take your car back to Scottsdale, and like was previously mentioned go up the chain of management with ICA. I had a similar issue years back on a G35 where it took a month but I got Infiniti to work with the dealership to replace the front tires for free (Infiniti of Scottsdale). I basically argued that there was a TSB for the 350Z that should apply to the G35. After arguing for hours and days with the lower tier support, who like you said sound like they are reading off a script, I finally went up the chain. I asked to speak with the manager's manager, and she said her manager doesn't take phone calls, so I got his info and sent a letter. That got the job done.

I bought my car from Infiniti of Peoria. They negotiated over the phone and email, and gave me the exact deal we agreed upon. So the sales team did their job. The finance girl was a total b!$%#, but whatever, that's her job to hard sell the worthless add ons. I've had it in for service there once (just an oil change) because it's free for the first two years, but the other work I've had done at Camelback because it's closer. They've taken care of everything so far just great. Scottsdale used to be on McDowell right by my house or I would still go there.

Just don't give up, you're definitely within your rights to have this stuff fixed. Depending on your mileage you might also look into lemon law procedures.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:48 PM
koa789

Originally Posted by breftayka
Is the vibration issue to do with the shifter vibrating? Mine vibrates also. I think all 6MTs do it. The tansmission may seem rough, but I think it's normal on these cars. It's a pain getting them to work on the transmission because my dealership claims all of it is normal.
I agree the shifter vibration is normal, since my G35 used to do it as well, but on my car, as you are letting off the clutch in first gear from a dead stop, the whole car will vibrate and shimmy back and forth, making the whole car shake. You can feel it coming from the clutch, but it also shakes the steering wheel. It's strong enough to make my girlfriend notice, and she can't tell the front from the back on a Porsche Boxter.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:41 PM
TL37

I think the best resolution is to speak with the GM for the issue and make sure you named every single person that you were involved so that he could expedite for you. I just have my repair/service done in Infiniti Beshoff which I had a superb experience!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:58 PM
koa789

By the way, this is in Peoria, AZ. Mods, can we please move it to the Southwest forum :-)
Old 04-22-2011, 08:20 PM
CsG

Originally Posted by ohsogood
Man I feel your pain. I've come to realize that some dealerships will just give you a hard time. I had a situation where the salesman at the dealership (Infiniti of Gwinett) was trying to sell me a car but was twisting his words around. He tried to add some fees on the back end of my lease without telling me.
Either way, I contacted ICA and fortunately, the manager at the dealership called me and apologized profusely regarding that particular salesman.
Long story short, sometimes it's worth driving a little farther to go to a dealership who will treat you like a king. The dealership I go to now will bend over backwards to help me out. Their service department will fix basically anything if I face any problems. That was what I expected at every Infiniti dealership, but some places will just treat you like s***.
You would think they would want to treat their customers well so that you buy another car from them but guess they don't think that far ahead?
Good luck and hopefully everything works out..
Which Infiniti dealership do you recommend in the metro Atlanta area? Roswell, Marietta, Dekalb?

Quick Reply: Infiniti of Peoria...bull**** *** dealership