MEDIA SHARE Intake, Exhaust, Engine, Forced-Induction & Drivetrain

Less restriction in your exhaust. Better sound too, 20 min install, no cost!!!

Old 02-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Greg Lecewicz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video of Greg's Pressure Relief Sound Holes G37s coupe

Originally Posted by Greg Lecewicz
We had drilled 3/4 of an inch hole in each muffler pipe. Much better sound and an eliminated restriction in higher RPM. Complete the install with a high temp exhaust paint. I just saved you close to a 1000 bucks!!! Spend it somewhere else.
YouTube - Greg's Pressure Relief Sound Holes on the streetYouTube - Greg's Pressure Relief Sound Holes on the street
Old 02-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Greg Lecewicz

Originally Posted by gtracing
i love my G too much to put my drill to it...
I love my wife but I let her do some plastic surgery, same thing. Objects of love and how we approach them. Sometimes we obtain great results from some rough treatment- that's what my mom says...
Old 02-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Greg Lecewicz

Originally Posted by Greg Lecewicz
We had drilled 3/4 of an inch hole in each muffler pipe. Much better sound and an eliminated restriction in higher RPM. Complete the install with a high temp exhaust paint. I just saved you close to a 1000 bucks!!! Spend it somewhere else.
Originally Posted by gtracing
wow...i can't believe u just did that to ur G....it's gonna look so weird in winter....u'll have smoke coming out from under ur bumper..hahaha
This mod helps to melt the snow under your tires for an improved traction. Sadly no snow in Florida.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Gazan37
Banned

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Quality R&D right there!! We might have ourselves a new vendor soon! haha
^Haha for 3/4" Drill bits!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Sounds and awful lot like a stock G37 exhaust to my ears but more power to you brother. I'm sure the camcorder didn't' do it justice.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Gazan37
Banned

And exhaust sounds deeper in the vid. but it sounds like it would rasp at higher rpms
Old 02-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Greg Lecewicz

Originally Posted by Dieseldoug22
Hey Greg quick question. Why didn't you just put some washers in between the flange plates that hold the muffler to the mid-pipe? A couple of washers would give you the same overall aperture, would be tunable and wouldn't stick out the tips that much. Plus its reversible.
Yes I was thinking about it and decided not to do it for 2 reasons:1. More labor involved, 2. The separation of the flange joint would have created an even gap so the exhaust gases would go upward as well. It is better to direct them down. The drilled holes are easy to cover if you want to by welding or plugging.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Greg Lecewicz

Originally Posted by DaKine
Don't flame on the guy if he wants to be creative. It's true that the muffler on our 40k + car is very restictive, but Nissan designed it that way so it can be DOT/EPA APPROVED. who are we to judge if he wants to drill holes on his car right?

I wonder though, a 1.5inch exhaust piping with very restrictive resonators from factory can actually make 12hp without the muffler. I thinking like the washer idea from deiseldoug, maybe I'll try it

I had an exhaust leak once... It sounded exoticly horrible I wonder how two exhaust leaks will sound

Personally, if I can't afford to buy a better looking, dyno proven exhaust, I'll just leave my 43k g37 alone.
The sound is greatly improved. Gentle growl on lows and very exciting in the highs. I don't know if it's going to make a dyno look better, we'll find out soon. Check out the video.YouTube - Drilled muffler pipes Infiniti G37s coupe
Old 02-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Greg Lecewicz

video one more time

Originally Posted by Gazan37
Well just for you, I'll hold off on my final judgment until after the vid. But don't hold your breath
YouTube - Drilled muffler pipes Infiniti G37s coupe
Old 02-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Greg Lecewicz

Drilled exhaust video by greg lecewicz

So here it is. Now you can say more about the project.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LRKH4MLkdAQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LRKH4MLkdAQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by Black Betty; 02-18-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: embedded the video
Old 02-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It does sound a little bit deeper then stock especially in those higher RPMs. I feel like I can hear the difference.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:08 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
I'd take my car to a machine shop and have him weld that back to stock, you did make it louder true, but the tone has become worse.

I don't understand how you expect to see gains, the restriction in our exhaust system are the cats, the thin diameter of the piping and the y-pipe. What you did was attempt to bypass the mufflers by creating an even more restricted hole!

Apart from the fact that it didn't cost much to do, I don't see any win aspect in your project, but that's just my opinion.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Greg Lecewicz

Originally Posted by gan78mao
video?????
Old 02-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Greg Lecewicz

LET PEOPLE DECIDE !!!!
Originally Posted by G37Sam
I'd take my car to a machine shop and have him weld that back to stock, you did make it louder true, but the tone has become worse.

I don't understand how you expect to see gains, the restriction in our exhaust system are the cats, the thin diameter of the piping and the y-pipe. What you did was attempt to bypass the mufflers by creating an even more restricted hole!

Apart from the fact that it didn't cost much to do, I don't see any win aspect in your project, but that's just my opinion.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 PM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
I agree, it sounds like the stock exhaust, maybe a little deeper sounding. My concern is HP gain, I dont care to much for sound, (as long as it doesnt attract the cops). I want to see HP gains.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Less restriction in your exhaust. Better sound too, 20 min install, no cost!!!