Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Help Tuning Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 04:15 PM
Charzardbolt
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuning Problem!

So I emailed a local ECUTEK tuner for my 2010 g37x and he said I may have problems tuning my car with the stillen gen3 intake. This is what he said
"So depending on how the Stillen Gen3s MAF flanges are welded inside of the tube(s), it may or may not cause turbulence to the MAF sensors and throw your scaling off. We had one a few weeks ago that was -20% on one bank and +25% on the other. No way in hellyou're going to be able to truly tune that out." Is this true?
Old 04-26-2019, 07:42 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Email Seb at SpecialtyZ. He can tune your car by mail with Ecutek with no BS involved. Those intakes have been around for years and there are literally thousands of cars running them tuned by many different shops who have good track records. You can always spend a little less and get drop in filters and post maf tubes and a tune and you will be very close to stillen numbers if you have concerns about long tubes. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:35 AM
Charzardbolt
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I already have the gen 3 stillen intake, I cant go back lol. Ill email him. thank you
Old 04-28-2019, 12:03 AM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Be sure to ask about the accelerator pedal and traction control custom inputs. They are awesome fun.