Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Thoughts on post maf tubes / filters

Old 04-23-2019, 07:36 PM
steveng37
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Thoughts on post maf tubes / filters

I have read very mixed reviews of the maf tubes paired with drop in filters set up. Can anyone else chime in?
Old 04-27-2019, 12:26 PM
SupG_MJS
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I’m curious on this too..

I’m thinking about saving my money on the CAI and just doing this modification which is much cheaper and just focus my money on a cat back exhaust and some suspension items

Plus it also seems like post MAF tubes and a K&N drop in filter will preserve some low-end power and give some gains in the middle rpms, obviously not as much as a CAI, but enough to be noticeable
Old 04-27-2019, 11:13 PM
thezinfan
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
It may be mixed opinion but in general it leans toward the post MAF/drop in being a good upgrade. Definitely worth it.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:35 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
I have them. It was a noticeable difference. Not a wow but more of an ok that's a little better than before. Worth it to me anyway. YMMV.
I also did test pipes and catback and then an etune by Seb at Specialty Z. I'm happy with these mods. It's a blast to drive every day. I doubt I will go long tubes since I drive it year round. The salt spray coming up off the road will almost certainly coat those filters sitting out in the open. I get some on the filters already.

Last edited by Invaderzim; 04-27-2019 at 11:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SupG_MJS (04-28-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 12:33 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Invaderzim
I have them. It was a noticeable difference. Not a wow but more of an ok that's a little better than before. Worth it to me anyway. YMMV.
I also did test pipes and catback and then an etune by Seb at Specialty Z. I'm happy with these mods. It's a blast to drive every day. I doubt I will go long tubes since I drive it year round. The salt spray coming up off the road will almost certainly coat those filters sitting out in the open. I get some on the filters already.

My filter are on for two winters, no sign of damage, i have prefilters too on them....
Old 04-29-2019, 08:32 AM
steveng37
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by SupG_MJS
I’m curious on this too..

I’m thinking about saving my money on the CAI and just doing this modification which is much cheaper and just focus my money on a cat back exhaust and some suspension items

Plus it also seems like post MAF tubes and a K&N drop in filter will preserve some low-end power and give some gains in the middle rpms, obviously not as much as a CAI, but enough to be noticeable
For around $200 it seems to produce some decent power for the price. I can't just another $300+. I'd rather put that towards HFC.
Originally Posted by thezinfan
It may be mixed opinion but in general it leans toward the post MAF/drop in being a good upgrade. Definitely worth it.
I did a lot of digging on the 370 forum and many members there have positive things to say. Some even included dyno results.
Originally Posted by Invaderzim
I plan on tubes/filters with HFC. I'm not trying to be the fastest car on the road, but I would like a little more over stock. I too go through crappy winters, so with this setup I would have a peace of mind driving. What drop ins are you running?
Old 04-29-2019, 07:35 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
I have k&n filters. There is another brand called afe that are dry type if you don't like the oiling and cleaning.