Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

SES Light Blinked Twice for 3 Seconds Each

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 09:04 AM
Gage Sarnes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SES Light Blinked Twice for 3 Seconds Each

Hello everyone, I have had my 08 G37s Coupe for about a month now. When I got (shortly after) my SES light came on. Had some codes ran and they were the famous P2a00 and P2a03 which were both of my upstream o2 sensors. My car has about 150k miles on it and I ordered some NGK-NTK heated o2 sensors and had a performance shop install them. Shop said the repair went very well and there was nothing about my car that should cause alarm. (The o2 sensors were stock, so they had 150k miles on them). I drove about 30 miles that day (yesterday 4/29) and about 10 today. After about 3 miles or so, my SES light came on, blinked SLOWLY (1...2...3.....1....2.....3) and then went away, and then within 1 minute did the same exact sequence. Drove the rest of my remaining 7 miles with no light, and the car has been running wonderfully if not better than before the old o2's. Now at first glance it worried me because I thought it was the Ol' shut the car off and cry for a bit. However it was blinking slowly and then went away, so my initial instinct is that my ECU is just trying to re learn the parts, because of the job that o2's have. Looking for reassurance more than anything here.

Thanks.