Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Cold Air Decision

Old 03-15-2019, 11:37 AM
-ZS-Carpenter
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by I’m.A.G
Has anyone ever experimented with heat sheild wrap on their CAI pipes??? And wouldn’t heat soak affect all pipping that runs thru the engine bay??? Yes you may be pulling cold air from infront of the radiator but your pipes and manifold are directly near the engine and it’s heat...... and YESSSSS, again, I enjoy the throaty Intake growl. That’s the modification I’m seeking. We arent talking about the minor tweak of CAI, not picking a Turbo.
It's your car, if you are ok with losing power just for a little induction noise go for it i guess. The problem with short rams is common knowledge in the Z/G community. Everyone you talk to will tell you to avoid them at all cost. But again your car and your dime, GL
Old 03-15-2019, 02:04 PM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
I wouldn't tell you to avoid short rams, mainly due to my dyno testing. Stock air box with r2c drop ins and HPS post maf tubes got me 306whp, my "custom" short rams made 316 and my "custom" long tube intakes made 320. The long tubes lost power below 7k and only gained above. The short rams made the same as the stock box's until around 6500 where they made more to revlimit. Keep in mind my "custom" intakes utilized a 2.5" maf housing with a screen built in and large velocity stack filters.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:44 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Originally Posted by I’m.A.G
Has anyone ever experimented with heat sheild wrap on their CAI pipes??? And wouldn’t heat soak affect all pipping that runs thru the engine bay??
Several people have indeed wrapped their intake tubing. Search for the user Ape Factory, he documented pre- and post-wrap intake temperatures under various conditions on his coupe.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:49 PM
I’m.A.G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaaaahhhhhh!!!! K&N!!!!!

Help guys. I picked up a typhoon short ram, but I’m missing part “W” the Stand-off. Part 06352. It holds the heat shield to the engine bay. What can I do???