Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Hfc & y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 10:40 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Dzionassi
Is it AWD?
Nope rwd
Old 10-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricio1991
Nope rwd
I guess then it does not work on awd. Because i wanted to buy and was advised not to. Because there are some fitment issues..
Anyways, i am happy with my setup. Just need to squeeze couple horses from my catback it is only bottle neck left on my exhaust.

Last edited by Dzionassi; 10-22-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:03 PM
bassy
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
I finally got the Berk HFC and Megan Racing Y pipe installed today. I was afraid there's gonna be rasp, but I didn't detect it. I hope there isn't any rasp in this video clip.

Old 10-28-2017, 11:48 AM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bassy
I finally got the Berk HFC and Megan Racing Y pipe installed today. I was afraid there's gonna be rasp, but I didn't detect it. I hope there isn't any rasp in this video clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfd2x_OBXQY
Mine sounds like a tank compered to yours. Louder. It is strange that there is no RASP. Do you get any cabin drone?
Old 10-28-2017, 07:33 PM
bassy
Registered Member

Mine sounds like a tank compered to yours. Louder. It is strange that there is no RASP. Do you get any cabin drone?
Yes, I do get way more cabin drone, especially going uphill at any speed. I love bass (as in music and movies, hence, my nick "bassy"), but this setup is like listening to my subwoofer belting out 20Hz and below frequencies every time I drive my car. My old setup of Tanabe midpipe and Tanabe axle back (stock cats and y pipe) was almost perfect as it had no rasp, drone and wasn't as loud as this new setup.

I stopped by a local exhaust shop to find out if I could add more resonators to my setup, but they didn't recommend it. I'll probably have to dynamat my floor and trunk to block out some drone.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:36 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

Yes, I do get way more cabin drone, especially going uphill at any speed. I love bass (as in music and movies, hence, my nick "bassy"), but this setup is like listening to my subwoofer belting out 20Hz and below frequencies every time I drive my car. My old setup of Tanabe midpipe and Tanabe axle back (stock cats and y pipe) was almost perfect as it had no rasp, drone and wasn't as loud as this new setup.

I stopped by a local exhaust shop to find out if I could add more resonators to my setup, but they didn't recommend it. I'll probably have to dynamat my floor and trunk to block out some drone.
And why they did not recommend it? I did dynamat my trunk, i cant any difference, but again i have hatch
Old 10-28-2017, 11:04 PM
bassy
Registered Member

And why they did not recommend it? I did dynamat my trunk, i cant any difference, but again i have hatch
They said with my current setup right now, there's really no section big enough to accommodate more resonators without hitting the cross members. What they had available in shop were some generic and Magnaflow resonators. They looked about 18" long and 4"-5" OD. They also said that since there are two resonators in the Tanabe mid pipe already, adding more wouldn't quiet it down. I would need to get a different axle back/muffler if I wanted less loudness.

Which type of Dynamat did you use? I think I want to try the DynaPad.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:32 AM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

They said with my current setup right now, there's really no section big enough to accommodate more resonators without hitting the cross members. What they had available in shop were some generic and Magnaflow resonators. They looked about 18" long and 4"-5" OD. They also said that since there are two resonators in the Tanabe mid pipe already, adding more wouldn't quiet it down. I would need to get a different axle back/muffler if I wanted less loudness.

Which type of Dynamat did you use? I think I want to try the DynaPad.
This is what i used:

Amazon Amazon

And yes there are space for resonators. Vibrant 1142 3" Ultra Quiet helped a lot to quite down droning and Vibrant 1792 helped with rasp.... In other words 1142 made biggest impact on sounding of my exhaust.