Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

admin intakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 01:02 PM
amanoshin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
admin intakes

hey gang I heard about administrator intakes and then you do tune. I have g37xs sedan. Total cost is 1500 bucks are they worth it same stuff as injen or dc others.? I'm sure if I get injen nd do tune will get same gains as admin. Not totally shure thanks
Old 08-29-2017, 02:17 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I don't know anyone who uses admin here. I haven't even heard of the company before.

You're going to have similar gains on each type of intake. Long tube CAI will be comparable to other long tube CAIs, and short ram will be comparable to other similar products as well.

That being said, it sounds like you're looking for gains. Go for long tube CAI. The 2 most trusted options here are Stillen Gen 3 and Takeda. Most go with Stillen.

I would hold off on tuning until you do more mods. Get exhaust first or high flow cats.

If you go intake + tune, you're going to gain like 5-8HP overall.

Most go with EcuTek for tuning now. If you're planning to stop at intake, get the off the shelf version for $650.

If you're going to do more modding, I would go with custom tune later. Either local or e-tune if no local tuners. Typically $700 for custom tune at shop and $850 for etune where you provide them logs.

This belongs more in technical section too. You'll probably get more views here.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:31 PM
Mr_Mer

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
The Administration Tuning long tubes are 3" and in my opinion are better suited for 70 mm throttle bodies, to take advantage of the whole mass flow area they offer. If you use them with OEM TBs you will need a transition from 3" down to 2.5".

Not saying that you will have no gains, but they might be comparable to other long tube application instead of a huge HP leap.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:59 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
70 mm TBs are a hit or miss. Requires a tuner who is experienced and knows what they are doing. The increased airflow can be too much for the stock manifold and VVEL to handle.

Read up on the Z1 70 MM TBs before purchasing. Sounds like when they work they're great and when they don't, owners are left with a used product and store credit at best...
Old 08-31-2017, 01:01 PM
amanoshin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is what i was talking about guys.AdminTuning Infiniti G37 Nissan 370Z VQ37VHR 3" Long Tube Intake System
Old 08-31-2017, 02:53 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
I don't know man. Those numbers are impressive but how much of that is the intakes, how much is the larger TBs and how much is the tune...Sounds like they're taking credit for something other products are contributing to because +22 horses and +13 TQ seems like a lot for just throwing bigger intakes on.... $1,500? Is this including the TBs and Tune? or just Intake and tune?

I can guarantee, there will be a bottle neck with these huge things running into stock TBs. You're losing Volume and Velocity with tubes this big. You want smooth airflow and 63mm (2.5'') is the biggest you can go from CAIs to TBs that the stock manifold will allow.

These claims seem like it takes into account +XX MM TBs and a tune which sounds more inline with those gains with just those mods. With a $640 price tag, that is extremely pricey considering what you're actually getting from them. Even if you ran with the appropriate ported set-up, you still need to find a tuner who can pull everything together. If you need the tune, TBs and Intakes and it takes $1,500 for those gains you're looking at roughly $70 per HP...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but my research showed the EPS TBs neck down to 58mm (stock) anyways. 63 mm is the largest you can go before you run into issues.

Edit: Read through this and make your decision....Those gains are CAI, TBs and Tune...

http://www.the370z.com/intake-exhaus...intakes-4.html

Last edited by RMB5190; 08-31-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:50 PM
c1utchh
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm actually running AdminTuning CAI, I'm impressed tbh. For now my entire setup is Admin Tuning CAI + Berks HFC + Ark Grip CBE with an UpRev Tune on 93 octane. pushing 300whp on awd and 257tq. The before and after is a huge difference. Almost feels like a sleeper G if you look stockish. Also I became very friendly with the owner of admintuning and he is a very genuine person.
The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 11:55 AM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Here is a newer video he posted:

Old 09-18-2017, 02:07 PM
kroy
Registered Member

^lmao at that video. This guy is just trying to sell Admin intake. If he wanted to give a real comparison, it would have been a tuned car or untuned car both times. 90% of the gains were from tune.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:24 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

My understanding was that it was the same tune and only an intake swap. Did I miss something?
Old 09-18-2017, 02:26 PM
770choice_37x

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kroy
^lmao at that video. This guy is just trying to sell Admin intake. If he wanted to give a real comparison, it would have been a tuned car or untuned car both times. 90% of the gains were from tune.
Didn't he say that both runs were tuned? He said AF, VVel, timing etc. was the same.
jpowersjr2 (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 05:24 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 770choice_37x
Didn't he say that both runs were tuned? He said AF, VVel, timing etc. was the same.
I don't remember him saying so, but if he claims both runs are tuned, he's lying to promote his agenda. I would say he's guilty of promoting an agenda even if he didn't directly lie, but omitted information to make it seem like they were both tuned.

Let's just talk about what's physically possible. Is it possible to gain 30whp from intake alone?

Even with the hood open, you're not going to make an additional 30whp from intake. Not with the mods this guy listed.

IIRC only mods on this car are uprev, intake and test pipe. Just do the math.

I'm not saying admin intake is a bad product, I'm just saying this guy is misleading people about the gains.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:34 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

I re-watched it. Same tune, nothing changed besides the intake. His car has test pipes and exhaust.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:47 PM
AdminTuning

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't remember him saying so, but if he claims both runs are tuned, he's lying to promote his agenda. I would say he's guilty of promoting an agenda even if he didn't directly lie, but omitted information to make it seem like they were both tuned.

Let's just talk about what's physically possible. Is it possible to gain 30whp from intake alone?

Even with the hood open, you're not going to make an additional 30whp from intake. Not with the mods this guy listed.

IIRC only mods on this car are uprev, intake and test pipe. Just do the math.

I'm not saying admin intake is a bad product, I'm just saying this guy is misleading people about the gains.
Strong words.

First thing I'd like to address is having the hood up. I only kept the hood up because that's how you get RPM signal on the dyno.

Secondly. AFR was the same, this can be seen on the dyno chart for both runs, hovering right around ~12.7 or so. IGN, VVEL, Cam phasing was also the same. I did this specifically for the sake of science and for comments like these.

Thirdly. I tested these intakes on a bone stock car and made 22whp. I had to tune the air/fuel because the pipe is larger diameter than stock, without that, the car would not run. I stated that an AF correction will not make 22whp, any tuner knows this. But to further prove my point, I did this most recent test with the AFR the same between runs.

This video here:

Finally, these numbers are consistent on other cars with similar mods (and my intakes). You can see that on this video below. 6MT G37 coupe with the same exhaust as me, test pipes, AdminTuning intakes, tuned by me (on the street) and dyno'd on the same dyno, with similar IATs, and the same correction factor. It made 313whp on the first pull, and 309whp on the second pull. Aligns very similarly to the 311whp numbers my 7AT G37 coupe made.

If anyone has more questions, post up.

Thanks,

Last edited by AdminTuning; 09-18-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Thanhchampion (09-23-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 08:12 PM
kroy
Registered Member

^ I'm sorry you took offense at my strong words but the claims are just too hard to digest.

Can you do a back to back with tuned car with stock intake, vs with admin intake? To me, that's an apples to apples comparison.

So fully tuned car, only difference is the intake. Or you can compare your intake with any other well established brand like Stillen Gen3 or Takeda, which are also long tube CAI; albeit not 3". Comparing your intake with another competitors's intake would be the best apples to apples comparison.

If gains are real, I might look into getting it for myself as well because 20whp is crazy.

Quick Reply: admin intakes