Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review Agency Power Resonated Y-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 10:16 PM
Slatey
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Dzionassi
They don't make resonated y pipes for g37, period. According to the guy on the phone, resonated one for g35 will fit g37 but flow characteristics way better for g37 pipe (the one attached in my previous post). He apologized for the mistake they made on their website...
You can call them +1 480 921 7422 and talk to customer service, guy sounded like he knows his stuff.

There is one more email from ebay seller with picture attached:

Good afternoon,

The item should still be able to make it out today but I need to verify one thing with you.

As shown in the description, the unit shown in the picture is the 350Z unit, not the 370Z/G37 unit. We do not have a professional photo of the 370Z/G37 units yet so we just have that disclaimer in the listing until we can get professional photos added.

I've had my shipping team quick take a picture of the 370Z/G37 Y-Pipe units and have attached the photo to this message.

If you can confirm that you saw the disclaimer and that you are okay with this then I can get the order fulfilled as soon as possible. The design of the 350Z/G35 Y-Pipe versus the 370Z/G37 Y-Pipe is slightly different so I just wanted to make sure that you are getting the item that you are expecting for your vehicle. You'll notice the flex joints on the 370Z/G37 are on the straight portion whereas the flex joints on the 350Z/G35 are on the curved section.

Thanks!!
-Mark
www.promotiveconcepts.com

And one more email from Ebay seller:

The 370Z/G37 aftermarket Y-Pipes do not have a resonator due to the different design. The biggest difference is the shape and intervals of where the Y-bends are. The front section of the 370Z/G37 Y-Pipes are much more elongated than the 350Z/G35 units which does not allow for placement of a resonator.

I've just noticed our description mistakenly says it is resonated, which I've now corrected so that it does not say that.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed. We can proceed with shipping out the product or refunding your purchase in full due to our mistake in the description.

Thank you,
-Mark

Welp man, you can take this to them to explain. Give them the part #, hell show them the post. If it isn't the right part that I received, then it fit really great for being completely wrong. When I received the wrong part from Vivid, they confirmed that part number with Agency Power. I'd hope they would know their own part numbers. Not trying to sound like a jerk but I don't think that EBay seller knows what they are talking about.

Last edited by Slatey; 04-26-2017 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:34 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
G35 and G37 y-pipes are interchangeable. They are designed differently, slightly, but will fit on either of those cars. However I think the G35 y-pipe will only fit RWD G37 models because of the design. You can see how they are different. The G35 y-pipe has a longer straight portion while the G37 has a shorter straight portion which allows for the placement of a resonator on the G35 y-pipe.

The following users liked this post:
Dzionassi (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 10:37 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Black4drG37
Welp man, you can take this to them to explain. Give them the part #, hell show them the post. If it isn't the right part that I received, then it fit really great for being completely wrong. When I received the wrong part from Vivid, they confirmed that part number with Agency Power. I'd hope they would know their own part numbers. Not trying to sound like a jerk but I don't think that EBay seller knows what they are talking about.
Well like i said, talked to Agency Power power directly on the phone. He confirmed everything.... I am not here to throw anyone of the track, just posting my findings. If manufacturer tells me they made mistake on webside and they dont make resonated pipes, I tend to believe them... Like i said, the guy on the phone was very knowledgeable. I guess manufacturer knows best. You should call them too. I would just to confirm and if its true, ask for some kind refund from vivid.

Thanks and good luck.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:40 PM
Slatey
Registered Member

Well like i said, talked to Agency Power power directly on the phone. He confirmed everything.... I am not here to throw anyone of the track, just posting my findings. If manufacturer tells me they made mistake on webside and they dont make resonated pipes, I tend to believe them... Like i said, the guy on the phone was very knowledgeable. I guess manufacturer knows best. You should call them too. I would just to confirm and if its true, ask for some kind refund from vivid.

Thanks and good luck.
But it fit lol. No reason to take it off now. Unless the correct part was cheaper. I dont even know how there is so many conflicting stories.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:43 PM
Slatey
Registered Member

https://www.agency-power.com/shop/ag...an-370z-09-16/

WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH OMG. What is going on???
Old 04-26-2017, 10:47 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

But it fit lol. No reason to take it off now. Unless the correct part was cheaper. I dont even know how there is so many conflicting stories.
yeah it fits, but according Agency Power flow characteristics is better on g37... And no g37 one is more expensive. Like i said, I am happy that it fits and made you happy, just waning everyone else this pipe is for g35...
Old 04-26-2017, 10:51 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts

It fits the 370z/G37, but it's designed based on the G35. Which means it will fit either of those... So their description is not wrong.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:52 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

did you read my previous post? theirs listing is faulty They confirmed that did you see phone number that i provided? You can call them, or not whatever floats your boat...
I get it. you happy with pipe, it is all that matters. Just passing my findings.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:56 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

Originally Posted by the93owner
It fits the 370z/G37, but it's designed based on the G35. Which means it will fit either of those... So their description is not wrong.
yes, Agency Power said petty much same thing, but the better option for g37 is new pipe...
Old 04-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Slatey
Registered Member

Thanks and good luck.
yeah it fits, but according Agency Power flow characteristics is better on g37... And no g37 one is more expensive. Like i said, I am happy that it fits and made you happy, just waning everyone else this pipe is for g35...
Originally Posted by the93owner
did you read my previous post? theirs listing is faulty They confirmed that did you see phone number that i provided? You can call them, or not whatever floats your boat...
I get it. you happy with pipe, it is all that matters. Just passing my findings.
yes, Agency Power said petty much same thing, but the better option for g37 is new pipe...
Got ya, IDK why they don't just update the description if it is a mistake. I mean if it fits it fits.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:16 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

Got ya, IDK why they don't just update the description if it is a mistake. I mean if it fits it fits.
Because I started digging today LOL. After conversation with Ebay seller i thought he is full of it, so i called Agency Power directly. They guy knew exactly what was i talking about LOL. He confirmed that one of their vendors just called him with this issue

Black4drG37, i am not tying to be rude, just spreading the word to the community wanna be helpful LOL
Old 04-26-2017, 11:18 PM
Slatey
Registered Member

Because I started digging today LOL. After conversation with Ebay seller i thought he is full of it, so i called Agency Power directly. They guy knew exactly what was i talking about LOL. He confirmed that one of their vendors just called him with this issue

Black4drG37, i am not tying to be rude, just spreading the word to the community wanna be helpful LOL

There was no offense taken or anything, I was just fighting this concept of this thing I literally held in my hand, fit, and had the same picture all over, was wrong lol
Old 05-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Rich11G37xS
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
How in the world did you see this for $225 ?? ..that's a must buy at that price !!...Nice find ! Thanks for sharing the link....I wonder if we could get a group buy going ??
Old 05-06-2017, 01:53 AM
Slatey
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rich11G37xS
How in the world did you see this for $225 ?? ..that's a must buy at that price !!...Nice find ! Thanks for sharing the link....I wonder if we could get a group buy going ??
Not sure, we'd have to contact Vivid. However, I was able to save all of the parts off of my sedan and I'm not sure if I'm going to install it in the coupe or sell it. So keep an eye out on the classifieds, it may be up for sale soon...
Old 06-17-2017, 03:57 AM
takeapieandrun
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Thanks for this thread, my Top Speed exhaust sounded perfect by itself but i added ART pipes and it promptly became raspy. I'll probably buy one of these if the price comes down. Another one to look out for is the "Circuit Werks" resonated y pipe, which is the same but just with a detachable resonator. It's $10 cheaper right now, $280 intead of $290.
The following 2 users liked this post by takeapieandrun:
Rich11G37xS (06-17-2017), Slatey (08-14-2017)