Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

High Flow Cats to Complement Tanabe Exhaust

Old 02-18-2017, 06:49 PM
Übermensch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High Flow Cats to Complement Tanabe Exhaust

Hey all, about three months ago I installed the Tanabe Medallion exhaust system on my G37x sedan. Although it sounds great, I'm looking for high flow catbacks to complement it by adding extra hp gains and a more sporty sound. Does anyone have experience with HFCs and the Medallion system, or are there any HFCs you all would recommend?
Old 02-18-2017, 11:36 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
There are a few videos on YouTube of this combo. Definitely enhances the sound. Alternatively, you could swap out the stock resonators in the mid pipe for shorter ones, which will also enhance the sound. Or you could do both, some have done that as well. There's a thread on this forum discussing this specifically, you should check it out.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:29 AM
Übermensch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your input. The Tanabe mid pipes and y pipes look like an option however only the coupe is listed as fitting these parts. Does anyone have experience installing these systems on the G37x Sedan?
Old 02-19-2017, 01:24 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by Ãœbermensch
Thank you for your input. The Tanabe mid pipes and y pipes look like an option however only the coupe is listed as fitting these parts. Does anyone have experience installing these systems on the G37x Sedan?
I believe they only make those for the coupes unfortunately.

Search this Thread